kaelies

Kaelies' South Zagorian Army Mod

Hey, first of all great mod. Really love the variety. It's the best Unit mod if you play missions on different maps and need hostiles/allies suiting the environment.

I have a game-breaking problem though. I use JSRS 2.0 as a soundmod and im placing the Units via Zeus during the mission. The problem is that a really loud, annoying static noise comes up randomly and it's 100% because of the units. I tried to identify if a certain type of infantry unit or weapon causes that mod, but every unit in the mod can potentialy cause that noise and it appears totally randomly. Sometimes it helps to replace the units, but that fixes the noise problem only for a couple of minutes. any idea for this?

Thanks for the help!

Hey! Thanks for giving me impetus to form a BIStudio account and make my first post here.

I must say, the background color of Armaholic is less on the eyes :/.

First, I'd like to second filipbasara on my love for your mod specifically on account of the diversity and size.

But this can also be a downside, because since the last ArmA update I am suffering the same white noise issue which has rendered a good quantity of my custom missions unplayable for the time being.

Additionally, it seems that on any map (tested with no other mods, like the white noise issue) with Kae SZ units (tested so far Russian and South Zagorian, probably UN too) present, turning on an IR laser will result in the laser immediately turning off, and turning on a pistol mounted flashlight will result in the player holstering his sidearm and selecting his primary should he be equipped with one.

Could anyone confirm that my latter issue is related to this mod?

Best of luck, and thanks for your awesome work Kaelies! Especially loving the realistic creative license with sz variant AKs.

Hello!

I found a fix to the issues with the whitenoise, here's a quick hotfix download. Just grab the "Kae_SZ_weapon_snds" and put it into the mod folder, or grab the _jsrs version instead if you are using jsrs!

Also happened to fix a rather silly mistake which would make any AI firing a gun sound like it was firing an AK-74, so now you can actually tell what they're shooting by sound.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3izbseee10twrpd/sound_variants.7z

@ColonelHartigan

Thanks! Unfortunately, I couldn't replicate any issue with either the IR laser or flashlight, tested as both a NATO and CDF rifleman, with two Russian and two SZ units standing nearby. I also wasn't able to test the issue of holstering a pistol, as I don't know of any that exists in just vanilla arma.

Hotfix frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks Kae, I'll see if verifying my files or anything of the like fixes it. Thanks for your speedy fix on the white noise bug!

I don't know if this has been reported yet, but the default view of the UAZs is pretty bad. It's looking too much up and it's hard to see the road. It's okay if you adjust it downwards once you're in the car, but you'll have to do that everytime you enter and leave it.

Also have you thought about using LauncherReload instead of ReloadRPG? In that animation he atleast reloads it by putting a rocket in the muzzle.

Also have you thought about using LauncherReload instead of ReloadRPG? In that animation he atleast reloads it by putting a rocket in the muzzle.

that would be nice :)

I gave it a try and it doesn't seem to work for me, could that animation be added by another addon (AiA as my guess)? Would have been awesome if it did work though, but I'm not aware of any launcher reload anims in the game aside from the current one.

I do not run with AiA. I guess I should clarify when I say LauncherReload I mean the two animations sharing the shame prefix. LauncherReloadStand and LauncherReloadKneel. I'm pretty sure these are vanilla animations.

---------- Post added at 12:28 ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 ----------

I can confirm they're vanilla, because I had actually just launched the without mods by accident.

Hey Kaelies,

I just figured out that your mod makes the grenades of the German BWMod inoperable. I contacted them too, but do you have an idea for the origin of the problem?

Btw, inoperable means they are not recognized as grenades when you put them in your inventory, so you can't throw them.

Edit: Here's what they told me:

right definition:

class CfgWeapons {
 class GrenadeLauncher;

class Throw: GrenadeLauncher {
   muzzles[] += { Mod Grenades };
 };
};

wrong definition (like in your cfgWeapons.hpp):

class CfgWeapons {
 class GrenadeLauncher;

muzzles[] = { Vanilla-Grenades + Mod-Grenades };
 };
};

(The += Operator cannot be binarized, that's why it should go into an unbinarized separate *.pbo.)

I am not a modder, so I don't really know what that means :D But I know, that they put a grenade_fix.pbo in their modfolder which contains only a config.cpp with the following content:

class CfgPatches {
 class BWA3_Grenadefix {
   units[] = {};
   weapons[] = {};
   requiredVersion = 0.1;
   requiredAddons[] = {BWA3_Weapons};
 };
};

class CfgWeapons {
 class GrenadeLauncher;

muzzles[] += {"BWA3_DM51A1Muzzle","BWA3_DM25Muzzle","BWA3_DM32OrangeMuzzle","BWA3_DM32YellowMuzzle"};
 };
};

I hope you can fix this because we really don't want to delete your mod!

