fabrizio_t

[OPEN BETA] [SP] bCombat infantry AI Mod

How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?

• Way too low
    • A bit low
    • Almost fine
    • A bit high
    • Way too high

Performance tests anyone? I mean bCombat vs vanilla fps.

Try it and let us know :) Seriously, how long does it take for anyone to do it ? Use a launcher ... 2 secs to click on/off bCombat and run a test mission. Laziness.

Ya know, im Polish lazy bitch x)

Hehe just kidding mate ... haven't noticed a significant drop.

Sorry if this has already been asked (100+ pages is too many to check) but why do I have enemies dropping their whole kit on the floor around them when they die? This is happening for me in a scenario I made with no fancy scripting or anything.

*Edit: actually I think I know what happened. I executed a bunch of people who surrendered... so they probably dropped their gear to surrender, right?

Edited by owmyeye

With surrendering on, I noticed bcombat was making AI soldiers drop their weapon and surrender way too often. In a single firefight, 3 out of 8 of my AI group surrendered/dropped weapon and just stood there, and one of the enemies surrendered. I was really impressed when I say the first guy surrender, but after the second or third guy it gets a little crazy.

With surrendering on, I noticed bcombat was making AI soldiers drop their weapon and surrender way too often. In a single firefight, 3 out of 8 of my AI group surrendered/dropped weapon and just stood there, and one of the enemies surrendered. I was really impressed when I say the first guy surrender, but after the second or third guy it gets a little crazy.

I saw it mentioned some pages back that the surrender function is 'broken' after recent Vanilla updates which have changed the amount of times a unit spots a target. Until it gets updated, I decided to disable it in the config.sqf (change true to false where it says surrender).

OK new question guys: How do I make use of towers in the editor with this AI mod? As in, how do I stop the AI from ducking down and not seeing the enemy? I have tried putting " this setunitpos "up" " in the unit's init, but that doesn't seem to work. I'm guessing this AI mod is over-riding the command or something.

this is by far the best AI mod for arma 3 i have ever seen ( tried most of the AI mods out there ) there is simply no competition with any AI mod available for arma 3 it may have some impact on the performance while theres more than 100 AI's also some times and this is a FEEDBACK AI sometimes or most of the time stop responding or stop fighting not all of them but many of them but you can deal with it , anyway i made some changes to the config.cpp for longer firefight ( affect performance ) ... normal firefight will take more than 10-20 minutes to simulate real battles and fire fights .

class CfgPatches

{

class bcombat

{

units[] = { };

weapons[] = { };

requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Characters_F", "CBA_Extended_EventHandlers"};

version = "0.17";

versionStr = "0.17";

versionDesc= "bCombat | infantry AI mod";

versionAr[] = {0,17,0};

author[] = {"fabrizio_T"};

};

};

class Extended_PostInit_EventHandlers {

class bcombat {

clientInit = "call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers '\@bcombat\bcombat.sqf'";

};

};

class CfgVehicles

{

class Land;

class Man: Land{};

class CAManBase: Man

{

fsmDanger = "@bcombat\fsm\danger.fsm";

};

};

class CfgAISkill

{

aimingAccuracy[] = {0,0.02,1,0.1};

aimingShake[] = {0,0.08,3,2};

aimingSpeed[] = {0,0.3,1,2};

endurance[] = {0,0,4,4};

spotDistance[] = {0,0.2,2,0.3};

spotTime[] = {0,0.05,1,1};

courage[] = {0,12,19,13};

reloadSpeed[] = {0,0.2,1,1};

commanding[] = {0,0.98,12,12};

general[] = {0,0.08,2,1};

};

//#include "\userconfig\bcombat\bcombat_config.hpp"

@fabrizio thanks for this amazing addon i want to ask is it possible to make AI using building and call for Air ( CAS ) - artys - mortars during a battle and using static weapons while they are empty or pre-placed via zeus or editor? or will you include these features in your next update?

edit 2 : how can i make AI uses RPGs and tank shells against infantry? please someone help me :)

cheers

Edited by cholo

i have a little problem with tis mod.when it is running in singleplayer scenarios it removes all NV goggles!I have none and enemy/friendly AI hove none.i have to reequip them using VAS or MCC arsenal but it kinda screws things cos enemies have none either.any ideas?

i have a little problem with tis mod.when it is running in singleplayer scenarios it removes all NV goggles!I have none and enemy/friendly AI hove none.i have to reequip them using VAS or MCC arsenal but it kinda screws things cos enemies have none either.any ideas?

