.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

2014-07-12 News update

• One can find now all the patch information consolidated in this thread.
  • What's new?
    • Easier to patch: Full patches (instead of many individual patches).
    • A2:CO is no longer necessary when All in Arma Standalone (lite) is used:
      Possible to create the conversion directly in the A3 game folder, and apply new patches for that location.

[*]The documentation in the wiki has been updated to reflect these changes.

[*]Updated and additional batch files available in the file section (for AiA SA, AiA SA lite, direct conversion to A3).

Play withSIX support will take some days. Will keep you updated.

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

@ Sixt

Please upload the arma3.rpt of a session with IFA3 active.

@ evil-organ

If you have updated OA to 1.63, Play withSIX can currently not apply the patches. You need to do this yourself for now.

The conversion process itself should still work fine with Play withSIX.

Please check the updated docu in the wiki and check the video tutorial for PWS, if you haven't done so yet.

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

Thank you for your work Kju as always!

Okay, installed the newest @IFA3 again, and launched the game via the newest automated bat file. And now it works fine, tanks are blowing up as they should, and the effects also looks fine :-)

Thank you for your help, and support in here to making this mod work :-)

Never uninstalled IF in hope of this happening, thx & bananas :yay::yay:

i have deleted the game after some trouble with it. now i have found my serial and activation code. where can i download

Iron Front Liberation 1944 again? Or have i to pay again?

@ Sixt

Glad to hear :)

@ funkotron

Where did you buy it from?

[quote='

@ funkotron

Where did you buy it from?

i guess it was the BI Store but i am not sure

@ funkotron

Well try to recover your account data there. GamersGate or GreenMenGaming could be another digital shop.

You can try if you can activate the key in steam but I doubt it.

Whenever I try and install it on PWS it works fine, and when I click launch game it opens the little conversion console like normal. It's after the process starts that I get a bunch of messages like "Error found in file @IF\ADDONS\*****.pbo".

Looked around this thread and haven't found much help. Anyone gotten around this?

How many servers are up for this normally?

@ iKeaster

Try switch to beta branch in PWS (options - check for updates - tick "receive beta updates").

Probably you need to wait for an update of PWS to get it working again altogether.

That didn't work. I've tried both beta and normal branch. I also made sure I have Iron Front installed correctly. Am I the only one who has run into this problem.

@ iKeaster

You are not the only one no.

For now you have to do the manual process unfortunately.

;2728066']@ funkotron

Well try to recover your account data there. GamersGate or GreenMenGaming could be another digital shop.

You can try if you can activate the key in steam but I doubt it.

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, it's not possible in Steam. i have to buy it again then...

@ deVilspaWn

The rpt was very old, however I have reproduced it myself now.

Talked to Sickboy - its a program issue. Will get fixed soonish.

Will revert the dependency to the old @AllInArma again for now.

Im trying to find any servers, I cant find any.

I really think ARMA 3 need a World War 2 community, for now we all A3 players only got is IF. And I love the Russian front ww2 gameplay!

Or do I have to play they main game IF to find server?

List of Public A3 Iron Front servers would be nice?

To my knowledge there are some polish guys which play coop missions ([a3c] iron front on utube), other than that - i doubt.

Mr.Pederson heres a post on IF Fan forums, not so much regarding the arma3 aspect but check it out anyways:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/show_single_post?pid=1283094096&postcount=218

I would assume that their may be IF Arma3 servers, or groups, and or people playing, maybe this Tungle program could help find them.

.Kju

I have attempted to run the full version of IFA3 on playwithsix and keep getting the error "OA/Ironfront not found?" when I try to launch. I can get the lite version to launch just fine so I don't know what is causing the issue with running the full version. I own Iron Front and Arma 3. I also checked off to allow beta updates in playwithsix. Any help you could provide on this would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, make sure you own Arma2Co as well, in the error saying OA I would think that means you also need OA (Operation Arrowhead).

