.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Sorry for being lazy but could someone put what is needed and the download links here ?

Follow this setup guide for Arma 3 and see also quote below.

@ Jazzman you have to unzip the patch.exe until patch.exe has TOH icon, then make shortcut from it and launch it with -incurrentfolder parameter. Make sure that patch.exe is in same folder where your mod is.

This is very complex to set up, having great difficulties, would appreciate a clearer guide on setting up, sorry to be a pain in the arse noob, but would really love to play this online as it looks fantastic, if only I could get it working.

How about this:

Came from this tutorial: http://withsix.com/blog/iron-front-in-arma---the-easy-way

Does anyone know if the mod still requires Arma 2? As the setup guide does not says so, but the tutorial video does. Btw, you guys might wanna check how many files there are available on Six, because when you type in the search bar Iron Front you get like 9 files for the mod.

Edited by Necramonium

Manual install

1. Install Iron Front and update it, if you have dlc you can install it too.

2. Download IFA3SA 2014 09 29, @IFA3 and latest CBA A3 extract them to your Arma 3 modfolder

Conversion process

1. Download and install IronFrontArmaConversion

2. Run IronFrontArmaConversion, set the path for A2 and OA to your A3 directory, hit Create IF Arma and wait untill its ready

Updating mod

1. Download IF_A3_Communitypatches 1.05-1.11, 1.11-1.12

If you have dlc installed download IF_dlc_A3_Comminitypatches 1.00-1.01, 1.01-1.06, ja 1.06-1.07 from here. Save patches to your modfolder

2. Extract patches untill they have TOH icon TakeOn-Helicopters-icon-32px.png(make sure that this is same folder where is @LIB_DLC_1 and @IF)

Make shortcut from patch and "-incurrentfolder", repeat this to all patches and now your mod should be playable

Use parameter "-mod=@CBA_A3;@LIB_DLC_1;@IF_Other_Addons;@IF;@IFA3SA;@IFA3M;@IFA3"

Edited by Sakinz

Somehow blanc space will appear if it is in same line --> "-mod=@CBA_A3;@LIB_DLC_1;@IF_Other_Addons;@IF;@IFA3SA;@IFA3M;@IFA3"

and blanc space won't appear if I broke it in two lines like

"-mod=@CBA_A3;@LIB_DLC_1;@IF_Other_Addons;@IF;

@IFA3SA;@IFA3M;@IFA3"

Edited by Sakinz

Hi guys, thanks for the reply and help, sorry to bug people, but is there a way to run the mod without the playwithsix app, as its not compatible with my computer? Is there a manual method, what is it? Thanks in advance.

Edited by StubbleHopper

Use parameter
-mod=@CBA_A3;@LIB_DLC_1;@IF_Other_Addons;@IF;@IFA3SA;@IFA3M;@IFA3

Try changing the boot order the ADDONS, I have encountered this problem a few friends.

-mod=@CBA_A3;@IFA3SA;@IFA3;@IF;@IFA3M;@IF_Other_Addons;@LIB_DLC_1

Very close! A little bird chilped in my ears it can be any day now ;-)

Thanks you ! Play With Six will save the day as always XD looking forward for it , keep up the good work : )

@ Jazzman and StubbleHopper

Best wait for the new PWS version and share collections.

It makes it one click, wait and play essentially.

We are also simplifying the patches and process in general again.

However you guys have to understand that we have restrictions

from the publisher, DeepSilver, we cannot avoid.

@ Necramonium

The A3 conversion is not fully finished and only recently key elements

came to near completion (vehicles, weapons).

Also the setup is quite complicated and with PWS broken the simple option

was not available.

That aside its always hard to establish a mod in MP.

There are some groups and events using Iron Front the game or the A2:CO

version. These will move over to A3 at some point.

So bottom line you have to team up with other WW2 fans and your friends

to get things going. :)

Finally on the wiki pages you find the server listed/links.

@ Nikiforos

There are three options:

1) Download LITE version and play

2) Convert IF to IFA3 via PWS (takes care of everything)

2) Convert IF to IFA3 via manual process (tool/batch) and patch it; finally also get IFA3

Wait a few days for the updated docu, working PWS version and new full patches.

@ Necramonium

For Iron Front in Arma 3, one can use AiA SA (lite) or the new IFA3SA (standalone) package.

The mod situation in complex, but necessary.

However for PWS with a set of shared collections we will provide it is very simple.

@ joveChiere

Please upload the rpt log file when you have issues with the suggested modline. Ty!

Just a question, if I go through the easiest option (PWS update) will it be necessary to run PWS to play with this IFA3 ? I run all mods with a launcher right now and I want to keep it that way.

BTW thanks the great work :)

Edited by Nikiforos

So, there are basically no servers to play on for Arma 3, why did i even bother trying to install. :j:

So, there are basically no servers to play on for Arma 3, why did i even bother trying to install. :j:

This mod is dedicated to communities, we have a lot of fun with it.

Did any unit got its class name changed ?

Just wondering because i've got issues getting to work a mission i made months ago under IFA3 1.11.

@ Nikiforos

Sure custom launcher is fine as long as you can define the mod load order as required.

@ Necramonium

SP, editor, modding, joining other events or communities.

@ vinceXD

Not that I am aware of. Please upload the rpt log file.

The installation of IF is done but not at the same drive as Arma3. I hope it's not a problem.

I also installed PWS and now I will just wait for the update in the next days so I can run the convertion. Or should I use PWS now to convert?

The installation of IF is done but not at the same drive as Arma3. I hope it's not a problem.

Wasn't a problem for me so you should be also okay.

I also installed PWS and now I will just wait for the update in the next days so I can run the convertion. Or should I use PWS now to convert?

No dude I think PWS still has problems, we need wait for the update otherwise you will get missing files

51pzic.png

Error, does anyone have a pre-community patches SFV to verify converted PBO's?

Seems the error is only in lib_blitzkrieg.pbo, does IF Lite have this PBO?

Edited by Pulstar

@ Nikiforos and St. Jimmy

Iron Front the game can be on any drive - no need to have it on the same drive as A3.

@ Pulstar

I have uploaded to the files section: IronFrontDataHashesForAllVersions.7z.

Thanks .kju, downloading the Lite archive, less time than converting from scratch :D

just my luck, that particular PBO isnt in the Lite version :(

Edited by Pulstar

@ Pulstar

That would not work - lite and full files are completely different in terms of hashes.

Just remove all but this one from your @IFTheGame\IF\addons and run the conversion again.

It will only convert the one file and you are set to apply the patch.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

=== Announcement ===

In the process of publishing the new full patches (1.05 to 1.12 and DLC 1.00 to 1.07),

as well as PWS support back along with shared collections. Stay tuned. :bounce3:

Yo I have a question Mr. White :)

So I have the IF installed and the only thing I have to do is u to update and to make PSW support the update , correct?

I don't have to manually update IF to a certain level , everything is automatic?

Thank you :)