fabrizio_t

[OPEN BETA] [SP] bCombat infantry AI Mod

How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?

• Way too low
    • A bit low
    • Almost fine
    • A bit high
    • Way too high

Looks like they are trying to get Vanilla Supression back into the game

Originally Posted by oukej

DATA

•Added: New danger cause (dcbulletClose) to danger.fsm

ENGINE

•Added: Detection of bullets flying close to unit

Looks like they are trying to get Vanilla Supression back into the game

Originally Posted by oukej

DATA

•Added: New danger cause (dcbulletClose) to danger.fsm

ENGINE

•Added: Detection of bullets flying close to unit

They took their time ...

However, that's good news.

Nope. With Six version is borked. Still 0.17 despite claiming to be 0.18 and screams for bcombat.sqf until you make a copy it's folder in the steam arma folder. Also starts in debug with balls over heads of everything etc.

Currently if you want to play 0.18 with SIX you have to download the armaholic one and make a copy of the folder in the steam Arma folder and library files arma folder as usual. Then just play without updating on WithSIX. Hope the author corrects this for SIX as it's quite annoying.

Would probably use the default launcher but the ,mod,mod,mod is much more annoying and creating a single singleplayer mod folder dosen't seem to work as theres always that special snowflake mod who hates it.

I have tried to follow your steps but without luck, here is what I did.

1)Uninstalled Bcombat from PW6

2)Download Bcombat from Armaholic

3)Unzipped and placed @bcombat inside of my PW6 Folder AND my Steam ArmA III folder (I also took the lib folder from within @bcombat and put this inside the ArmA III folder)

4)Open PW6, select Bcombat from the Local section

This is where it messes up, PW6 still wants me to install the mod and wont recognize that I have it locally and I cannot find a way to bypass this.

Where did i go wrong?

Thanks.

I have tried to follow your steps but without luck, here is what I did.

1)Uninstalled Bcombat from PW6

2)Download Bcombat from Armaholic

3)Unzipped and placed @bcombat inside of my PW6 Folder AND my Steam ArmA III folder (I also took the lib folder from within @bcombat and put this inside the ArmA III folder)

4)Open PW6, select Bcombat from the Local section

This is where it messes up, PW6 still wants me to install the mod and wont recognize that I have it locally and I cannot find a way to bypass this.

Where did i go wrong?

Thanks.

Can you launch the game without updating bcombat in PW6? If yes then enable bcombat in the game configuration menu instead. I don't use PW6 so not sure if that's the best way but should at least be able to play on 0.18.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

If bcombat is part of my collection (mods selected to be launched) then it wont allow me, no.

What about the little menu button next to the Launch / Install button? When I click mine, it has an option to play without updating. Does this help? I don't use Play with Six for launching, prefer Arma 3 Sync for that, so I haven't tested this.

Hey!

I tried out Bcombat today but getting a error? Other way it looks like it works fine. Uploading a picture.

http://i.imgur.com/rZ0IOcc.jpg (270 kB)

It's due to the changes made to ArmA3 BETA builds within the last 3-4 days ...

Issue does not affect stable ArmA3 build.

I'm looking into it.

Lazy sods...... Suppose muggins will have to do it as usual. Won't be listening to ANY complaints about out of date mods from people who can't be arsed to help themselves.

(not directed at you Fab - but those that can't be bothered to understand how PW6 works)

SJ

Okey Nice Fabrizio_t. Then theres no "real" problem :D Keep up the work.

Good news.

I'm testing an updated version, which fixes this issue and allows to hook the brand new close-bullet detection introduced by BIS.

If that's proved working it may definetely help framerate and render bDetect obsolete.

Excellent ... looking forward to the new version :) .... any time you are ready ;)

I'm getting an error "script @bcombat\bcombat.sqf not found" but when i go into my folder the file is actually there? All installed with six and havent touched anything at all..

Good news.

I'm testing an updated version, which fixes this issue and allows to hook the brand new close-bullet detection introduced by BIS.

If that's proved working it may definetely help framerate and render bDetect obsolete.

This is really exciting news. Engine level suppression is one of the things that many of us have wanted for years.

<---- is scanning the GIT for the newest version :)

Nothing released for the moment.

BIS own engine based bullet detection is working fine within internal bCombat test build. That's good.

A newly introduced setting will allow switching between bDetect and BIS native ballistics check:

bcombat_ballistics_native_handler = false;

Setting it to true will activate BIS engine based close-bullet detection (shutting down bDetect).

Default will be false: This way we won't lose backward compatibility.

I'm still testing some other features, namely some logic constraining AI units to assigned tasks.

More to come.

Edited by fabrizio_T

Try the old fashioned way (ie not PwS) and things will be absolutely fine !

Ok, thanks.

Edit: deleted it, downloaded it from the op link and the same thing is popping up.

Edited by AVFC

I've just finished a long playtesting session on v.0.18 release candidate.

3 major improvements are coming with this version:

• Ability to choose between bDetect and BIS native close-bullet detection ( i hope the latter will finally render bDetect obsolete )
  • Better fulfilling of tasks: units are prioritizing way more their assigned tasks, especially MOVE tasks and special actions.
  • Dynamic teamplay: units are now able to dynamically merge / split teams: given their task, reciprocal position and planned destination they are now able to choose whether to go alone, or in teams.

I'm particularly proud of the latter feature.

More fine-tuning needed, in order to flawlessly "integrate" investigate behaviour into the new logic.

---------- Post added at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:04 ----------

Ok, thanks.

Edit: deleted it, downloaded it from the op link and the same thing is popping up.

Please doubleheck installation instructions: https://github.com/fabrizioT/bCombat

Be sure there are no old leftovers before reinstalling.

In my opinion, it's likely you're not installing bCombat into ArmA3 main folder, or bCombat folder is not named as expected.

Let me know if issue persists.

I've just finished a long playtesting session on v.0.18 release candidate.

3 major improvements are coming with this version:

• Ability to choose between bDetect and BIS native close-bullet detection ( i hope the latter will finally render bDetect obsolete )
  • Better fulfilling of tasks: units are prioritizing way more their assigned tasks, especially MOVE tasks and special actions.
  • Dynamic teamplay: units are now able to dynamically merge / split teams: given their task, reciprocal position and planned destination they are now able to choose whether to go alone, or in teams.

I'm particularly proud of the latter feature.

More fine-tuning needed, in order to flawlessly "integrate" investigate behaviour into the new logic.

---------- Post added at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:04 ----------

Please doubleheck installation instructions: https://github.com/fabrizioT/bCombat

Be sure there are no old leftovers before reinstalling.

In my opinion, it's likely you're not installing bCombat into ArmA3 main folder, or bCombat folder is not named as expected.

Let me know if issue persists.

WOW thats great , any news on the AI support call?