Sign in to follow this  
LtShadow

RealSound Sound Configuration - F18 by John and Saul -

Is this mod dependent on the FA18 mod by John Spartan and Saul? Or do we only need this mod for the modified FA18? I ask this because there's two versions of both the E and F variants.

PS: Love this sound mod so far. Totally revived me using it again. <3

Loved the Real Sounds LtShadow! Inside the cockpit is quite low (all vehicles in A3 have this violent decrease in volume inside but the FA18 had a lil louder sounder inside - which was annoying), which is a blessing, and outside it packs quite a roar... but your addon creates another class for the Superhornet ([@RS]), is it possible to make a replacement so all FA18 have your sounds? I have to spawn the @RS variant to have the Real Sounds, but I´d rather have them in all missions featuring the fighter...

cheers!

Is this mod dependent on the FA18 mod by John Spartan and Saul? Or do we only need this mod for the modified FA18? I ask this because there's two versions of both the E and F variants.

PS: Love this sound mod so far. Totally revived me using it again. <3

;2616288']Loved the Real Sounds LtShadow! Inside the cockpit is quite low (all vehicles in A3 have this violent decrease in volume inside but the FA18 had a lil louder sounder inside - which was annoying)' date=' which is a blessing, and outside it packs quite a roar... but your addon creates another class for the Superhornet ([@RS']), is it possible to make a replacement so all FA18 have your sounds? I have to spawn the @RS variant to have the Real Sounds, but I´d rather have them in all missions featuring the fighter...

cheers!

First off; Yes, you need to have downloaded and installed the FA-18 Super Hornet by John_Spartan and Saul from ArmAHolic.com featured in the download section. The E variant is the one I have been testing with (labeled [@RS] )

Second;

Thanks Corporal! I am still working on the cockpit sounds, and the start up sequences... The classes are seperatly defined so that I avoid copyright concerns with John and Saul, as it would over-write the pre-exsisting class names. I could contact him and see if I could rename it.

Thanks! :)

hey ltshadow just saw that John Spartan and Saul made a su flanker... any plans on adding some sounds to that beast?

My .RPT file is nothing but a mixture of these lines of code.

Cannot load sound 'js_jc_fa18_rs\sounds\rsext-jetair-wind1.wss'

Cannot load sound 'js_jc_fa18_rs\sounds\rsdistant.wss'

Hope this helps out in some way.

So, it's been a while; I was on vacation over the past weekend, after some needed low time.

I am picking back up the project, and am working on a few variable flyby scripts on the old F-18C model I once ported (without permission) to stage them for the final version!

WIP:

I will have a WIP video maybe by tomorrow. I have a lot of school work needed to get done also, so thank you for bearing with me! :)

As for missing sounds; Make sure you are running the program as admin, and make sure you are loading the correct addons! Dirky; No one else but you and another mate is having the issue, as reported. Can't put my finger on it. I will try and look into it, though!

Thank you guys!

Any chance of having the sounds effect the F18 mod classnames, instead of generating your own classnames please?

it would make your mod a lot more useful as a client side only sound mod.

I now even tried putting the files straight into the F-18 addon folder but still no sound and getting similar RPT errors.

So I've just tested this again, stable Arma3, no other mods than @RealSound installed via Play with Six and it's two dependancies: @CBA_A3 and @FA18_a3. @RealSound is an newer version than the release version.

Absolutely no sound after engine start, 1st or 3rd person, on ground, flying or fly-by.

Just downloaded the version off Six, labelled 1.1 and I'm getting no sound. Regular sound with the normal unit names and the ones dubbed @RS are just silent as the grave.
I downloaded the updated version off of Play WithSix and i no longer have the Event handle error but i still have absolutely no sound. Im using CBA and everything so i dont know what is causing this clash.

Could this be an issue with the Play with Six version only? Have other people reported this mod working?

