.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Tiz a shame about the community being dead though

Community aint dead it just moved here

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/

go to my website and theres tons of missions and mods out for the Arma2CO conversion, link in my sig.

Link is also the banner on the site Mission Repository.

Community aint dead it just moved here

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/

go to my website and theres tons of missions and mods out for the Arma2CO conversion, link in my sig.

Link is also the banner on the site Mission Repository.

Thanks for the info. Finally got it to work via manually installing it. What exactly is the difference between the vanilla vs A2OA version?

What exactly is the difference between the vanilla vs A2OA version?

As Kju had posted a link to the patches, and my explanation below, the patches do a number of things, many fixes, and additions ect,.

see the changelog there for each patch on his first post.

Vanilla is locked up you cant mod it, IFA2 as we call it is basically a copy of your vanilla reformatted with the .pbo extension that Arma2CO can read, so the

difference is Vanilla IF can now be modded and lots of that going on, on the IF Fan forums, another announcement was made today about the Afrika Korps mod in the works.

But IFA2 as said can be modded as Iron Front is now a mod for Arma2CO, and on this thread for Arma3 so you can use community mods made for Arma2CO along side IF now.

IFA2 has numerous mods that were built since early this year, theres 2 sound mods for IF, I have a mod I built called IFWarMod it is custom built from my

mod for Arma2CO COWarMod see the release thread here: http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/ifwarmod-release-6390060?&trail=15

Another bunch of mods my team built for IFA2 can be found here: http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/ifriron-front-revival-mod-projects-6253251?&trail=15

Can I play the single player of Iron front in Arma3:confused: and also is this still broken ....Silent AI team members - no voice order issuing nor confirmations:confused:

Can someone answer my questions please?

Thank You:)

As I'm working with the IFA3 guys on fire geometry issues, I thought it would be useful to post an instructional thread/discussion on how to bring IF models up to A3 and RAM standards. Something along the lines of what I did for RAM, except better: a big, updated how-to page with discussion in the thread and corrections applied to the main page. I'm working on the first pass now and will post a link to it in this thread when it's ready.

(This is essentially for the IFA3 team - it's a modding resource, not of much interest to players).

Edited by Olds

As Kju had posted a link to the patches, and my explanation below, the patches do a number of things, many fixes, and additions ect,.

see the changelog there for each patch on his first post.

Vanilla is locked up you cant mod it, IFA2 as we call it is basically a copy of your vanilla reformatted with the .pbo extension that Arma2CO can read, so the

difference is Vanilla IF can now be modded and lots of that going on, on the IF Fan forums, another announcement was made today about the Afrika Korps mod in the works.

But IFA2 as said can be modded as Iron Front is now a mod for Arma2CO, and on this thread for Arma3 so you can use community mods made for Arma2CO along side IF now.

IFA2 has numerous mods that were built since early this year, theres 2 sound mods for IF, I have a mod I built called IFWarMod it is custom built from my

mod for Arma2CO COWarMod see the release thread here: http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/ifwarmod-release-6390060?&trail=15

Another bunch of mods my team built for IFA2 can be found here: http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/ifriron-front-revival-mod-projects-6253251?&trail=15

That sounds awesome! I'm glad I was able to port it over then. I'm trying to play through the campaign right now before I try to get it working for Arma 3. Is there any hope or likelihood of the campaign working in Arma 3?

@ l337acc

Right now low unfortunately.

.kju, is AllInArmaStandaloneLite enough to get IF running in Arma3?

@ Pulstar

Yep. We are working on Iron Front in Arma standalone currently instead. :)

As I'm working with the IFA3 guys on fire geometry issues, I thought it would be useful to post an instructional thread/discussion on how to bring IF models up to A3 and RAM standards. Something along the lines of what I did for RAM, except better: a big, updated how-to page with discussion in the thread and corrections applied to the main page. I'm working on the first pass now and will post a link to it in this thread when it's ready.

(This is essentially for the IFA3 team - it's a modding resource, not of much interest to players).

As promised. Here is the new thread. Shvetz and Tierprot will want to look at this so I can start handing over test files.

You should join the skype group for IFA3 where the main guys working on IFA3 are at.

Ask Kju about that if your interested in helping with IFA3.

@ Günter

Olds is already part of the team.

I am still having the same problem I've had the whole time. When I try and run the IronFrontArma3CommunityPatch_1.05-1.11 patch, it tells me my IF arma 3 is either not installed or corrupt.

I've already installed all of the ARMA 2 OA patches, what am I doing wrong? I've run the shortcut inside my game folder, and with -incurrentfolder.

@ iKeaster

Post images of your game folder and another how and when you run the patch.

Kju, is there a way to disable the sharpnel (fragments) of the grenades and ordenance? some config that i could change in the lib_weapons.pbo?

It produce some dsinc when playing with 25+- players in a dedi server. Hope you can give me a hint in that.

Thanks!

@ Scar.arg

I have asked Shvetz to come back to you on this. He is away for some days though.

Hey kju,

Wondering if there was a way to remove the AIA SA requirement and have the IFA3 mod file read the arma2CO directory instead this way

the mod instead running another mod and SA being a massive mod?

My game freezes after a while trying to run other mods with the arma3 version, plus it takes god forever to load the game up and play after a crash or a freeze if i have one.

Kju, is there a way to disable the sharpnel (fragments) of the grenades and ordenance? some config that i could change in the lib_weapons.pbo?

It produce some dsinc when playing with 25+- players in a dedi server. Hope you can give me a hint in that.

Thanks!

class cfgAmmo

{

class BulletBase;

class GrenadeHand;

class B_9x18_Ball;

class RocketBase;

class lib_shg24: GrenadeHand

{

hit =20;

indirectHit = 10;

IndirecthitRange = 5;

oskolki[] = {70,280,200}; // the first value - range of flight of the fragments, the second - the number of fragments, and the third - a random number of fragments//

};

class lib_shg24x7: GrenadeHand

{

hit = 50;

indirectHit = 18;

IndirecthitRange = 10;

oskolki[] = {95,830,200};

};

class lib_m39: GrenadeHand

{

hit = 16;

indirectHit = 7;