Sign in to follow this  
LykosMactire

N-B U.S.M.C Project

that would be the ArmA 2 flight model, which he claims isnt there, but thats one of the effects the a2 flight model has in A3

Yeah I've been studying the different configs from A3 heli mods to see where the difference is. It appears Aplion and Geraldbolso1899 were able to make their versions of A2 models stop sliding around. I'm guessing it's a question of a piece of code snippet which needs to be added, and then everything is good.

I've tried looking at it, but have yet to figure out the exact combination between the original config, and that of Aplion and Geraldbolso1899

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 19:34 ----------

I've managed to do a quick fix of the flightmodel. Big thanks to Geraldbolso1899 for the pointers.

It's a quick fix, and there's probably more to be done, but now the flightmodel is changed, and the flight config is based on IRL specs from the HH-60G.

I sent the updated config to AtinAkiri.

Yeah I've been studying the different configs from A3 heli mods to see where the difference is. It appears Aplion and Geraldbolso1899 were able to make their versions of A2 models stop sliding around. I'm guessing it's a question of a piece of code snippet which needs to be added, and then everything is good.

I've tried looking at it, but have yet to figure out the exact combination between the original config, and that of Aplion and Geraldbolso1899

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 19:34 ----------

I've managed to do a quick fix of the flightmodel. Big thanks to Geraldbolso1899 for the pointers.

It's a quick fix, and there's probably more to be done, but now the flightmodel is changed, and the flight config is based on IRL specs from the HH-60G.

I sent the updated config to AtinAkiri.

ok thanks for the assistance (i've dogged him about this earlier and he said it wasnt on his game, BS more like it)

Aloha came here to ask you if I may please borrow/use the model of this helmet?

aAATsD.jpg

"USAF_Helmet" I assume is the helmet p3d. I am making a unit addon for the Blufor faction. 75th Rangers 2007-2010 era. At first I wanted to make this for myself but than again I thought I'd just share it with the community.

this is an image of what I'm trying to achieve

Ranger3-1.jpg?t=1270783533

That's what I am aiming for right now, to use the model so I can implement it into my config so that it can show up on the unit. I hopefully assume the only reason the helmet doesn't showup on my units head is because the model is binarized? This is my 1st addon ever for Arma, been at it for a couple of days now trying to figure out how to make my own addon unit using other peoples configs that they shared. Anyways I just wanted to ask for your permission if I could use this model. I've retextured before, this is my only mod I've ever done http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?528665-47th-s-Preu%DFischen-Einheiten-Mod. That was some hard work retexturing all those uniforms, sadly I never finished because it took too much time and I had to concentrate on other things. Will anxiously wait for your reply, rest easy.

sorry to post here buuuuuut lol I patiently wrote you a private message and got this error

The following errors occurred with your submission
AngelWingGamingJacob has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

---------- Post added at 12:01 ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 ----------

pictures are so big, apologies.......

Edited by Hawaii_Based

Sure thing mate, shoot me a PM and we can discuss the terms and conditions so nothing goes awry in the future.

we are preparing for a new update for this mod including a new desert marpat texture, along with movement of flags to match the dev build 10608340_851486144862833_7263194178079436562_o.jpg

looks great....about me using the helmet model though?

sorry its taking so long, school started back up for atin and hes the one with the source files, he'll get to you asap

sorry its taking so long, school started back up for atin and hes the one with the source files, he'll get to you asap

Hey brother that's no problem, appreciate the heads up you do what you gotta do. I'll be here.

Well, I thought this mod was dead when I saw the last updated was 2 Months ago, but reading the thread I see this ain't true.

For the next update, are you going to fix the USAF Uniforms being invisible?

Well, I thought this mod was dead when I saw the last updated was 2 Months ago, but reading the thread I see this ain't true.

For the next update, are you going to fix the USAF Uniforms being invisible?

yes, along with new content (Ie. M4s made by nunez, Hopefully a seahawk, and maybe, if we can understand physx, LAVs, M1A1s, and AAVPs)

yes, along with new content (Ie. M4s made by nunez, Hopefully a seahawk, and maybe, if we can understand physx, LAVs, M1A1s, and AAVPs)

Oh that sounds awesome!