There is no aircraft sound in your opening video to compare this to, but I and I'm certain a LOT of other people are really keen to hear something like this video:

feature=c4-overview

Just found the YouTube link off your front post, to this video below. Not as good fly-past sounds as the one above, imo.

feature=c4-overview
Any chance you can give me both of your arma 3 .rpf files (error logs) in your %appdata% under Local -- then ArmA 3. Also, try putting my .pbo in with the F-18 pbo.

Tried putting .pbo in the FA18 folder. Same results.

Report file full of:

Cannot load sound 'js_jc_fa18_rs\sounds\f18rsidle.wss'Cannot load sound 'js_jc_fa18_rs\sounds\rsenginehigh_exterior.wss'
Cannot load sound 'js_jc_fa18_rs\sounds\rsext-jetair-wind1.wss'
Cannot load sound 'js_jc_fa18_rs\sounds\rsdistant.wss'
Cannot load sound 'js_jc_fa18_rs\sounds\f18rsidle.wss'
Cannot load sound 'js_jc_fa18_rs\sounds\rsenginehigh_exterior.wss'
Cannot load sound 'js_jc_fa18_rs\sounds\rsext-jetair-wind1.wss

I've just gone to try a manual download from Armaholics, but their website is down at the moment. Will report back here if any different results.

Edited by zach72
formatting

I'm sorry you guys are having problems with the mod, I have not a clue why it wont work for some and for most it does. I am trying to get a few developers to help me with scripting some fly by sounds, as for the video with Kazmatt; he is part of the @RealSound team, the FA-18 in that video includes only the one sound file (the fly by sound you hear) and is from a GR4_Tornado. He is un-reachable for me as he is in Australia and I am here in the United States.

I can put up a manual link for now - update on main post.

Here is my other thread for the scripted events; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173131-Real-Sound-Configuration-Help-with-inits&p=2622708#post2622708

Thank you!

UPDATE: Ok, I've downloaded the Armaholics version, and I've got sounds. I've let PlayWithSix know that their version is faulty, and asked them to update it from Armaholics.

I have F18 sounds now with the @RW versions of the F18. Big improvement!

However: In-cockpit sounds, it's virtually silent. Fly-by sounds aren't as bone shakingly awesome as the one in Kazmatt's video too. Find a happy middle ground if you can get back in touch with him?

Again, is it possible to have this sound mod alter Sauls F18 instead of add new classnames please?

Hope you get the team together you need to get this working well, and move onto the A10C, F38B and SU35 for starters! :)

Thank you! :)

The cockpit sounds are currently WIP (Beta hehe).

Matt's version was a heavy wip and have tried (yet again) contacting him regarding this...

I made a new class name FOR the F-18 on purpose, so I did not violate copyright grounds... It would mean actually altering the class of the file, which is not what I intended to do.

I really hope someone can help me with the scripting aspect on this aircraft, please share that other link (here) with your scripting buddies!

Thank ya,

Tyler

Have you talked to John Spartan and Saul about help with the scripting? Or maybe send a PM to Lord JarHead who supplies JSRS sound for modders now. He may have some ideas?

Regarding the classnames, what copyright are you avoiding? If you have John and Saul's blessing to do a sound mod........Other sound mods (JSRS/SOS) replace default sounds of BIS, and when in conjunction with other mod creators, replaces their mod sounds too. (i.e. weapons)

That other thread asking for help isn't getting many views unforunately. You're probably best approaching suitable people through polite PM's or Skype groups.

Have you talked to John Spartan and Saul about help with the scripting? Or maybe send a PM to Lord JarHead who supplies JSRS sound for modders now. He may have some ideas?

Regarding the classnames, what copyright are you avoiding? If you have John and Saul's blessing to do a sound mod........Other sound mods (JSRS/SOS) replace default sounds of BIS, and when in conjunction with other mod creators, replaces their mod sounds too. (i.e. weapons)

That other thread asking for help isn't getting many views unforunately. You're probably best approaching suitable people through polite PM's or Skype groups.

