fabrizio_t

[OPEN BETA] [SP] bCombat infantry AI Mod

How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?

• Way too low
    • A bit low
    • Almost fine
    • A bit high
    • Way too high

Thanks for informing us about the updated version mate :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I have the feeling that the enemys can stand more bullets, maybe its a feeling but a CSAT Soldier was still running after 6Hits with the new M85Ammo, and an other survived 4 Bullets from a M14 (clear hits at ~300meter, good to see due BloodMist mod)

Sorry if it was asked, but are you plan to add AI to use RPG vs helicopters? (for units like Aggresors)

This sounds interesting.

By the description you gave issue looks indeed spotDistance related.

Would you mind to make a couple quick changes and test back for differences?

1) open bcombat_config.hpp and change

spotDistance[] = {0,0.1,1,0.3}; 

to:

spotDistance[] = {0,0.2,1,0.6};

2) open loop.sqf and change line 79 from:

_unit setskill [ "SpotDistance", ( _unit getVariable [ "bcombat_skill_sd", 0] ) * 2 * ( [_unit] call bcombat_fnc_visibility_multiplier ) ];

to:

_unit setskill [ "SpotDistance", ( _unit getVariable [ "bcombat_skill_sd", 0] ) * 1 * ( [_unit] call bcombat_fnc_visibility_multiplier ) ];

This rolls-back spotDistance handling to pre v0.16RC1 state.

Let me know if you see any sensible differences, other changes were factored in.

I changed those numbers and ran another test. I didn't notice a difference. Maybe a change was made in the game itself.

I changed those numbers and ran another test. I didn't notice a difference. Maybe a change was made in the game itself.

Possible, skill settings have been readjusted by BIS.

Please do a last check, change within "lib/common.sqf" line 1219:

( _maxdist * ( 1 - ( fog ^ 2 ) / 2 ) * ( skill _unit ^ 0.5 ) ) max 0.1

to just:

This excludes any enhanced visibility calculations introduced with RC1.

Any changes? If not then i guess that's something introduced by BIS.

---------- Post added at 00:06 ---------- Previous post was at 00:00 ----------

Sorry if it was asked, but are you plan to add AI to use RPG vs helicopters? (for units like Aggresors)

Not excluded.

At the moment units already return fire on Helis.

---------- Post added at 00:07 ---------- Previous post was at 00:06 ----------

I have the feeling that the enemys can stand more bullets, maybe its a feeling but a CSAT Soldier was still running after 6Hits with the new M85Ammo, and an other survived 4 Bullets from a M14 (clear hits at ~300meter, good to see due BloodMist mod)

That's something i noticed too and i greatly dislike.

By the way, is respawn working on WLA for you?

---------- Post added at 00:12 ---------- Previous post was at 00:07 ----------

Back playing the campaign (Adapt) ...

Edited by fabrizio_T

They're VERY accurate with 40 mike mike now... alarmingly so :)

@fabrizio_T: I changed all those parameters, and that increased spot distance by about 30m (i.e., 15m per group). Here's a screen shot that illustrates the difference. The yellow arrow on the left is where BLUFOR spots OPFOR when I change all the settings you posted. The arrow on the right (where the BLUFOR leader is crouching) is where BLUFOR spots OPFOR on default 0.16RC2 settings.

Fabrizio,in regards the ai spotting distance,after testing today,i noticed that an AI group only noticed me(lone player) at 200 meters,but they notice an enemy squad at 3times that distance.Is that vanilla ai behaviour?or part of bcombat?

I tested this on a runway with perfect LOS.

Also,would like to add,the recent update seems to have improved performance dramatically,in molos,altis, 32 vs 32 infantry in cqb,i normally would have massive lag.Now it was extremely playable,many thanks for the changes.

Might i add a suggestion for future maybe?

I notice allot of people have fps issues,and when using bcombat it becomes more apparent.(a small price to pay for good even human like AI)

One thing that bogs down fps more than most things is particales ie. smoke grenades.Now alota people run with blastcore mod,which enhances those particles.In the previous mentioned test i did in molos town,there was smoke EVERYWHERE,could never see a thing.I know you have anoption in sqf to disable smoke throwing,but vanilla behaviour overiddes as iv stated.You were able to remove nvgs from everyone(thanks for that also) would it be possible to remove smoke grenades entirely too,or limit them to squad leaders?

This could greatly help alot of people who care little for smoke grenades when their game can barely run when using bcombat(or vanilla for that matter) It could be a good option to implement.Personally i think if there was a way to limit smoke grenades to group leaders,you can still have smoke but not so much.Group leader dies-next in command has option of then using his.

