I agree about keeping the sniper scopes from going into your eye, but hopefully there's a happy medium where the optics don't have to go all the way back up to the magwel.

20120221_212529.jpg

Best reference I can find that's more descriptive

any idea on how to fix the textures?

They worked fine for me in his last update. Unless there is something specific I'm missing.

Yeah.... but do you have a P: drive Banky? And Kaxii doesn't?

argh double post the second post said what was in this one

On mine they still aren't fixed, although now all the guns have icons the textures are still white. Also yeah I dont have a :P drive so if thats how to fix then I can't fix it :(

Okay that's a theory and and it was just proven. To get the "P" drive you have to download the Arma3 BI Tools that's FREE and once you install it eventually you'll get a "P" drive (a partition) for modding. How it's causing this issue is well... beyond my control, but shows that its not a problem on my end, more like on BI's end.

hmmmmm I guess I could do that, another thing though have you asked any other weapon modders if they can find the source of the texture problem?

I have but so far no reply. I don't think it's specifically a weapon issue, could be an O2/BI Tools issue as well. There was mention of this problem before but nobody has said what fixed it or what the solution was.

/////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/U100AC6.zip

////////////////////////////////////////

Known issues:

- Textures won't show if you don't have a P: Drive (The Modding tools from Steam sets this up). Still working on this issue though I may have found some help (maybe).

Added/fixed

-EGLMs are added, and use only BIS standard 40mm grenades (all types).

- Icons for the Inventory slots are for both EGLM versions (ONLY Standard L/H) are added.

- Scopes now moved back for now. I know it's tied but I still can adjust them as necessary for best effects.

Recoil... I have never fired the SCAR (any version) in real life so I will stick with Arma2 values for now until more feedback comes to me to adjust it, then I'll see what I can do.

I think there is something around here already that's doing that. I think the MX is alright personally so I don't worry about it, besides I just do "removeallweapons this" on the soldier init field and manually pick out what I need from placed ammoboxes.

After some time to cool off, I finally figured out the issue (not binarizing the rtm) and managed to get this:

wip84.jpg

This one is a personal weapon but... I can finally animate (at least custom hand animations) for the SCARs and Ultimaxes.

You could always use the arma2 OA scar hand anims. It also helps to ensure proper weapon model placment in O2. Most of the time the hands are pretty close. BI rtm weapon files work great though. Also am I getting this correct you are modding without a P drive? How's that working out for you? I will gladly help with anything if you need it. Sorry I caught this post late

I am modding WITH a P drive, that's the weird thing. I'm doing all of the work on this project in that folder. I followed a topic and no luck so far but I did learn a few things so... who knows what will work. I'll add those if I can find them again and see how that goes.

Where do you find these modding tools on steam?

Open up your Steam client and click on "Library/Tools" and a list of various tools will show up. Find Arma 3 Tools and install.

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 ----------

/////////////////////////////////////

Updated PBO

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/U100AC7.zip

//////////////////////////////////////

Readme included for classnames

Continuous issue:

- White textures. Hopefully some advice in another may have "fixed" the issue.

Updates

- Anims from Arma2 used on SCARs right now. Due to the current feeling about hand positioning after some more exploration I'm not sure right now how to go with it for the U100, but I'll keep working that issue.

New scar hand positions are great on the scar L, but on the H the left hand is just behind the hand grip. Love the progress though, and the Ultimax is a beast! Have you considered replacing the tip of that weird barrel bis has on the short scar H?

As you're the only person to worry about it.... no unless again... some kind of consensus/opinion is reached on it.

///////////////////////////////////

NEW PBO

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/U100AC8.zip

/////////////////////

-Fixed SCAR-H vertical grips

- Texture issue still present but works if you have P drive. Banky I'll add you to the list of helpers when I can but readme unchanged.

You don't have to worry about that, I haven't done any manual labor lol, I'm just glad to give my humble (and probably somewhat selfish) opinion on something that I'll be using quite a lot. And thanks again for all the time you're pouring into this.

No problems, it has been quite a learning experience. I've been thinking about the M110 though any interest?

Of course.

Here are some shots of EricJ's hard work in action:

2013_12_21_00001.jpg

2013_12_21_00002.jpg

2013_12_21_00003.jpg

In the last shot you can see the barrel I've been harassing him about. ;)

Hopefully you find a fix for the white textures.... even if i see them white i like them allready