Until now I used massi's USMC mod, but then I discovered this, WAY better!

Please continue work :)

Oh that sounds awesome!

Until now I used massi's USMC mod, but then I discovered this, WAY better!

Please continue work :)

thanks, we gotta full plate, we are aiming to release our ACR, get this updated, release US army, BAF, Chernarussian Army, and our project "atlantic Rock" all in the meantime doing our part for the Eridanus Insurrection

thanks, we gotta full plate, we are aiming to release our ACR, get this updated, release US army, BAF, Chernarussian Army, and our project "atlantic Rock" all in the meantime doing our part for the Eridanus Insurrection

Wow, that is a lot you are working on :D

Do all of these Projects have threads?

Wow, that is a lot you are working on :D

Do all of these Projects have threads?

a few, ACR, US army, Baf, and CHARMY

Most have threads; Once I get my schedule hammered out abit more I'll be updating regularly again.

Seems to be a lack of machinegunners and autoriflemen with this mod, otherwise it's pretty cool.

that'll possibly be in the next update

Jacob, can you send me the update on steam again so I can be sure to have the newer texture files?

Expect an update SOON. I have the next few days off of work and will be working on the USMC and US Army

Yay, hope to see yours IAR finally functional, the model was pretty good, just the config and shadows mess that had it broken ;D (could acess the IAR through MCC and VAS)

cheers!

the IAR was unintentionally left in. For this update I am likely to remove all MARSOC and Force Recon to decrease the size, and include them as optional downloads (Separate!) As some people only want one or another, and rather than add the mass I would rather you decide what you want. Weapons will be included in their own pack as well to decrease the file size. If your against the weapons being standalone, please voice it now.

Edit: IAR will be updated for the Rifleman (AR) though it will be a WIP still.

---------- Post added at 16:17 ---------- Previous post was at 16:11 ----------

Planned features for next update (Release Date: TBD)

Vehicles: USMC Humvee's (All USMC From ArmA 2, meaning M2's and TOWs in Desert and Woodland)

UH-1Y

Weapons: IAR

M4A1

More maybe added, as this is just what came to mind in 5 seconds. Request items here and I will see what I can do.

Edited by AtinAkiri
IAR Info.

i, as Co-Owner of NB projects deny nunez' claim to separate downloads as our original intentions was to NOT have a pack like Massi in which theres downloads for things that should BY DEFAULT be in

What y'all need to do is clean up your config so we don't have a dozen BLUFOR factions for Marines (Woodland) and Marines (Desert.)

Just lump them into a giant Marines faction and have Men (Woodland), Force Recon (Woodland), etc. So much easier, less bloat.

What y'all need to do is clean up your config so we don't have a dozen BLUFOR factions for Marines (Woodland) and Marines (Desert.)

Just lump them into a giant Marines faction and have Men (Woodland), Force Recon (Woodland), etc. So much easier, less bloat.

exactly what i was going to tell him, have it kinda like how BI did nato

BLUFOR

-USMC

--USMC (wood)

---Ground

---Air

---Infantry

---MARSOC

---Force Recon

--USMC (Desert)

---Ground

---Air

---Infantry

---MARSOC

---Force Recon

--USMC (Winter)

---Ground

---Air

---Infantry

---MARSOC

---Force Recon

and so on

---------- Post added at 02:02 ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 ----------

Some current progress on my end is:

-working on porting A2 Vest

-redoing the uniforms for MARSOC, FR, UN (new Vest), and basic Marines.

-New Oshkosh MATV and HEMTT textures

Each mod will have the weapons within, the Weapon pack would be a Standalone for people simply wanting the weapons and not the units. The MARSOC And FR Will be seperated as Many USMC units have only wanted one or the other in the pack. They will have 1 Download including EVERYTHING for ease of downloading.