Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

Campaign Episode 3: WIN - Feedback thread ** SPOILER WARNING! **

Ever seen the end of "The Dark Knight Rises?" Will there be another Batman Movie? Did he die in the Nuke explosion? What do you think? Duh. He lived and there will be another movie.....but we won't know until Hollywood makes another movie.

The same with this Campaign....there will be a continuation, too many unanswered questions.....if they don't continue the campaign then it will turn into an "epic fail." As for Kerry being so "Naive"....he wasn't being "Naive"....he's confused. Is Miller "Good" or is Miller "Bad"....we still don't know, that's the whole point....even we are confused. I could nitpick every little thing, but I'm not going to....it was a pretty good campaign - overall. Now, with that said, the only MAJOR thing I would have done differently is with the WMD......instead of making an "earthquake device", I would have made some type of "Laser Device" or maybe a "cloaking device" or even some kind of "Biological Warfare Agent" (that's what I originally thought it would be) that could change the outcome of the War between NATO and CSAT / Russia / China. But, the "earthquake device" is a new twist, I guess BIS didn't want to go the old route of the "Nuke" device.

BTW....did you notice the Seismic Map in the dome? It put Stratis and Altis just to the SE of Italy....it was closer to Italy than Greece. Interesting.

Kinda interesting comparison of Miller and G-Man. Immediately some rather marking moments of my HL experience popped up. Suddenly, a new alternate ending for Win appeared in my mind as an extension of the Game Over ending.

"That is why you are here Cpl. Kerry, I have recommended your services to my employers, and they have authorized me to offer you a job. They agree with me that you have limitless potential. You've proven yourself a decisive man so I don't expect you'll have any trouble deciding what to do. If you're interested just step into the helicopter and I'll take that as a yes. Otherwise, well I can offer you a battle you have no chance of winning, rather an anticlimax after what you've just survived.

Time to choose..."

You do know that Zipper worked on the Arma 3 campaigns?

Yes I do, and he could potentially do another if he wanted, but I doubt it. The work he did on A3 could have been enough for him.

Edited by Jinzor

Kinda interesting comparison of Miller and G-Man. Immediately some rather marking moments of my HL experience popped up. Suddenly, a new alternate ending for Win appeared in my mind as an extension of the Game Over ending.

"That is why you are here Cpl. Kerry, I have recommended your services to my employers, and they have authorized me to offer you a job. They agree with me that you have limitless potential. You've proven yourself a decisive man so I don't expect you'll have any trouble deciding what to do. If you're interested just step into the helicopter and I'll take that as a yes. Otherwise, well I can offer you a battle you have no chance of winning, rather an anticlimax after what you've just survived.

Time to choose..."

Brilliant! :D The gasping voice is a must, though.

Ever seen the end of "The Dark Knight Rises?" Will there be another Batman Movie? Did he die in the Nuke explosion? What do you think? Duh. He lived and there will be another movie.....but we won't know until Hollywood makes another movie.

It's a bad comparison. There won't be another Nolan Batman as it's a trilogy that's over. Even if he died, there'd probably be another movie. This Batman and this Batman are not the same. But the characters and events in Arma 3 have direct connections to the Arma 2 and TKoH events.

.....if they don't continue the campaign then it will turn into an "epic fail."

I agree, the story is interesting enough to develop it further.

As for Kerry being so "Naive"....he wasn't being "Naive"....he's confused. Is Miller "Good" or is Miller "Bad"....we still don't know, that's the whole point....even we are confused.

I still stand by naive.

Miller openly sabotaged the communications in Survive, sabotaged the FIA and treated them as the means to an end throughout Adapt, screwed over the FIA when the NATO arrived and left you for dead. THEN at the end of it all, when his team failed, they called you like a Rambo-lapdog to do their shit for them.

Kerry proceeded to comply, without a single spec of doubt in his mind about what he's doing (Supported by the way he cuts off Crossroads after you meet James) and then Miller proceeds to tell him, after that entire "Zoinks, I'll take that superweapon you just delivered, you're irrelevant" dialogue, "Just stay here little doggy, I'll be back for you". And Kerry is bewildered when Miller doesn't.

If that's not naive, I really don't know what is. He's capable of immense feats of leadership and Ramboism, yet he thinks like a dog. A confused person who has even a little bit of intelligence would probably consider, after retrieving the device, that he maybe should get some answers before deciding to outright hand it over.

I also don't know how Miller can be painted a "good" guy after that. There might be an overarching story where this ending results in a "good" outcome, but as a character, Millers decisions and the way he treats and talks to Kerry, is nothing but douche behavior.

Kerry is a dog and Miller is a cat. :D

Edited by Sniperwolf572

You mean FIA, AAF were the gov force fighting NATO

Yep, meant one, wrote the other. :)

Gameplay and presentation in general was IMO best in "Win". Many squads on the ground, fighting alongside armor, MLRS, ... It was very challenging at times but all failures were traceable to my mistakes so that's part of fun. I didn't use UAV.

The story was very thrilling because I was expecting answers... The very end ruined it :(.

