Sign in to follow this  
bakerman

Community Ballistics

I'm dropping support for this project until the need arises for me to pick it up again.

I have lots of other mods that require my attention and I cannot spend the little time I have on something that the community is not interested in.

I guess the majority of mod-makers simply don't care about authenticity and will continue to mislead users with their bs claims of realism.

:bye:

• Like 1

How do you come to the conclusion that there is no interest by mod-makers?

Very little response, downloads and use of the tools & info.

Everything is still there for people to use if they wish to do so, I just can't continue working on it when I have more important mods to attend to.

Remember that there are a huge number of lurkers around these forums, that wont post, but are interested in this. I'm one of them.

Very little response, downloads and use of the tools & info.

Everything is still there for people to use if they wish to do so, I just can't continue working on it when I have more important mods to attend to.

I, for one, really hope that there is mass implementation, though I imagine the best hope will be Lukrop's approach of configs added on to various mods to take advantage of this. He's already done some great work implementing magazine interchangeability across different mods and using spartan's ammo. I'm sure as spartan adopts the new ballistics calculations you've assembled here we will start seeing these improvements being applied to the really great weapons mods out there.

So don't sound too hopeless, I think you've already put us on a much better path.

Im sorry to announce that Bakerman has left the modding community. I dont know what was the problem, but he just deleted all shared files of AIS and other mods.

He was a guy with talent and knowledge and was willing to help the community but this is the end.

Im sorry to announce that Bakerman has left the modding community. I dont know what was the problem, but he just deleted all shared files of AIS and other mods.

He was a guy with talent and knowledge and was willing to help the community but this is the end.

If true, that is a very unfortunate loss. He was working on lots of great things.

I'm interested in the 'bs' from other mod makers regarding realism.

I dont have any info on this and im used to his dedication to realism, so im not sure where this is coming from. Lets close this thread, please and get over it.

this is a damn shame and big loss :(

CUP/AiA SA will most likely implement at some point, so will other big mods I assume

However it will just take some time to happen - people already have ongoing projects and work

I for one had a project I was going to use these on. The project was not at that stage yet, but still. However now that you dropped your support there is no way of doing this and herecome the so called "bs-ballistics".

2 days was the time you gave for people to download and use this? Most people dont even visit the forums more than twice a week. And honestly the biggest benefit would have been the community ready-made list of opensource ballistics.

And how do you know if your info was not used or used? And this thread got this ticket reviewed.

Oh well. This is just more of the same pettiness this forum has seen so much.

Edited by Bumgie

Yeah i talked about all of this with him before......I told him he is doing "gods" work in sarcasm since the ticket got reviewed and he got so many good responses from the community in his thread.

Your best bet would be to ask friendly some other guys here which allready downloaded it and try to reverse engineer. He shared all of his work so im pretty sure th ballistic calculator can stay with the community, but i wont release all of his AIS stuff.

Im not sure what happened to Bakerman, but I hope he can clear all the stuff up that troubled him.

One Suggestion would be......IF someone is willing to pickup where Bakerman left, then do it with the calculator you allready got from him and enhance the datasheets with more bullets/calculatons.

While this is disconcerting I have figured out how to get extremely accurate AirFriciton values using his Calculator, Hornady's Ballistic Calculator, and an acceleration calculator on the web, and correlating that on Dust 2 Dust's ballistic calculator. Ballistic Range tables show that my new calculations are easily within my 3% margin of error. However I do wonder how he figured in bullet damage based on numbers, this has me scratching my head...

BTW when using Dust 2 Dusts Ballistic Calculator to look at range ticks I use -9.80665 for the Gravitational Acceleration rate as this is the globally acknowledged rate of gravitational pull.

Addendum: It appears that either his calculator is not accurate in calculating velocities or its the code in ArmA that is not correct, Hornady is telling me that the bullet should be going 635 m/s at 100m and I am getting 647.75 m/s...

Edited by Spartan0536

Hello fellow ballisticians,

Even more important than velocities are bullet drops, and I´ve seen no one up to now correctly calculating them with their sims. I mean no one has come with the definite in game drop values formulas.

You can have different impact velocities if your time of flight is right because you can admit bullets decelerates and them accelerates again due to the fall.