You have a point there, but as I was looking through some of John's posts he doesn't seem to happy about me using the same variables unfortunately.

Also, I pm'd BigPickle to see if he could help with adding in a sound cone and some fly by scripts. :3 Now it's just the waiting game. If I don't get a good enough response from him, I will move onto Mr.Jarhead himself.

:)

NEW WORK IN PROGRESS UPDATE VIDEO!: Added a soundcone (thanks to Bigpickle for the help!) and started to edit things for the cockpit startup/external startup sounds.

I think it runs a lot better now, yeah?

Video:

Change log coming soon to armaholic.com

@ LtShadow

//this is important since we need to make sure that addon we are using is installed, so this is us defining required addons
requiredAddons[] = {};

This is the reason it doesnt work in PWS/for specific modlines.

You need to make sure your replacement is loaded AFTER that addon you modify.

;2626755']@ LtShadow

//this is important since we need to make sure that addon we are using is installed, so this is us defining required addons
requiredAddons[] = {};

This is the reason it doesnt work in PWS/for specific modlines.

You need to make sure your replacement is loaded AFTER that addon you modify.

Already changed it in recent update' date=' mate.

Thank you! ;)

Is there anyway you can shed light on this?

Thanks for sending us the update :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you Foxhound! Also, all others be advised there is a new release video coming today. :3

@LtShadow

I just DL your addon for the F18 and I noticed that your file is called "js_jc_fa18_rs" while the original F18 file is called "js_jc_fa18". Do we have to take off the "rs" and replace the original file or leave it as it is for the mod to work???

update v1.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@realsound.png

@ LtShadow;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

NEW WORK IN PROGRESS UPDATE VIDEO!: Added a soundcone (thanks to Bigpickle for the help!) and started to edit things for the cockpit startup/external startup sounds.

I think it runs a lot better now, yeah?

Video:

Change log coming soon to armaholic.com

THIS one sounds MUCH better! Almost there. ;) I've always thought the F14 mod for A2OA had the best "distant" sounds: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9624

Listen to the last half of this video. I love how you can hear the "turn and burn" of the one cycling in the distance, waiting for his wing man to catch up:

;2633320']@LtShadow

I just DL your addon for the F18 and I noticed that your file is called "js_jc_fa18_rs" while the original F18 file is called "js_jc_fa18". Do we have to take off the "rs" and replace the original file or leave it as it is for the mod to work???

Please create a seperate mod folder for my @RealSound configuration PBO files.

Create a new folder on your desktop called "@RealSound" without quotes, and another folder inside that called "addons" (without quotes). Place the "js_jc_fa18_rs" file in the addons folder of the new @RealSound folder you just created. Now, locate your arma 3 steam directory under ProgramFiles(x86) > Steam > SteamApps > Common > Arma 3 > and place the whole @RealSound folder here. Close out of the folder and start steam if you haven't done so yet. Right click ArmA 3 and select properties > start up options > and make sure you already have the @JS_JC_FA18 (or whatever folder you have it named as) mod line. Simply add this without quotes; "-mod=@RealSound" to the end of the text seen in the text box and close (or hit okay). You're now done!

Please note, I do not support PlayWithSix yet, because the files are compressed down and do not read correctly in game!

New video is coming in at 1700 Zulu EST

Oktyabr

Thank you, mate. I would like to thank the following folks for their wonderous help!

-Bigpickle from SpeedOfSound for the Cone config help

-Apilion from the HAFM for the cleanup and help with the scripts

-lime517 for the awesome new banner! :D

I will add a new update to the thread when the video is ready.

Thank you for your continued support, and remember to subscribe to my YouTube for more! :)

Best Regards,

Shadow

FA-18 sound replacement.

and you post a video showing off your mod but you have music in it and not the sound mod itself ... /facepalm

Don't you think having a video of your mod on the first page should be with your sounds so we can hear how it is ? or am i on some kind of hardcore drugs ?