I opted to do "Find Answers" optional task after Miller's last transmission. When I reached the place and Kerry said "What's all this seismic shit about?" and task was marked as completed I chuckled a little and Bohemia Introllactive logo came to my mind. Good job BIS ;).

i'm replaying the campaign, and i came to this thread to tell this topic is not old and even now, as of november 2014 , in the mainbranch version v1.34.xxx the 'timed' Mission Failed bug is still present in Moral Fibre and im unable to complete that lame mission. that prevents from progression and does fucking ruin the entire SP game experience. ... i've been here since OPFP1985, but i have a pity for the poor new arma3 users/gamers!

SO WHAT THE FUCK

Edited by Lightningstrike

i'm replaying the campaign, and i came to this thread to tell this topic is not old and even now, as of november 2014 , in the mainbranch version v1.34.xxx the 'timed' Mission Failed bug is still present in Moral Fibre and im unable to complete that lame mission. that prevents from progression and does fucking ruin the entire SP game experience. ... i've been here since OPFP1985, but i have a pity for the poor new arma3 users/gamers!

SO WHAT THE FUCK

Is this reproducible every time, do you destroy the tank, do you try and clear the roadblock (the instructions aren't very clear. You have to destroy the tank and then advance with your team to remove the roadblock to finish the mission).

There's an arbitrary time limit to clear the road block after you destroy the tank, something like 6 minutes. I haven't played that mission in a while but don't really get why there's a time limit at all.

Is this reproducible every time, do you destroy the tank, do you try and clear the roadblock (the instructions aren't very clear. You have to destroy the tank and then advance with your team to remove the roadblock to finish the mission).

i have reproduced this maybe 10 TIMES already, as i restarted the mission several times, i have destroyed that stupid tank with explosive charge and also with artillery strike, i then killed every enemy soldier and can walk freely within that roadblock area... before that annoying time out occurs with mission failed..

uhh what do you mean by 'remove the roadblock' ????? HOW DO I DO THAT? i thought a mission success is systematically after removing all the THREAT in the given area WTF

im gonna try it now again.. DOH!

i have reproduced this maybe 10 TIMES already, as i restarted the mission several times, i have destroyed that stupid tank with explosive charge and also with artillery strike, i then killed every enemy soldier and can walk freely within that roadblock area... before that annoying time out occurs with mission failed..

uhh what do you mean by 'remove the roadblock' ????? HOW DO I DO THAT? i thought a mission success is systematically after removing all the THREAT in the given area WTF

im gonna try it now again.. DOH!

Sorry that's my bad, "remove the roadblock" as in "remove the threats at the road block". I haven't played the mission for a while but I've never hit this issue before, I'll have a go at doing it myself this evening and see if I can get past it.

Sorry that's my bad, "remove the roadblock" as in "remove the threats at the road block". I haven't played the mission for a while but I've never hit this issue before, I'll have a go at doing it myself this evening and see if I can get past it.

ok, after reverting and starting over the mission, i have managed to finish it...

the thing is that not only you must eliminate all the enemy soldiers around that road block, but also you must make sure the other friendly AI units remains alive, -NOT the ones of your AI squad, but that OTHER AI squad with that sergeant or capt. whatever you started since the beginning of the mission , you must make sure they would reach that road block area in order to activate that 'mission success' trigger!

because in my case in that mission, i had all the AI killed , including that sergeant / captain! after i have cleared the area from the enemy soldiers, nobody left alive from that other AI squad to reach the stupid trigger zone.. and that's why the 'mission failure' timer was activated.

this is a MAJOR mission design FLAW compromising the SP gameplay experience, poorly created and botched up mission 'logics' with no alternative possibility! i can't believe as of v1.34.x this is not fixed, looks like since it is the SP aspect of the game so probably not that many of fucks are given about it.. where is the creative storyline and mission quality we had in ArmaI/II SP campaigns ???

Edited by Lightningstrike

because in my case in that mission, i had all the AI killed , including that sergeant / captain! after i have cleared the area from the enemy soldiers, nobody left alive from that other AI squad to reach the stupid trigger zone.. and that's why the 'mission failure' timer was activated.

Hello,

we weren't able to reproduce the problem. The AI leader is invincible by default and cannot be killed. Are you using any mods? The behavior could be caused by them. Also I would like to ask you to refrain from using rude language, it isn't helping anyone and might get you banned.

Thank you.

Same as Iceman, I can't reproduce that, played it last night and it actually seemed to go better as after destroying the tank(used my team mates Titan to hit it) the friendly convoy rolled up and did the work of clearing the roadblock for me, previously I've always had to do it myself.

Hello,

we weren't able to reproduce the problem. The AI leader is invincible by default and cannot be killed. Are you using any mods? The behavior could be caused by them. Also I would like to ask you to refrain from using rude language, it isn't helping anyone and might get you banned.

Thank you.

hi, i forgot to mention that i used arma3 totally VANILLA, latest/current mainbranch version v1.34.x (without any mods)

i was able to reproduce the 'bug' at least 10 times. if the AI leader is invincible, then it got simply stuck somewhere and could not reach the trigger zone of the roadblock before the timer ran out. as i said, the ending logic of this mission is not reliable and it works 1 out of 3 times for the single player..

Out of curiosity what method are you using to destroy the tank.