Given today is September 11th and as a vet... I should be doing other things than gaming, but then again when you shoot virtual Iranians, life is okay and I'm sure everybody understands.

Anyway after a good game with Jack Sparrow [sFOD-D] on his server (as well as a few others, I like a server where the idiot gamers are low), I had to scavenge off the dead and managed to live for a bit as my rustiness showed (ran out of bullets for my IAR) and kept the scope, and had to scavenge off a dead CSAT for his rifle. So... I decided "what the fuck?" and made an "HK615" that is in all actuality a rechambered HK416 in 6.5x39mmCL (Katiba). So in essence it's a futuristic SR-47/74 as well why not?

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip395.jpg

So... I decided "what the fuck?" and made an "HK615" that is in all actuality a rechambered HK416 in 6.5x39mmCL (Katiba). So in essence it's a futuristic SR-47/74 as well why not?

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip395.jpg

I would call it NORICO type418 as probably some chinese gunsmiths on CSAT ranks would easely reverse engineer the HK design for such idea ;)

Maybe EvanCat could add it to his alternative CSAT mod (which I use religiously as I can´t stand the bugheaded opfor)

cheers!

Nope, it's an HK and that's final. Thanks for the idea (a good one actually) but somebody could do that, not me. I've thought about an M4 version (early ideas) but as I told somebody else, I've dealt with the M4/M16 series for fifteen plus years so it's not anything new, I want to move on and deal with the HK416 family instead. I have no qualms either but for now it's Heckler and Koch.

Hey man love the weapon pack. Just a heads up i didn't see the hk416 in your ammo box.

That's a bad on me, as using VAS and Arsenal I rarely update the Ammo Box, but will do so.

Some good news, I finally fixed the AT4 so once I get it confirmed it works, I'll bring it back.

That's a bad on me, as using VAS and Arsenal I rarely update the Ammo Box, but will do so.

Some good news, I finally fixed the AT4 so once I get it confirmed it works, I'll bring it back.

No worries man, just thought i'd help you out and let you know. And i'll be looking forward to seeing the AT4

Yep and thanks :)

Yep the AT4 works so far so yes, it will be back :)

---------- Post added at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

Okay the weapon is re-integrated into the pack, only issue is I'm getting double entries in Arsenal (sometimes it's better than going through VAS, etc.).

And I kinda was wrong about the M4/M16 work, as I did some custom work for 7-75 Regiment, integrated some flip up sights in lieu of the old front sight post due to sight issues. And it turned out it was a good idea and pretty neat when done right:

wip396.jpg

That's actually my personal M4 I take out every once in awhile but the reason I don't like doing M4s is that Robert Hammer's are quite beautiful and you can only get so much out of A2 models anyway. The front sight mount is "EricJ Industries" as I made it up and looks quite good for an M4 system.

Yep and thanks :)

Yep the AT4 works so far so yes, it will be back :)

---------- Post added at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

Okay the weapon is re-integrated into the pack, only issue is I'm getting double entries in Arsenal (sometimes it's better than going through VAS, etc.).

And I kinda was wrong about the M4/M16 work, as I did some custom work for 7-75 Regiment, integrated some flip up sights in lieu of the old front sight post due to sight issues. And it turned out it was a good idea and pretty neat when done right:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip396.jpg

That's actually my personal M4 I take out every once in awhile but the reason I don't like doing M4s is that Robert Hammer's are quite beautiful and you can only get so much out of A2 models anyway. The front sight mount is "EricJ Industries" as I made it up and looks quite good for an M4 system.

Do you plan on adding this to your wepon pack? It'd be a welcome addition for me at least :)

EricJ,can you add to your weapon pack a SCAR-L SV(long barrel like SCAR-H SV have) and SCAR-H STD(middle legth barrel)? P.S And how about SCARs fire selector animation?

Barrel variations on SCARs no problem. Realize I'm not going to honor more requests as I got enough on my plate as is. Though I managed to get the M4 sneaked in as well, just remember that the side proxy is on the left side of the RIS, not the right, so it'll throw off some side accessory mounts that use a TOP setting, like FHQ and RH's accessories. Otherwise it works as it should as that was a personal preference downrange (I just didn't like pressure pads, due to tape reliability issues rather than actual performance) so I like it like that.