Edited by der_eismann

Also another note on animations, more nitpicky, but I thought I'd ask anyway. You don't have to change it , it's your mod after all and I guess maybe you're going for a different feel, but if you want to realistic, from what I can tell the standard grip is by the handguard and if you're prone you use the magazine grip.

I do not run with AiA. I guess I should clarify when I say LauncherReload I mean the two animations sharing the shame prefix. LauncherReloadStand and LauncherReloadKneel. I'm pretty sure these are vanilla animations.

---------- Post added at 12:28 ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 ----------

I can confirm they're vanilla, because I had actually just launched the without mods by accident.

Alright, I found out how to make it work, thanks. I even made it possible to reload while moving now, doesn't make sense to me to prohibit moving the legs while reloading.

Also another note on animations, more nitpicky, but I thought I'd ask anyway. You don't have to change it , it's your mod after all and I guess maybe you're going for a different feel, but if you want to realistic, from what I can tell the standard grip is by the handguard and if you're prone you use the magazine grip.

As far as I'm aware it isn't possible to change the hand animation based upon the position, though there are some things I'd love to do if it is indeed possible. For now though, sorry, it's not something I can do.

@der_eismann:

Thanks for the detailed report, that helped me get through the issues I had implementing that properly. It should be fixed for the next update. In the meantime, it may be possible to fix the issue by playing around with the load order for my addon and BWMod, until I can get an update out.

I have following problems inside editor

When i try to insert unit I get " Picture \kae_sz_factions\data\icon_us_co.paa not found" pop up message

I also cannot access United States {modern} unit

I get "No entry 'bin\config.bin\CtgVehicleClasses.kae_Men_USMC_W'' instead.

I downloaded the mod through withSIX twice but the problems still persist. Can someone point me to the solution?

EDIT:

It appears using the dl link from this thread solves my issues.

I guess there is something wrong with the version host on withSix

Edited by swashia

Last update from arma3 has stopped all sounds in this mod(like so many others) to stop working.Incase anyones wondering.

I already updated the configs, Kaelies has 'em, only a matter of time :)

Hello,

While there are a few things which still do not have sounds (AA launchers, missiles on helicopters and vehicles), this hotfix should fix up the majority of sounds for the new bootcamp update:

Download via Google Drive

Download via Mediafire

Thanks to LAxemann for sending me the fixed configs :D It also includes a new optional config to equip soldiers with medical supplies for CSM, though that is somewhat WIP.

Installation for the sound fix:

No JSRS:

Copy "kae_sz_air_snds_new.pbo", "kae_sz_weapons_snds.pbo", and associated .bisigns into the "addons" folder of your @kae_SZ installation.

JSRS:

Copy "kae_sz_air_snds_new_JSRS.pbo", "kae_sz_weapons_snds_JSRS.pbo", and associated .bisigns into the "addons" folder of your @kae_SZ installation.

---

In regards to an actual update, I still have some half-finished things and I haven't been working much on it recently, unfortunately. It'll probably be a while longer before I can do an update.

Hello,

While there are a few things which still do not have sounds (AA launchers, missiles on helicopters and vehicles), this hotfix should fix up the majority of sounds for the new bootcamp update:

Download via Google Drive

Download via Mediafire

Thanks to LAxemann for sending me the fixed configs :D It also includes a new optional config to equip soldiers with medical supplies for CSM, though that is somewhat WIP.

Installation for the sound fix:

No JSRS:

Copy "kae_sz_air_snds_new.pbo", "kae_sz_weapons_snds.pbo", and associated .bisigns into the "addons" folder of your @kae_SZ installation.

JSRS:

Copy "kae_sz_air_snds_new_JSRS.pbo", "kae_sz_weapons_snds_JSRS.pbo", and associated .bisigns into the "addons" folder of your @kae_SZ installation.

---

In regards to an actual update, I still have some half-finished things and I haven't been working much on it recently, unfortunately. It'll probably be a while longer before I can do an update.

Thanks for updating.

In regards the helo sounds.Is it just the missiles with o sounds?Are the HE main ammo got sounds?I live to fly these things :)

Hotfix frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

0.4.1.2 Download at Six doesn't work for me, nothing happens.

@Kaelies: What is kae_SZ_infantry_cse.pbo for? The CSM config you mentioned?

Some how i can't join my own sever because of this

bin\config.bin/CfgPatches.kae_sz_infantry

even i don't have that, can anyone let me know what is making this?

The lastest version actaully causes Hk416 to be missing in USMC faction.

Does the bootcamp patch break 3rd party radio protocols? The chatter is now in Farsi.