fabrizio_t

[OPEN BETA] [SP] bCombat infantry AI Mod

How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?

• Way too low
    • A bit low
    • Almost fine
    • A bit high
    • Way too high

Hi, I have one problem. When I am killed and I want switch some other unit, so table after death does not appears. I see only dead soldier and I can not do anything, but the game does not freeze. Thanks and sorry for my English.

Hi, I have one problem. When I am killed and I want switch some other unit, so table after death does not appears. I see only dead soldier and I can not do anything, but the game does not freeze. Thanks and sorry for my English.

Wrong thread, however, what you have there is not a problem, it's just game over.

I can confirm, no smoke and no frag grenades with latest patch.

Edited by gulag

So we have a few confirmed issues related to the update as well as some suspect problems.

From what i've read there are also other problems with performance, vsync, etc..

I'm going to freeze a bit v0.16 public release, hoping next DEV branches address / solve some problems.

In current state features development and playtesting are not meaningful.

Did u noticed the not enterable Optionsmenu after a time? So happens to me, cant enter the Configurations after a time

Did u noticed the not enterable Optionsmenu after a time? So happens to me, cant enter the Configurations after a time

Not happening to me, can anybody confirm that?

how to switch off all unnceccesary stuff for me, as "causal player", debuging, balloons over AI heads etc? Thanks.

Thats happened to me in the past but I never suspected it was BCombat causing it...Its not currently happening to me either

I wonder if "not enterable Optionsmenu" really means *can not get in that menu, EVER*? I know when I'm running a mission that utilize many script loops like ALiVE or a heavily loaded bcombat one that I might get some delay in opening the Optionsmenu, but if I'm patient it usually DOES open after several seconds. Never had it completely *not open*.

anyway, figured out by myself. Overall the battles feel better, AI being more aggressive, switching positions faster, i love how AI does barrel roll, while being under fire, on the ground. All in all, this is deffenitely a mod is worth to play, along with jsrs, blastcore and weapon resting. ;)

No, it does not open. It does the typical sound when you´re klicking the icon but the options doesnt show up. Happens to me after ~45minutes, without bcombat i can open the menu anytime

-

Strange, I haven't seen either of these though I can confirm the grenades. The AI still seem to fire very quickly with no weird hiccups as well as at range in my 4 hour campaign session last night.

Same here.

Campaign spoilers:

On the fuel truck mission, on the way to the first cistern, I had to barricade the couple dudes I picked up in one of the warehouses, setting them watching different corners while I watched the front door. Took me several reloads to make it out of there alive. They had cohesion, acted aggressively, more often than not came out on top, and seemed pretty normal for the mod. When I disabled the warrior on the hilltop not far from there, same thing happened. Blew c4, AI came rushing out, moving from cover to cover. One dude sat at a rock near the top and kept me pinned down while the other two came right up on me. (Very intimidating)

tl;dr-Got trounced by aggressive AI in the campaign a lot, specially in cqb.

Happens to me, but im on the devbuild and have poor FPS.

BTW. Great mod! Can't play without it. It is possible to use TPW mods with bCombat too?

About the siderolling, occasionally I noticed the AI siderolling in-place, meaning they do the rolling animation, but they did not displace...

What about the link between groups, is it on work to make an interaction between squads like mg squads interact with rifle squad to cover it and are you working about capture of building by IA? could be intersting for an attack mission when the enemy is in the city and you have to doslodge it :)

I have a fps drop also.

What I MUST say on this mod:

first: I must thanx a lot to have built it.

24 euros that I have spent for this game should be given to you.

one of two monts ago I have unistalled Arma 3 for extreme frustration, weapon damage/armor was totally wrong, ai behaviour was totally wrong, ai accuracy was totally inhuman such as their perception. so, you could image my total disappointment. it seemed me like a bad joke. After I played all chapters of arma, and after the long wait for A3 I felt a bit defrauded. so, ultimately I had to unistall a3. Now in the last days I have read of this mod and tpw thus i ve tried them after re installing the game and I can say that this was the ArmA3 I wanted. surely, the mod is still to be refined and there are some issues but it is an awesome work that has pushed me to recover A3 from the trash can and play it again. thanks so much.

Edited by pickman

No, it does not open. It does the typical sound when you´re klicking the icon but the options doesnt show up. Happens to me after ~45minutes, without bcombat i can open the menu anytime
Ahh, just noticed the Configure button is now indeed nonresponsive

Are you running Alive or other unit caching stuff?

I fail ro reproduce the issue, but i'm running just bCombat + JSRS.

---------- Post added at 10:54 ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 ----------

About the siderolling, occasionally I noticed the AI siderolling in-place, meaning they do the rolling animation, but they did not displace...

Yes sometimes it happens, it's an animation glitch

---------- Post added at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 ----------

Happens to me, but im on the devbuild and have poor FPS.

BTW. Great mod! Can't play without it. It is possible to use TPW mods with bCombat too?

I think it depends on which TPW mods you use.

TPS suppression would collide.

Are you running Alive or other unit caching stuff?

I fail ro reproduce the issue, but i'm running just bCombat + JSRS.

Not running Alive, here is my list:

BCombat

TPW -disabled suppression

SoS

Babe Texture

VTS Weapon Rest

Blastcore

Blastcore physics

StHud

The 4th Wall

Weapon Switching While Moving

Adjustable Stances

It did seem to happen after playing for a long while last night but after restarting game the button was 'alive' again. I still haven't isolated that it is surely BCombat causing it.

I dont run the Alive mod and like i said, configure button is nonresponsive after ~30-45 minutes. At the beginning of playing you can enter the options without problems

I played the first campaign parts end (Girna assault) and it was a great and intense firefight. Was impressed by how the AI behaved. They were more intelligent than me :).

Cons: The radio communication I received 2 or 3 times for everything they said. The UAV task got cancelled immediately after it got assigned, so I didn't finish the mission...

I get the same problem when running bCombat, also happens if/when I run the Alive mod.

You mean it happens too with Alive alone or Alive + bCombat?

---------- Post added at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:15 ----------

I dont run the Alive mod and like i said, configure button is nonresponsive after ~30-45 minutes. At the beginning of playing you can enter the options without problems

Ok.

some more questions:

Which version of bCombat are you running: v0.15 or v0.16 (DEV) ?

Does this happen with some particular missions (e.g. missions featuring player or units respawn) or all the way ?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

Not running Alive, here is my list:

BCombat

TPW -disabled suppression

SoS

Babe Texture

VTS Weapon Rest

Blastcore

Blastcore physics

StHud

The 4th Wall

Weapon Switching While Moving

Adjustable Stances

It did seem to happen after playing for a long while last night but after restarting game the button was 'alive' again. I still haven't isolated that it is surely BCombat causing it.

I bet you're on v0.16, right?

Let me know your findings, looks like i can't reproduce the problem myself, so i have to rely on feedback.

Edited by fabrizio_T

Yes i use the 0.16 version, i play only the "Whole Lotta Altis" SP mission, you make a fix in the 0.16 version for the respawn ability in WLA, you remember? ^^

Yes i use the 0.16 version, i play only the "Whole Lotta Altis" SP mission, you make a fix in the 0.16 version for the respawn ability in WLA, you remember? ^^

Yes i remember the fix, just i don't always remember any bCombat version and any missions anybody is running ;)

I'll try running WLA, in order to try to reproduce the issue.

I changed my accuracy settings manually in the configs, now I try this mod everyone seems a little inaccurate. Does anyone has a link to where I can find the standard arma 3 accuracy settings please?