Config.sqf inside the bcombat folder, one of the last options in there is for removing NVGs. Just set it to false.

Config.sqf inside the bcombat folder, one of the last options in there is for removing NVGs. Just set it to false.

Does it have a similar feature to what Robalo put into ASR_AI, where AI put their NVG in their inventory during the day and automatically equip them at night? I thought that was a snazzy little feature.

Thanks!I'll check that out.the NVG's are not in inventory.this mod is amazing!to see AI running ahead and clearing streets/buildings instead of just getting shot brought a tear of joy to my eye.(thanks for the quick response)p.s i've never edited config before-do i just delete the word true and write false?

Edited by ineptaphid

Does it have a similar feature to what Robalo put into ASR_AI, where AI put their NVG in their inventory during the day and automatically equip them at night? I thought that was a snazzy little feature.

No, I really hope that fabrizio continues to develop this mod, for example with adjustable spotting skill values for AI at nightime.

i set NVGs to false but nothing changed-i have them if mission starts in a vehicle but once i step out they disappear

No, I really hope that fabrizio continues to develop this mod, for example with adjustable spotting skill values for AI at nightime.

Well, it certainly doesn't help when BI changes things that a mod relies on. Not that there is any way around it, but while he could be working on new features, he instead has to spend time redoing things just to get the mod back to where it was.

I definitely want to try this out once the morale adjustments are finished and compare to ASR. I like the varied AI skill and adjustments ASR makes depending on the unit and environment, AI launchers vs. infantry, etc... It's all much better than Vanilla, but I'm still craving for more dynamic movement and behavior, and it looks like that's what Fabrizio focuses on more.

Oh I dont know...I just can't fix this-maybe i'll try ASR_AI instead..

Doesn't anyone know how to make the AI stay standing while using BCombat?

I can't be the first person who has tried to make a scenario with sentry's in the military post towers or men standing in the window of a building. Someone please tell me how to fix this.

Place Object Modifier (or whatever it's called) module in editor, set the stance option to "Standing" and sync the module to the unit.

Oh I dont know...I just can't fix this-maybe i'll try ASR_AI instead..

Do you have -noFilePatching as part of your Arma start up parameters? If yes, the Config.sqf (or other files outside the pbo) will not be read.

By the way, don't give up on this great AI mod. You don't know what you miss. :p

Edited by TuffShitSki

i dont want to give up on this-it is THE BEST AI mod I've ever used.sorry for all the questions.Is that a setting in the launcher?like where nosplash etc is ?actually i just checked.noFile patching is not turned on so thats not the problem.any other suggestions?did I change the config correctly?I just opened it in notepad and replaced the word true; with false;.Ive never edited config before.thanks again for indulging my noobish questions

Edited by ineptaphid

i dont want to give up on this-it is THE BEST AI mod I've ever used.sorry for all the questions.Is that a setting in the launcher?like where nosplash etc is ?actually i just checked.noFile patching is not turned on so thats not the problem.any other suggestions?did I change the config correctly?I just opened it in notepad and replaced the word true; with false;.Ive never edited config before.thanks again for indulging my noobish questions

Yeah that's the setting from the launcher but doesn't look like the parameter is set.

Other way can check if the config.sql is being read is to turn debug on bcombat_dev_mode = true. If you edit the sql file correctly and it's being read, you will see those color balloons on top of AI's heads. Can't really think of anything else at the moment.

ok thanks-?also maybe i should re-download form armaholic instead of PWS.anyway I'll keep messin with it.will let you know.thanks again.EDIT-i've tried everything now-re-downloaded mod from different site,changed config,changed launch parameters,ran with only CBA active, i cant think of anything else except to use another AI mod.I have ASR_AI I prefer bcombat but It's good aswell.

Edited by ineptaphid

Sorry to hear that :( Maybe other mods conflicting? I remember someone reported it in early post that the AGM mod might be the problem.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Place Object Modifier (or whatever it's called) module in editor, set the stance option to "Standing" and sync the module to the unit.

That doesn't work. While that module can initially change the units stance, it doesn't lock them into the stance. When the AI see's the enemy, they still crouch down.

Surely there is an answer to this! I really find it impossible to believe i'm the first person to try to make a scenario where an AI unit stands in a window, on a balcony, or in a tower...