cool=azroul13

UPSMON Updated to ArmaIII

Will do. But can you specify what you mean by latest version? I downloaded it off of armaholic and the zip file says 6063. Is there an updated version I missed?

Thanks to everybody for maintaining these versatile and easy to use scripts.

I'm spawning enemies and add them to upsmon as Beerkan suggested in the previous thread. Once players enter a trigger area, everything works fine. When players leave the area the units are deleted.

When deleting the units I'm getting scripterrors. I'm guessing upsmon tries to count the leaders and the groups after they have been deleted?

Using an older version, line 321 of upsmon.sqf

{
if (count _obj>0) then {
	_npc = [_obj,count _obj] call MON_getleader;			
	};
};
Error count: Type object, expected array,config entry

While using v6.0.6.4 I get the same error + 2 or 3 others

} count KRON_NPCs > 0; // line 1730 of UPMON_MainLoop.sqf
Type Nothing, expected Number

_grpidx = format["%1",_grpid]; // line 15 UPS_Track.sqf (debug disabled)
Undefined Variable in expression _grpid

I tried using both _x setDamage 1; and deleteVehicle _x; to remove the spawned units when leaving the area.

You can try to remove the group leader from UPSMON loop before deleting the group.

if (leader nomdugroupe in KRON_NPCs) then {KRON_NPCs = KRON_NPCs - [leader nomdugroupe];};

Send me a link to your mission if it doesn't work.

Link uploaded on the first post.

changelog:

Corrected:-error variable _pause

-Randomup and Randomdn parameter

-unit wont take vehicle if vehicle is locked for player or unlock

Added: You can delete an UPSMON group: {_x setvariable ["UPS_Deletegroup",true];} foreach units _UPSMONgroup

I am wondering, should the debug always show in top right corner? I am using this my missions with it coming up in 1 mission but not the other. Was wondering if should always show.

What do you mean ? The UPSMON hint with unit count ?

If the debug is off then you don't see it, unless it's a bug.

Can I ask if this is compatible with any other AI mods for example ASR or TPW and others? As in the test mission it all goes well until vehicles approach the mines

and my forces open fire even before they get there. Its like the AI are stupid to not let them fall into the ambush and go over the mines first then fire.

Thanks

I never test the script with TPW or ASR, I just test with bcombat and Suppression script from Ollem and it works.

I never test the script with TPW or ASR, I just test with bcombat and Suppression script from Ollem and it works.

Ok, well just tested without ASR and TPW but im still getting the same problem. The AI fire well before the convoy gets to the ambush point. I will keep going over what ive

got and get back to you. If there are any mods which it is not compatible with then I hope you or others can let me know, thank you :)

Hey im trying to use this skript for a mission but i don't get it ;)

I want the patrol to be in the CARELESS mode at the start

my init

nul=[this,"area1","CARELESS"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

but they start with aiming down the sight - im think in SAFE mode. The wiki is no help so ... what am i doing wrong ? Or is this a bug ??

Thx in advance for your help ;)

Ok, I have found the mods which are not compatible, I removed this WW AIMenu and this WW AICover as they were the only other AI mods I was using and

now its working fine. They wait right until the convoy gets to the mines - boom! and they all hell breaks loose. Thank you :)

Ok i could use setBehavior in the Units init. So it's not that important but i think with the Skript would be the nicer way

@R0T

Sorry will to wait the next patch, something has broken the AI behaviour it doesn't work anymore.

No problem I have the work around ... And I know it's not me ;)

Still love this tool !!!

Hello Cool.

Just an issue I found.

In stealth missions, where you want the AI on safe mode, they tend to walk with the weapon raised, not down.

My misión is with FIA soldiers grouped to a 0% OPFOR leader (simulate OPFOR militia) and the init is on the effective leader (a FIA guy), maybe it's because of this.

I solved it iniztializating UPSMON in a nearby created Advance waypoint to each group, so they start walking on SAFE, and when they reach the waypoint, UPSMON starts.

But maybe something is happening...

Another: Building positions, "Fortify" tends to put all units in the ground level building pos. "Nomove" makes them sometimes (very few) go to other building parts, but definetly it is not working on floors, RAndomUP makes nothing....

Anyway thanks for your effort.

Tested, runs better. But still can't see randomup working except 3 units of the group, and not in the roof.

