Hey Eric, since you have spruced up the Cobra cockpit for your new AH-96 chopper, would you consider releasing a normal rotor Cobra as well?All the other mods are using the old A2 one with the old cockpit-it is really showing it's age now.

I have floated the idea of including a port with the UH-1Y but so far not have done so obviously. I could probably transfer the geometries (same positions, etc.) and so on so can do probably in the future.

That is an accurate statement lol....And they sound just abysmal now as well. I'm so not impressed with any of the Cobra mods that I plumb refuse to fly them lol. 

~S

Unfortunately like others I have the same models they do so as said above I can see what I can do.

Tweaked the Green duct fans so they look correct:

wip1770.jpg

And more USMC weathering. I jacked the shark mouth from a skin I did for DCS BS2 on the nose:

wip1771.jpg

• Like 2

Added the rails for the ASRAAMs (when they decide to show up):

wip1772.jpg

As well as cockpit retexturing:

wip1773.jpg

wip1774.jpg

• Like 2

Current skin progress:

wip1775.jpg

wip1776.jpg

wip1777.jpg

Current AH-96 issues:
- Some reason the ASRAAMs don't show properly, even with the Sample Models proxies. May look into creating some kind o' missile to make it work, even though it should...

- M197 barrels don't rotate and for some reason doesn't move with the gun. Otherwise gun and FLIR ball moves properly

As well as adjusting the Medevac UH-92:

wip1778.jpg

• Like 2

And finally got the Cherokee Supply Container fully able to be lifted:

wip1779.jpg

And at the minimum a Ghost Hawk can lift them as well:

wip1780.jpg

I'm hoping to do basic Supply (shown), Repair, Medical, and of course a Fuel container given the low weight compared to the Huron containers.

• Like 1

And a cheap starting Fuel container:

wip1781.jpg

wip1782.jpg

wip1783.jpg

• Like 1

Worked on the texture a bit (looks much better...). I managed to code a repair container as well (haven't tested it as of yet though) but overall the "look" of the military containers:

wip1784.jpg

• Like 1

How about making the edges of the "vine cutters" red or black-and-yellow as a warning since they are sharp. A warning tape along the edge might look good.

Nope, not even the Avatar ones had warnings. Besides even standing below the fans the default generic height doesn't even come close to them. Besides if they're floating into the rotors its a matter of high ping and nothing I can control.

Current lineup of cargo containers. The blue, Green,and Tan came with the original download so I included them. When dropped via Zeus they essentially are supply crates to a degree. The Fuel and Repair containers have ToolKits (BIS) included and the Supply Containers can be setup for various unit specific mods and equipment, etc. Much like the Supply crates. Given the basic geometry (it lierally is a rectangle, with some small rectangles for sling points, etc) I will down the line put more detail into it, so it's not just texture:

wip1785.jpg

As well as more AH-96 Coyote cockpit tweaking texture-wise:

wip1786.jpg

Okay so far no luck with the Repair Container, but it's in game at least... Need to add the Repair functions from ACE. I may push for Monday or even tomorrow, but given the issues with the AH-96 (barrels no rotate, no muzzleflash, and ASRAAMs somehow not appearing correctly) I may as well get the AH-96 out to get more feedback as right now honestly those are the only Major Issues that it has (and more tweaking on the textures down the road.

On the gun front I tweaked some alpha channels on the 3D ACOGs, changing an RVMAT so when during various lighting conditions you can see shit, which at some angles you obviously cant. It's better though, which is good.

As far as the containers go, I've been pondering making it a standalone mod for various milsim units, so instead of always having to use a Huron you can use something else to lift gear. If there's interest after the helo release I will do so.

• Like 1

On a whim found out that even a Hellcat can lift these:

wip1787.jpg

• Like 1

I love the franken-helis. Any chance for a modified Apache? I noticed the Alien's dropship used a similar cockpit to the Apache so it fit the ARMA 2035  timeline with an updated Apache. Keep up the great work.

I have considered the Franken-Apache but not right now of course, I got so many other things going on that I'll look into it, just not now.

