.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

well I have attempted to follow the manual install instructions... so far from what I can tell the conversion tool is just adding two empty folders into my arma 3 folder. and the patches are saying that I do not have the patch installed or the file is corrupted. Well yes of course I cannot have the patch installed IF THAT IS WHAT IM TRYING TO INSTALL!!!!! UGH this is frustrating. I believe I have manually installed IFA3 to my Arma 3 folder through those available .7z files at the bottom of the https://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-issue-tracker/files. I installed and then overwrote them in successive order. I dont know why these patches arent working

@ Murrs84

If the conversion fails, it obviously cannot patch anything.

Try running the conversion tools with admin permissions.

If it doesn't help, post a screenshot of it showing the paths you have used.

As alternative:

1) Use the batch to convert it (you need the required tools)

2) Wait for PWS to get fixed/working again (note: some says the latest beta version with admin permission does the conversion at least, just not the patching).

@IFA3 is just an extra mod to make Iron Front work also in Arma 3 (along with @IFA3M from the patches containing the model data).

Is there any patch for AiA lite and IF lite? To fix sound problems?

Okay nvm , this fix working fine also with Lite versions.

Edited by Alduric

;2732307']@ Murrs84

If the conversion fails' date=' it obviously cannot patch anything.

Try running the conversion tools with admin permissions.

If it doesn't help, post a screenshot of it showing the paths you have used.

As alternative:

1) Use the batch to convert it (you need the required tools)

2) Wait for PWS to get fixed/working again (note: some says the latest beta version with admin permission does the conversion at least, just not the patching).

@IFA3 is just an extra mod to make Iron Front work also in Arma 3 (along with @IFA3M from the patches containing the model data).[/quote']

Ok so I took screens of me running the converter tool but I cannot post attachments on this forum I do not have permissions. The converter is able to find Arma 2, Arma 2 OA, and IF on my D\ drive automatically in my steamapps. It is creating a temp file on the C\ drive. It runs for awhile and eventually says "conversion was successful" however it is not creating anything in my Arma 3 folder. It is however creating "@IF, @LIB_DLC_1" in my Arma 2 OA folder.

So I don't know if that is correct or not and im just missing a step? Meanwhile there is no @IFA3M available to download from the available files at https://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-issue-tracker/files or https://mega.co.nz/#F!x1ZACAab!ccQpEpzBR2hT2xX13xIkaA . So where do I download that file?

@ Murrs84

Use https://imgur.com for pictures

From the update post in this thread:

In the conversion tool you need to swap the path to A2 and OA with the one of A3.

Added the info also to the wiki now.

As alternative use the Arma2CO patches; afterwards move or copy the modfolders* to your A3 game directory.

* @IF, @IF_Other_Addons, @IFA3M, @LIB_DLC_1

@IFA3M is created by the patches.

ahhhhh ok so I can either leave it as it is now and just patch A2OA or i need to have it drop all the conversion files into the A3 directory. I knew something wasnt right ok ill try that and see how it goes

---------- Post added at 21:16 ---------- Previous post was at 21:02 ----------

you leave the Ironfront directory as default with the converter correct? or change that to A3 as well?

ok so I ran the conversion tool directing A2 and A2OA files to A3 folder so now I have "@AllnArmaStandalone, @CBA_A3, @IF, @IFA3, @LIB_DLC_1" all of them have different files contained in their addons etc. However still no go with the patches the error i get says "Iron Front for Arma 3 Patch is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted" I even went as far as completely uninstalling all the games and then re-installing them and starting from the beginning so I can't see there being a corruption issue. I tried placing the patches inside the game folder as well. Im stumped

---------- Post added at 01:45 ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 ----------

ok so I ran the conversion tool directing A2 and A2OA files to A3 folder so now I have "@AllnArmaStandalone, @CBA_A3, @IF, @IFA3, @LIB_DLC_1" all of them have different files contained in their addons etc. However still no go with the patches the error i get says "Iron Front for Arma 3 Patch is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted" I even went as far as completely uninstalling all the games and then re-installing them and starting from the beginning so I can't see there being a corruption issue. I tried placing the patches inside the game folder as well. Im stumped im missing that @IF_Other_Addons folder

@ Murrs84

The @IF_Other_Addons is also generated by the patch.

From the Q&A in the patch thread:

Q: The A3 patches does not detect the game folder?

A: Try moving the patch exe directly into the game folder, or even run the exe with -incurrentfolder

(from command line or create a link to the exe and add it as parameter).

The patch checks in the registry for:

steamApp = "SOFTWARE[\Wow6432Node]\Valve\Steam";

steamRegKey = "InstallPath";

steamToArmaPath = "\steamapps\common\arma 3\";

If you don't have that, your steam install seems corrupted.

Awesome to have the sounds back.

Sounds seem to be working again, except I get a constant high pitched sound whenever in a German Medium tank. The heavy tanks and Russian tanks seem fine. Anyone else have this problem with Stug, PZRIV and V?

Edited by ikmn

@ ikmn

Did you make sure to have patched to latest version (1.11)?

;2733382']@ Murrs84

The @IF_Other_Addons is also generated by the patch.

