fabrizio_t

[OPEN BETA] [SP] bCombat infantry AI Mod

How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?

• Way too low
    • A bit low
    • Almost fine
    • A bit high
    • Way too high

guys i understand that you like arma2 but this is the arma 3 bcombat thread - and the mod is in beta state - so maybe you should discuss arma 2 and its bcombat support somwhere else and give contructive feedback here

Fab anything on the horizon for bcombat ? There are suppose to be hotfix this week so based on that what do you think thanks.

Fab anything on the horizon for bcombat ? There are suppose to be hotfix this week so based on that what do you think thanks.

The hotfix is just to remove the profiling tool, which is causing performance issues. I don't think it will fix any of the things that broke bCombat.

The hotfix is just to remove the profiling tool, which is causing performance issues. I don't think it will fix any of the things that broke bCombat.

I've tested ArmA 3 DEV version 2 days ago, noticed no improvements.

That said, devs are well aware of some problems, for instance AI oblivious of enemy: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?159710-AI-Discussion-(dev-branch)&p=2609185&viewfull=1#post2609185

It could have been caused by several broken anim. transitions our engine lords were fighting recently during a quest for improved transition system. That should be fixed in the next, upcoming dev. branch.

If that was the case... the AI would have loved to kill you, but it couldn't find a way to rise its weapon back, aim and shoot. ...or maybe the Gandhi algorithm has found its way into the minds of our AI ;)

I'm leaving on friday, for a 7 days journey. I hope to see something finally fixed by the end of next week.

Edited by fabrizio_T

Okay so I've been playing a lot of campaign with v0.15 on Stable branch. Overall, its game changingly good. Whenever I die its like - "oh I see the tactical mistake I made there", not "WTF AIMBOT!!"

One comment;

My Group doesn't tend to break cover when in 'follow/regroup' particularly when in Combat mode. What I mean is if I run across a field, they will tend to stick to cover near our starting point and not cross the filed under any circumstance (I sped up to 4x and left for a minute to check). However if I give a move order next to me, they will come. Any idea why this is?

Also, not sure if its mission design but they (& I) get stuck in combat mode, can't set to relax or aware.

I too have noticed that they can't go into a "relaxed" mode, only combat mode. I would guess this is most likely broken as a result of the new 1.10 BIS update...

I played all of Adapt with bCombat 0.15 on Stable, and it worked very well (would have been even better with frags and smoke ::shakes fist at BIS::). I made sure to turn the damage modifier off, as reported above, but left fleeing and investigate behaviours on and nothing broke.

Unlike others have reported, my units would always come out of Combat mode as long as I told them to be Aware and there were no other enemies around.

Hi everyone, could you please tell me how to turn off the damage modifier. I can´t find the command in the config.sqf. :confused: thx

Hi everyone, could you please tell me how to turn off the damage modifier. I can´t find the command in the config.sqf. :confused: thx

It's off by default.

Unlike others have reported, my units would always come out of Combat mode as long as I told them to be Aware and there were no other enemies around.

Same here, I've had no issues with them not returning to formation though I may have been on a few dev builds ago.

It's off by default.

AH, i See. You just mentioned above, that you made sure, that this setting is "off". Where can i see, if it´s enabled or disabled?

AH, i See. You just mentioned above, that you made sure, that this setting is "off". Where can i see, if it´s enabled or disabled?

I don't recall what the actual variable is called, but it's near the top and is set to 1.0. I had been playing with it set to 1.25 because I don't like the new damage model, but others reported that it broke some of the campaign missions, so I set it back to 1.0.

I don't recall what the actual variable is called, but it's near the top and is set to 1.0. I had been playing with it set to 1.25 because I don't like the new damage model, but others reported that it broke some of the campaign missions, so I set it back to 1.0.

Okay, thx for the reply

Fabrizio, I asked this earlier but don't recall an answer. Is there a way to exclude an AI group/unit from bcombat? There are some incredible scripts coming out to spawn and position AI looking through windows/on balconies with impressive mission making potential. When used with bcombat they don't maintain their position. Something that can be placed in the init or scripted to enable/disable bcombat on the fly for mission making will be awesome. Thanks for all your hardwork on this mod.

Just got back home.

Looks to me nothing was fixed AI wise within dev builds, which is sad.