• Like 1

Okay talked with the ACE3 team and so far it seems that the hitpoints reflect the ability to repair so given I use vanilla hitpoint designations it should repair fine, I guess with AFM it fixes wheels too but really not so much a priority given I want to get it out given some glaring problemes with the other birds that needed to be addressed. Right now I can upload "as is" and get some leeway with the AH-96. Other than some obvious things (barrels don't rotate, no muzzleflash, as well as glitched missiles as far as proxies). Other than that it's pretty much still WIP and will hopefully get some more feedback on it for a later version.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtSjlDeG5qcFgtS0k/view?usp=sharing

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

UH-60 Pack RC24
- Fixed Shadow LOD of the M197/DAGR MH-60S.
- Added an "MH-67", and other than being a reskin, has the typical SOAR equipment that can be found on the MH-80.
- Tweaked various geometries on the -60 models.
- Fixed mapping issues on the M230 Chain gun on all models.
- Added another variant of the UH-92, the UH-92 MEV, which is equivalent to the H-60 version. It of course supports ACE3 Medical operations.
- Moved the UH-92 and MEV to the US Army faction (will show up in Eden as such).
- Fixed the shadows for the ESSS equipped H-60s.
- Added an "AH-96 Coyote", which is a ducted fan version of today's AH-1Z Super Cobra, it is available for the USMC, US Army, and the NATO faction (Metric HUD as well).
- Darkened Rattler seeker heads.
- DAGRs fire from the correct positions on the wings for the MH-92 DAPs.
- Fixed XX-92 series Formation light strips.
- Fixed various file paths for textures.
- Fixed MH-92 DAP (M230/DAGR/Rattler) action menu, now has same (other than no door controls) menu systems as the other -92 series.
- MH-92 DAP (M230/DAGR/HF) changed to MH-92 DAP (M230/DAGR/Rattler), classname is the same
- Added a non ESSS equipped Medevac UH-60.
- Tweaked roll rates on the XX-92 series, as well as the S-94s.
- Cleaned up UH-60L cockpit, instruments look correct on the frame as well as fixed various needles, improving the look slightly.
- FIxed a missing leg on the door gunner seats on the XX-92 military/PMC versions.
- Rattlers have improved performance
- Military/PMC XX-92s can self designate (along with MH-60 DAPs) via ACE3 if used.

KNOWN ISSUES (RC24)
- AH-96 barrels don't rotate
- No muzzleflash (AH-96)
- Proxies is wrong for some reason (even when linked properly) for the ASRAAMs, but otherwise functional
- Repair Container no worky, still need to work on some more with finding out what config entry fixes it.

• Like 1

G'day Eric,

Thanks for the release. Will be downloading ASAP and giving it a try. Looking forward to taking the Coyote for a spin.

Thanks Kari!

I hope so too, the HUD should look good too or at least work. It was kind of finicky before uploading it so hopefully it'll work...

G'day Eric,

Had time to do a quick flight test tonight. Apart from the issues you listed, the only issue I have found is the Nato and US Army versions both have the USMC skins.

Really enjoyed the performance of the bird.

Would it be possible to give control of the gun and rockets to the pilot and leave the missiles and laser with the gunner?.

Thanks Foxhound!

I may allow the pilot to have the rockets but no gun. I'm not sure of the weapons control on a Cobra so I'll have to look around and ask some SMEs on that issue. But probably just rockets. There is a separate (NATO) version, and may be because I did not set it to ForceInGarage=1; or something like that. If you place it in the Editor you can also select the skin for the appropriate faction as well at the bottom.

Ugh, the Ah-96 feels like a bathtub filled with bricks. I think it is because it is based on Helicopter_Base_F rather then the Blackfoot. Even Apache is more nimble. Don't get me wrong, all I'm saying is that the flight model needs some tweaks as it doesn't feel good ATM (fun fact: the Operation Trebuchet at first had very similar problem, the D-77 Pelican handled worse then an oil tanker). I think that the Ah-96 should feel much more nippy and be especially good at banking.

G'day Eric,

Have had a chance to continue testing the Coyote today. I snapped a couple of photos to show you.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=758956914 ico_external_link.gif

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=758956866 ico_external_link.gif

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=758956816 ico_external_link.gif

Shot 1 is of the Coyote in USMC Livery.   Shot 2 is meant to be the Coyote in US Army Livery, but as you can see it is in USMC colours. Shot 3 is the Coyote in NATO colours, but it too is in USMC colours as well. When you have a moment, would you mind investigating this issue please?

With regard to the weapon controls, I was reading that both the Pilot and Gunner could operate the gun of a Super Cobra, but however you decide to configure the weapons control will be cool.

Thanks.