Fire selector animation? Maybe or maybe not. The reason is I tried doing that with the IARs and I think the "Safety" feature (which no, will not be removed) throws it off cycle, as for some reason programmers think that weapons don't have safeties as a Safety feature is not hard-coded, so I have to make do with the R3F setup. Even then, the selector switch for the HK416 and the M4 don't work for some reason, even though in real life it goes a full 180 degrees (from Safe to Semi, then Burst/Full Auto) and the game somehow just can't make it happen, even when set to full 360. I may tinker with it but I'm not going to promise anything nor commit to an answer until I get it to work reliably.

Edited by EricJ

Barrel variations on SCARs no problem. Realize I'm not going to honor more requests as I got enough on my plate as is. Though I managed to get the M4 sneaked in as well, just remember that the side proxy is on the left side of the RIS, not the right, so it'll throw off some side accessory mounts that use a TOP setting, like FHQ and RH's accessories. Otherwise it works as it should as that was a personal preference downrange (I just didn't like pressure pads, due to tape reliability issues rather than actual performance) so I like it like that.

Fire selector animation? Maybe or maybe not. The reason is I tried doing that with the IARs and I think the "Safety" feature (which no, will not be removed) throws it off cycle, as for some reason programmers think that weapons don't have safeties as a Safety feature is not hard-coded, so I have to make do with the R3F setup. Even then, the selector switch for the HK416 and the M4 don't work for some reason, even though in real life it goes a full 180 degrees (from Safe to Semi, then Burst/Full Auto) and the game somehow just can't make it happen, even when set to full 360. I may tinker with it but I'm not going to promise anything nor commit to an answer until I get it to work reliably.

so you wont make fire selector anim, but scar barrel variations will be as the background wright?P.S I dont force you to do that

I know you're not forcing me and it's all good man. I will lean to probably not with the anim, though it shouldn't be too difficult looking at it in-game, but I wouldn't hold your breath either.

I know you're not forcing me and it's all good man. I will lean to probably not with the anim, though it shouldn't be too difficult looking at it in-game, but I wouldn't hold your breath either.

and scars barrel variants will be as the background?

They're already done man, gotta add them to the config and do the inventory images.

They're already done man, gotta add them to the config and do the inventory images.

if its SCAR-L SV and SCAR-H STD-greatly appriciated

Yeah man no problem as it's a slow Saturday and don't got much shit to do listening to some good tunes so I'm kinda relaxed today.

Yeah man no problem as it's a slow Saturday and don't got much shit to do listening to some good tunes so I'm kinda relaxed today.

yeah,my internet went dead since 13:00, so i am reading books all day long its relaxing too

Edited by Kukaracho

Cool shit man, well the rifles will be in the next update and I'll see about the selector switch.

Cool shit man, well the rifles will be in the next update and I'll see about the selector switch.

OK,thanks

Yep and if I get the selector switch working properly or not I'll post it here whenever.

Glad the m4 made it in looking forward to it. Also good to hear about the scars love the scar-l so :-) keep up the good work

Thanks man, as I've been talking via PM to gatordev who's helped me catch some errors so yeah if there aren't any more issues it'll be soon.

---------- Post added at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

Well good news, I managed to get the selector switch on the SCARs (fuck there's a lot of them...) working. It's not perfect but on Semi and Safe its parked on Semi, while Full Auto rotates 90 degrees to the right to work properly.

Thanks man, as I've been talking via PM to gatordev who's helped me catch some errors so yeah if there aren't any more issues it'll be soon.

---------- Post added at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

Well good news, I managed to get the selector switch on the SCARs (fuck there's a lot of them...) working. It's not perfect but on Semi and Safe its parked on Semi, while Full Auto rotates 90 degrees to the right to work properly.

sweet well if you need a tester shoot me a pm i'll help ya out if i can.

Right now one is enough but will do if needed.