That really really sucks. This mod added so much to this game... By the time I discovered, downloaded, and actually used it I only had a week or two of awesome firefights before that update broke everything. I kept postponing that update due to this mod, and somehow it accidentally downloaded. Is there a way to revert to the previous version of the game so this mod would work again,?

Sorry guys, but what's BROKEN ?

Yeah they don't chuck so many smokes or grenades, but apart from that it's AWESOME ! :)

is running perfectly 24/7 on our public + A3mp + ALiVE

Fabrizio, if you're in any doubt or feeling let down, please don't be discouraged this mod has and IS transforming our game on a daily bases :)

SJ

I second serjames's comments. At MSOG we are enjoying bCombat considerably even with BIS bugs.

Yeah they don't chuck so many smokes or grenades, but apart from that it's AWESOME ! :)

Fabrizio, if you're in any doubt or feeling let down, please don't be discouraged this mod has and IS transforming our game on a daily bases :)

SJ

I thought this was singleplayer only?

Is it working on MP, and if so how well?

btw great job on this mod fabrizio_T! Been using it in singleplayer for a while and love the firefights.

SJ

No one is discouraging fabrizio_T. Dev build causes issues with this mod. Even fabrizio says so.

Come and see for yourselves.

Dedicated on ALiVE +A3MP +AGGRESSORS +bCombat.

Filter your MP lobby for 3cb and you'll find our public server.

SJ

No one is discouraging fabrizio_T. Dev build causes issues with this mod. Even fabrizio says so.

Indeed, but basically it's stable version the culprit.

I'm not discouraged, sure a bit frustrated.

Below is my -humble and personal- opinion on current game status.

ArmA 3 v1.10 stable has known issues.

Selectweapon is not working as before, hence no smoke grenades, nor enhanced hand grenades.

There are noticeable pathfinding problem, units still get stuck in and around buildings, near bridges, etc.

Damage and fatigue were recently "reworked", but they both look awkward for now.

Recent DEV builds did not ( address nor ) solve any of these issues so far.

(On the contrary they broke stance handling, albeit temporarily).

I think campaign delivery deadlines are putting much pressure on BIS.

Once campaign is done we'll hopefully get better support, but for now situation is quite messy.

---------- Post added at 11:08 ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 ----------

I too have noticed that they can't go into a "relaxed" mode, only combat mode. I would guess this is most likely broken as a result of the new 1.10 BIS update...

Not bCombat related, i've posted before about this issue.

---------- Post added at 11:24 ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 ----------

Fabrizio, I asked this earlier but don't recall an answer. Is there a way to exclude an AI group/unit from bcombat? There are some incredible scripts coming out to spawn and position AI looking through windows/on balconies with impressive mission making potential. When used with bcombat they don't maintain their position. Something that can be placed in the init or scripted to enable/disable bcombat on the fly for mission making will be awesome. Thanks for all your hardwork on this mod.

Here we go, sorry for being late.

It would be possible to exclude some units from bCombat altogether, but i'm not sure it would make sense.

bCombat works like a balanced "ecosystem", with morale "flowing" on sides due to combat events (suppression, wounds, casualties, etc.).

Putting AI units out of this ecosystem would finally unbalance it, artificially influencing the odds of a firefight.

For instance these units would be able to suppress enemy morale, without suffering any kind of morale hit.

They also would be immune to any event-driven firing accuracy penalties.

A potentially better choice would be to have units skipping only bCombat "stance" and "movement" logic (e.g. stance handling, movement to cover, investigate behaviour, ...).

Not easy to code at this stage, but possible.

Welcome back Fabrizio. Thanks for the response. That sounds like a good solution. I've been researching FSM and looking around in FSM editor lately and continue to be impressed with your work.

One of the topics relevant to this discussion is http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168987-set-a-unit-to-look-out-of-window-function/page3

AISS' Mikey is also working on a similar system and it will be nice if this piece can play together nicely.

I hope BIS pays attention to this mod. Its by far the best AI behavior mod in their franchise's history IMHO.

I'd like to see a poll from them asking which aspect of the game customers consider most important, eg Content (assets), campaign, AI, Graphics, etc.

A potentially better choice would be to have units skipping only bCombat "stance" and "movement" logic (e.g. stance handling, movement to cover, investigate behaviour, ...).

Welcome back mate!

That would be an interesting firefight !