Sign in to follow this  
almanzo

Zeus and RTS:

well imagine if you switch to whatever unit you wanted... that would be fab!!

well imagine if you switch to whatever unit you wanted... that would be fab!!

It should be possible in arma. In my version of "woo" i can command and switch whatever unit on sp mode, but not in mp mode. So i think bis could make it avaible for zeus.

I'd actually still like to see the port, if only because right now "ZSC 32+2 Control Edessa" is closer to Conquest-with-Zeus-as-Commander than to 'true' RTS.

maybe it's just me but...

what is the meaning to "trasform" arma to an rts? If you prefer an rts then you should go for c&c

what is the meaning to "trasform" arma to an rts?

Realism/possibility to play in 1st person.

If you prefer an rts then you should go for c&c

Why?

I'd actually still like to see the port, if only because right now "ZSC 32+2 Control Edessa" is closer to Conquest-with-Zeus-as-Commander than to 'true' RTS.

you are commander in any rts... what you mean by "true rts"?

there some missing unit controls but game mod is not different from rts like

men of war

company of heroes

dawn of war 2

or they not rts any more?

Edited by CrazyBaron

you are commander in any rts... what you mean by "true rts"?

there some missing unit controls but game mod is not different from rts like

It's currently missing some key elements of RTS such as "all-AI" infantry transportation (read: mechanized infantry) without workarounds, though that could simply be due to the incomplete state of the Zeus implementation.

didn't read all the posts.. but as I said in the multiplayer area.. I would like to have the feature of "fog of war" Don't saying that the map would be filled of "fog" but I would like to see the option that the game master could not see the players in the map until his units (AI) would see us (the players). That way he would control better the AI, making it less computer thinking, so making us (the humans playing) a better experience.

Repeat.. I am not talking about the fx fog. Just make appear the enemy units to a game master, when his AI units sight us (and disappear again if those AI units lost us).

Of course this an an option (or game type mode). So if people don't like this option can turn it off.

Ofcouse you need to do some changes if you port woo to arma 3 , but it isnt huge job :)

If Mondkalb allow me to port "woo" to arma 3 , then i could send the "ported woo" to you.

He already gave permission.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?161275-MBG-WoO-Mod-port-for-Arma-3-wanna-give-it-an-attempt-with-me&p=2466173&viewfull=1#post2466173

Ooo yes! Can I have ported "woo"

English do speak not you then

English do speak not you then

what exactly do you mean?

the guy said if he had permission he could send the converted "WOO" mission over.

there is no need for that sarcastic comment.

Hi, can someone send me that ported windows of opportunity to arma 3 please?Im new to Arma scripting and I still don´t know how to port some mods to Arma 3.Thanks.

I am certainly looking forward to trying Zeus and seeing where it might take the game :)

Zeus is good but I want something little different.If someone have that ported window of opportunity mod to Arma 3 please send it to me.Thanks.

Hey guys I've been working on an original Arma 3 game mode using Zeus. It's a Zeus vs. Zeus with RTS elements. I have a dedicated server running the alpha right now (just getting the mission ready for Beta and community server hosting)

http://www.playdefiance.com

Hey guys I've been working on an original Arma 3 game mode using Zeus. It's a Zeus vs. Zeus with RTS elements. I have a dedicated server running the alpha right now (just getting the mission ready for Beta and community server hosting)

http://www.playdefiance.com

Definately going to check it out.