Hi, make sure you own Arma2Co as well, in the error saying OA I would think that means you also need OA (Operation Arrowhead).

Can anyone confirm that it is necessary for me to buy that? I would rather not have to buy arma 2 etc when their older games that im not really interested in when I have arma 3. Unless it is absolutely necessary. I bought Ironfront to support the modders etc. but I don't want this to turn into a $60 project lol. I thought the whole point of that allinonearma addon that came with the collection pack was to make it so u did not need all the previous versions of Arma? Also now im noticing that I'm having errors about missing files even in the lite version that I wasn't having yesterday.... UGH but lite version is at least still working. just alot of sound files are coming up as missing or errors? Arma 3 updated on steam today I'm wondering if this could be related?

Edited by Murrs84

@ Murrs84

Play withSIX support is currently broken unfortunately.

You have to use the manual way to convert and patch it. Check the wiki for step by step guides.

Once done launching via PWS might be still be possible. Otherwise use the batch files for now or another tool.

PS: You can now install directly to A3 and patch it there. See the wiki and recent news.

;2730008']@ Murrs84

Play withSIX support is currently broken unfortunately.

You have to use the manual way to convert and patch it. Check the wiki for step by step guides.

Once done launching via PWS might be still be possible. Otherwise use the batch files for now or another tool.

PS: You can now install directly to A3 and patch it there. See the wiki and recent news.

While I have manually installed mods to Arma 3 before by simply moving the .pbo files into the proper game folders, I am starting to think that this is all way more complicated then I was bargaining for. I read the wiki and the news and they seem to be giving me many different answers to one question. My head is spinning. Is there a means for us to talk more directly and bounce some questions off of you perhaps on steam chat or some other means? Sorry for being such a PITA

While I have manually installed mods to Arma 3 before by simply moving the .pbo files into the proper game folders, I am starting to think that this is all way more complicated then I was bargaining for. I read the wiki and the news and they seem to be giving me many different answers to one question. My head is spinning. Is there a means for us to talk more directly and bounce some questions off of you perhaps on steam chat or some other means? Sorry for being such a PITA

Go to the wiki page and DL the conversion tool. I believe you still need A2 + A2OA installed as well as vanilla IF. I hate to give you bad info but it used to put IF folders in your A2 directory but it may put some in your A3 directory as well. I converted mine a long time ago so mine were in the A2 directory. But the new tool I have not used. DL the patches from the wiki page as well and patch. I copied all the converted IF folders from A2 directory to my A3 directory plus you need CBA_A3 installed too and AIA standalone or (lite) version in A3 directory as well as @IFA3. Again, I am not sure if the new conversion tool puts them in A2 or A3 folder cause I have not used the new tool. Then use the command line on the wiki to start IFA3 - I believe you need the mods loaded in the proper order that is listed on the wiki page. A note, I believe with the new A3 patch it broke a lot of sounds and also the panzerschrek seems to cause the game to crash to desktop so if you get it running avoid units with the panzerschrek. Hope this all gets fixed in the next IFA3 patch.

cheers

k

@ Murrs84

Try the IF fan forum to get hands on support.

Otherwise please be patient and wait for Play withSIX to get fixed.

@ ikmn

Thanks for trying to help; unfortunately your advice is partially outdated and such will only confuse people. :)

PS: panzerschrek CTD will be fixed in the next patch indeed.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Hotfix for sound changes

Files:

---

• AiA_FirstLoaded.pbo (put to @AllInArmaStandalone\addons / @AllInArmaStandaloneLite\addons / @AllInArma\Core\addons)
  • AiA_Sounds.pbo (put to @AllInArmaStandalone\addons / @AllInArmaStandaloneLite\addons / @AllInArma\Core\addons)
  • AiA_Sounds_IF.pbo (put to @IFA3\addons)

Download at:

---

Mega mirror

GoogleDrive mirror