And AI still doesen't seem to use the highest building pos

I'm using it on an "Unfinished Complex" (the one north from Kavala), in a group of 15 units (if I split it on more groups the tend to try to ocuppy the same building pos)

Hi there

Got another Issue

After killing some UPSMON Guys this scripterror occurs repeadetly

Error in expression <_membertypes = nil;
_UCthis = nil;

if (_removeunit) then 
{
{Deletevehicle _x} >
 Error position: <_removeunit) then 
{
{Deletevehicle _x} >
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _removeunit
File C:\Users\Martin\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\sion%2e\missions\[TSS]_Co08_IronDragon_1v0.Altis\scripts\UPSMON\modules\UPS_respawn.sqf, line 140
"KRON_Arti: [[]]"
Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolGRE/: Missing word allGroup
WARNING: Function 'name' - Militidas Melidoni is dead
WARNING: Function 'name' - Vangelis Manetta is dead
Error in expression <_membertypes = nil;
_UCthis = nil;

if (_removeunit) then 
{
{Deletevehicle _x} >
 Error position: <_removeunit) then 
{
{Deletevehicle _x} >
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _removeunit
File C:\Users\Martin\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\sion%2e\missions\[TSS]_Co08_IronDragon_1v0.Altis\scripts\UPSMON\modules\UPS_respawn.sqf, line 140

when i use the new common and AZE folders upsmon doesent seem to work at all

File C:\Users\Martin\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\sion%2e\missions\[TSS]_Co08_IronDragon_1v0.Altis\scripts\upsmon.sqf, line 214
Error in expression <live members %1 %2 %3",_grpidx,typename _npc,typeof _npc, count units _npc]};	

>
 Error position: <_npc,typeof _npc, count units _npc]};	

>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _npc
File C:\Users\Martin\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\sion%2e\missions\[TSS]_Co08_IronDragon_1v0.Altis\scripts\upsmon.sqf, line 247
Error in expression <j] call MON_getleader;			
};
};

if (!(_npc iskindof "Man")) then { 
if (!isnul>
 Error position: <_npc iskindof "Man")) then { 
if (!isnul>
File C:\Users\Martin\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\sion%2e\missions\[TSS]_Co08_IronDragon_1v0.Altis\scripts\upsmon.sqf, line 232
"UPSMON - npc [O Alpha 2-2:1] - typename [OBJECT] - typeof [O_G_Soldier_TL_F] - units [[O Alpha 2-2:1,O Alpha 2-2:2]]"
Error in expression <_npc = ( [_npc,units (group _npc)] call MON_getleader );
}
else 
{
_vehicles = [>
 Error position: <MON_getleader );
}
else 
{
_vehicles = [>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: mon_getleader
File C:\Users\Martin\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\sion%2e\missions\[TSS]_Co08_IronDragon_1v0.Altis\scripts\upsmon.sqf, line 214
Error in expression <live members %1 %2 %3",_grpidx,typename _npc,typeof _npc, count units _npc]};	

>

>
File C:\Users\Martin\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\sion%2e\missions\[TSS]_Co08_IronDragon_1v0.Altis\scripts\upsmon.sqf, line 247
};
};

if (!isnul>
if (!isnul>
File C:\Users\Martin\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\sion%2e\missions\[TSS]_Co08_IronDragon_1v0.Altis\scripts\upsmon.sqf, line 232
"UPSMON - npc [O Alpha 4-1:1] - typename [OBJECT] - typeof [O_G_Soldier_TL_F] - units [[O Alpha 4-1:1,O Alpha 4-1:2]]"
}
else 
{
_vehicles = [>
}
else 
{
_vehicles = [>

>

>
};
};

if (!isnul>
if (!isnul>
"UPSMON - npc [O Alpha 4-2:1] - typename [OBJECT] - typeof [O_G_Soldier_TL_F] - units [[O Alpha 4-2:1,O Alpha 4-2:2]]"
}
else 
{
_vehicles = [>
}
else 
{
_vehicles = [>

>

>
};
};

if (!isnul>
if (!isnul>
"UPSMON - npc [O Alpha 4-3:1] - typename [OBJECT] - typeof [O_G_Soldier_TL_F] - units [[O Alpha 4-3:1,O Alpha 4-3:2,O Alpha 4-3:3,O Alpha 4-3:4]]"
}
else 
{
_vehicles = [>
}
else 
{
_vehicles = [>

>

>
};
};

if (!isnul>
if (!isnul>
"UPSMON - npc [O Alpha 1-3:1] - typename [OBJECT] - typeof [O_G_Soldier_TL_F] - units [[O Alpha 1-3:1,O Alpha 1-3:2,O Alpha 1-3:3,O Alpha 1-3:4]]"
}
else 
{
_vehicles = [>
}
else 
{
_vehicles = [>

>

>

with not using them just the one wich are in UPSMON Folder i still get the remove issue posted above