From the Q&A in the patch thread:

The patch checks in the registry for:

If you don't have that' date=' your steam install seems corrupted.[/quote']

I tried putting the exe into the game folder already... same error. So Far as "running the exe with -incurrenfolder (from command line or create a link to the exe and add it as parameter)" I would love to but I have no idea how to do that or what that even means

---------- Post added at 15:54 ---------- Previous post was at 15:30 ----------

nvm I figured it out... use run line, dragged and dropped the patch from the Arma 3 folder into the run line, then just put "-incurrentfolder" at the end. And success!

Sounds seem to be working again, except I get a constant high pitched sound whenever in a German Medium tank. The heavy tanks and Russian tanks seem fine. Anyone else have this problem with Stug, PZRIV and V?

Yes now that I finally have the mod working I get the same issue it is a high pitched noise in the german medium tanks when the engine is on and only when you are in first person (inside vehicle view) 3rd person engine sounds fine. So far it is the only major glitch I have found aside from not being able to play through the campaign because of the panzershrek bug but that is already noted. O and I have everything fully patched and updated those sound files in the mod folder as well

;2733402']@ ikmn

Did you make sure to have patched to latest version (1.11)?

Yeah. I have 1.11 patched as well as the hotfix patch files for the sounds. It just seems to be the German medium tanks - the Tigers are ok. I haven't tried the halftracks should probably check that as well.

cheers

k

@ ikmn

Did you also download the latest @IFA3 from the files section?

The one available on Play withSIX is matching the v1.08 patch available there and not the one to be used with 1.11.

;2733966']@ ikmn

The one available on Play withSIX is matching the v1.08 patch available there and not the one to be used with 1.11.

i know i have the latest one available on the downloads I didnt use playwithsix at all and I am having the same problem as ikmn. Halftracks and such are all fine. However I also noticed most of the tanks just have idle noise, it doesnt change when the tank is moving

;2733966']@ ikmn

Yep, I did all manual patching. I even just DL the latest @IFA3 dated 7-18 and replaced all the files and still get the high pitched sound in the German medium tanks. No PWS at all used for anything.

k

Not all tanks have been converted so far. You guys probably missed this fact.

Check the changelog to learn which have been.

;2734211']Not all tanks have been converted so far. You guys probably missed this fact.

Check the changelog to learn which have been.

O im not trying to rock the boat or complain I understand this is a work in progress and I thank you for your effort and anyone else who has contributed! Just wanted to let ikmn know he's not alone with that issue and just bring it to attention. I apologize if this is not the place to bring those things up, I'm really new to all this :/ I wish I could help ya with it in my free time but I haven't the first clue how to do what you guys and gals are doing. In any case keep up the good work and I will keep an eye on the changelog from now on. Also if there is anyone else reading through all this and is a newb to modding (as I am!) and would like some help with trying to get it working manually I would be happy to share what I have learned. Just ask

Also on the mega mirror there is a AiA misson hotfix from 6/1... what is that for? The blitzkreig fix is for a seperate mod correct?

Edited by Murrs84

This are my games:

Arma 3, Iron Front

My mods:

Iron front for arma 3, CBA, AIA standalone Lite because i havent Arma2 AO or CO

And my problem is when i launch the game there is a warning pops-up? This is the warning: Addon 'AiA_Characters_IF_Clothing_LIB_GER_Infantry' requires addon 'LIB_core'

And when I press ok by the warning arma just start up but without the iron front mod?---Pls help?

@ Murrs84

The best way to bring attention to ingame issues to report them properly on the feedback tracker (see first post).

In the forum it is just a mess and will be useless a few days later.

In terms of modding - best familiarize yourself first with mission making if you are new and have no coding experience.

The hotfixes are for: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19121

Blitzkrieg is a game mode. Check its thread for more info.

@ NICEKILLER345

Check this post for example.

Basically you need to do it without PWS for now. Check the wiki howTo.

This are my games:

Arma 3, Iron Front

My mods:

Iron front for arma 3, CBA, AIA standalone Lite because i havent Arma2 AO or CO

And my problem is when i launch the game there is a warning pops-up? This is the warning: Addon 'AiA_Characters_IF_Clothing_LIB_GER_Infantry' requires addon 'LIB_core'

And when I press ok by the warning arma just start up but without the iron front mod?---Pls help?

Same for me :/

I've tried installing this mod using playwithsix and manual install. IFAAM is nowhere to be found even after running the covert tool. When I tried running the community patch, it told me ironfront arma 3 patch is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted. Tried running the patches from the arma 3 folder and the ironfront folder, then tried putting -incurrentfolder in CMD.

Nothing is working for me. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I have the steam version of iron front and arma 3.

@ iKeaster

IFA3M is created by the patches.

Tried running the patches from the arma 3 folder and the ironfront folder, then tried putting -incurrentfolder in CMD.

1) The A3 patch is only if you install the @IF/@LIB_DLC_1 into the A3 game folder; otherwise you need the A2CO patches.

2) What is the IronFront folder?

3) What error did you get with -incurrentfolder in CMD?

4) What was the exact command you used there?