Also for the S-94s I'm going to remove the skin variations in lieu of the Appearance system, since it limits selections based on faction, and since the S-94s are Civilian there is no need to maintain different versions, just the base S-94 with the ability to set various colors in the Eden editor (for those mission makers who actually use them).

The other half of the Kiowa:

wip1819.jpg

I'm going to shoot for an end of the week release for RC25 though, maybe sooner depending how I feel

After that:

- Kiowa update, at least with the Sig [uSMC] textures, probably tomorrow as it's almost time for me to get to bed.

- AH-1Z pure, no Franken stuff. I've mentioned that I was going to get to it, and frankly will and started to work on getting the textures at least working with the port. Not sure on most of the features (folding blades, static rotor holders, etc). But a standalone version is in the works, just have to stop tweaking the UH-60 pack.

- Gun pack probably do some texture tweaking as well as probably some armor variations, well more like some other BIS armor in Multicam but again nothing major. Most of the energy is being devoted to the helos at the moment as the gun pack is fairly stable, and probably will incrementally work on the Black River PMC stuff to get that trucking. The helos that I'm planning will more than likely be just some Orcas and the like, much like the A2 PMC unit. But with of course Western weapons as opposed to Russian stuff, just for variety's sake.

- Also ACE3 Fastrope for the UH-1Y, haven't forgotten...

• Like 1

Eric.......you are ballin' outta control man lol. Thanks a zillion. Next time I'm in your town lemme buy you some drinks or something!!

~S

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtbW9mbzNKaEJpUkE/view?usp=sharing

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ADuke's OH-58 Kiowa AC7
- Improved external textures courtesy of Sig (USMC)

Thanks Foxhound!

A general Desert Tan scheme for the NATO faction for the helos:

wip1820.jpg

wip1821.jpg

As well as tweaking the TADS on the XX-92s:

wip1822.jpg

• Like 1

Eric.......you are ballin' outta control man lol. Thanks a zillion. Next time I'm in your town lemme buy you some drinks or something!!

~S

Lol no problems man, just let me know.

A generic black scheme. This will form the basis (tomorrow as the emblem is coming more into frutiion, at least in my mind anyway) for the Black River PMC unit, which will essentially use a "surplus" Blackhawk, or just something to have as OPFOR, even though an Orca would be easier to buy PMC-wise and this example will be available to the NATO faction:

wip1823.jpg

wip1824.jpg

• Like 1

Basic Black River PMC texture, nothing fancy:

wip1825.jpg

wip1826.jpg

hese looks great!  Camo to think of something:  Could Sling Loading feature be used for players/Ai ,as a hoist?  Would be neat,and already in the game,not to hard to make work,acctually ....What you think?

I think the game engine supports only one slingload point, which makes it impossible to do this. Besides the game only recognizes sling points that are built into the model so BIS would have to redo all the soldier models to support that feature anyway.

There is a spyrigging mod, just saw it the other day on PWS. Hadn't gotten it or tried it or anything. At least I think that's what it is, I don't speak German so......

http://withsix.com/p/Arma-3/mods/h-tZrEIHuk-05oFGXC-ubg/exfiltration-grappe-ace3

I found it using a generic search of "helicopter" on PlaywithSix

Lemme know how it goes? 

EricJ.....the more I look at that desert skin the more I like it. Looks purdy lol......

~S

Like the update for this!     -I was thinking about the Fulton mod-add a balloon-type thing and insert player at a particular height ,then inside .Without the balloon .

Well,just a somewhat odd idea .   Can`t wait to fly the XX-92!  Can you buff the armor of these things?  They are supposed to be the future -  they stand more punishment? 

Robert... Maybe but that's a mod and I don't speak German, or whatever language that is.

John1: They do have additional armor, just that in order to lift and that performance there has to be some compromises. Besides it's not a Hind, nor is it intended. Even going on the basis of Avatar, not even those things were able to handle (Scorpions and Samsons) pterodactyl-alien bird thingamajigs, so no, the armor is where it should be. Even the basic BIS Ghost hawk can take some punishment, but I'm not going to model them as light helos, and so on, and so forth.

Finally sat down for a minute and worked out some Black River PMC units:

Helicopter pilot:

wip1827.jpg

And for the weapons pack eventually:

Black River PMC Soldier

wip1828.jpg

The overall intent is to keep them fairly generic (it may change, we'll see) but overall is a way to keep it light on mod necessities and so on.

That looks way cool!!!

And yeah lol...I was having the same issue with it, no sprechen lol....... when I installed it from PWS it shows up, but there is no addons, no .pbo, and also no .sqf or .init, so looking like a bust. Too bad......

~S

Well hopefully I can get the uniform to look right, going to have to do some digging in the config viewer to get the unit right. As for that mod... It still uses the slingload bit so it won't be any different, though I think that's a FRIES system.

That's pretty close to spy rigging yes? I'm not an Army guy so the difference would be lost on me!

~S

Well the way john1 suggests is the actual rescue hoist that is there on the  H-60s rather in the mod you suggest:

Final look for the Black River PMC Helicopter Pilot:

wip1829.jpg

Initial unit work for the Weapons pack, and other than being the wrong scope (now fixed) shows the general look. I may make a custom ruck so they can have a set of NVGs in the bag as well as some additional gear, along with a couple RGOs (easily fixed):

wip1830.jpg

And final look of the Black, and Black River PMC UH-60M:

wip1831.jpg

Also on the note of the helos.. If you catch me on either the 173rd server, or any other server and I'm flying the Ghost Hawk, please feel free to stop telling me to retract the gear... I know it retracts (I have 4422 hours in the game already) so don't need to be reminded it. Given that I'm We tod did on that issue should just be left alone. Besides I don't think retracting the gear helps anyway, and never had any issues with them down. Besides I'm so "special" that I'll forget to extend them, and just one less thing to worry about.

Pretty much since they're on the H-60s, which reminds me I may have to see about removing them anyway if they're not on current birds.

Bah.....it's a nice piece of eye candy!!! Plus the HH-60G, as do the images of the HH-60W, so...... :ph34r:

~S

So what? I have no plans on working on the HH-60 anytime soon. Besides the USAF Mod is doing one already.