Do you think it possible?

Absolutely NOTHING wrong with the smoke grenades ... this behaviour is exactly what you would expect. If people don't have powerful enough machines to run Blastcore, but decide to do so, then it is their fault, not Fab's!

Also never noticed ANY fps slowdown at all, and I routinely run >250 AI.

So I completely disagree with almost everything you have said redarmy. Regarding the single vs group spotting, again this is to be expected.

Absolutely NOTHING wrong with the smoke grenades ... this behaviour is exactly what you would expect. If people don't have powerful enough machines to run Blastcore, but decide to do so, then it is their fault, not Fab's!

So I completely disagree with almost everything you have said redarmy. Regarding the single vs group spotting, again this is to be expected.

250ai? in the same place at same time in combat? my rig would blow up,and its not exactly a bad rig either.

Besides,its just a suggestion,nothing wrong with having more options for people who do not own NASA computers.

It could enable others who have had to turn the radar features of bcombat back on if they could lessen the smoke.

Point taken however,and i have considered disabling blastcore

250 AI fighting at the same time in same AO? what fps do you get on what cpu? :-). My cpu lags a lot with around 80 AIs fighting at the same time (around 30 fps). That said, Thank god for ALIVE mod :-D. More options is always a good thing, so everyone can customize his experience to his needs.

Now you definitely need to post your specs. Didn't believe this was possible, especially since Arma never takes advantage of the most advanced hardware.

Now you definitely need to post your specs. Didn't believe this was possible, especially since Arma never takes advantage of the most advanced hardware.

Basically, no matter how your powerful machine is ARMA doesn't give a crap :).

I run a dedi server with the new PERF exe ... server sits around 40FPS.

Recently BIS has put a lot of effort into optimisation.

Recently BIS has put a lot of effort into optimisation.

IM curious now,can you tell me what is PERF EXE. ? Can it be used offline sp like fps backround booster or something?

Always read every other thread on these forums ... lots of goodies!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169944-Arma-3-STABLE-server-1-12-quot-performance-binary-quot-feedback

This is the place you will find latest performance binaries. Use them, love them, help BIS make them even better !

I that same subforum you will find one of LargeAddressAware ... check that out too.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169944-Arma-3-STABLE-server-1-12-quot-performance-binary-quot-feedback

This is the place you will find latest performance binaries. Use them, love them, help BIS make them even better !

I that same subforum you will find one of LargeAddressAware ... check that out too.

Nice one! will check it out.

Yes new custom allocator helps a bit, I ve been using it for about a week now :-). But those performance binaries are only server kind of thing, right? No way how to utilize it in SP? Because I'm sp player. Occasionally a coop session but that's it :-)

Yes new custom allocator helps a bit, I ve been using it for about a week now :-). But those performance binaries are only server kind of thing, right? No way how to utilize it in SP? Because I'm sp player. Occasionally a coop session but that's it :-)

kanesvk,can i ask,how do you install that custom allocator dll thing?Im a little hesitant to even download as i get a warning it could mess up my pc,and i know next to nothing tech wise.Is it as simple as downlaoding,and placing it in Arma3 directory and adding line to launch paramater?

Like you i only play sp,and only need the fps increase for that.

Apoligies for going off topic.Didnt realise where i was :)

Edited by redarmy

redarmy, im sending you a personal message, so we dont go offtopic in here :)

I always imagined having a dedicated server would drastically improve performance, but what is it with this PERF exe?

The PERF binary is a testing .exe that is released to server admins usually available through the Dedicated Server Skype channel. It usually includes fixes, etc for MP that are tested before being released in an update.

That's something i noticed too and i greatly dislike.

By the way, is respawn working on WLA for you?

I dont know i´ve exit the game after saw how many bullets the enemy can stand now. 5 bullets into chest of 7.62mm and still running. Thats a "no-go" for me

I dont know i´ve exit the game after saw how many bullets the enemy can stand now. 5 bullets into chest of 7.62mm and still running. Thats a "no-go" for me

I can't find it, but there's a mod that changes how much damage bullets do.

I know the mod is tagged as SP mod but since I've read several times that it's working in MP quite well I thought I give it a try. Sadly, if the mod is loaded by the dedicated server, it throws you back to the mission selection screen just after loading, before entering the briefing screen. It throws some errors about not finding @bcombat\unit.sqf. The file is there and everything else too. Since it's the Linux dedicated server there might be something funky going on with the paths. Especially back-slash versus forward-slash. Just wanted to drop that here. :)