Love that prototype rifle, and looking forward to the other hk 416's as well :-)

Well so far to keep it sane I was asked to do a 16-inch barreled version which doesn't seem to unrealistic (HK is pimping the A5 version so may just go with that since I added some features into the HK615), but I'll have to see as I'm rechecking some ballistic issues I had fixed, and condensed some ammunition values and other minuatae. I have to add some basic rounds for the MCR anyway, so I'll definitely add standard ball and Mk262 done of course by Spartan0536 into the mix since they seem so unused to me. I've got some other stuff in the mix so once I get the MCR sorted model-wise I'll probably add it in the next update.

So I may release the MCR as is and see what feedback i get but I like to use the "If I can kill a fireteam/squad with the weapon by myself" it's good enough for me anyway, so more combat testing over the week will be done as I haven't used his other ammo so have to get a feel for it.

Edited by EricJ

This is a small A3 specific guide for some virtual pilots out there, so if this PDF offends you, tough shit:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/JFO-JTACGuide.7z

---------- Post added at 23:16 ---------- Previous post was at 23:04 ----------

Besides that some MCR shots (current build anway in-game):

wip400.jpg

wip401.jpg

I took it on the [JTG] Server and the M861 (Spartan0536's 20 inch SPR M855), the fictional name I gave the caseless 5.56mm, did good. I'm not a fan of ball ammo so yeah, it's good enough as I killed another squad and some fireteams with that and the mk318 ammo, so I like it, just have to give the Mk262 a workout and I'll probably put more time into working on the model.

---------- Post added at 23:18 ---------- Previous post was at 23:16 ----------

Oh yeah for your aspiring JTACs (for Arma 3 at least):

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/JTACCheatSheet.7z

Yes I know it still has "J-SERE" stuff on it, so yeah it stays for now.

Hey Eric, just tried to download your JTAC guide and got a permission denied screen.

Damn... Okay no problem, 50megs just hasn't moved on to 7z in years but still a great host:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/JFO-JTACGuide.zip

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/JTACCheatSheet.zip

I'll admit its a bit of a rant but from what I've seen though... I had to get something off my chest. I think with any feedback/requests I can always add more but the gist will probably stay the same.

Just downloaded them to my tablet know. Thanks for the quick work and update. Looking forward to your next release.

Yep.

Took the 20-inch SPR Mk262 out and while I managed to get 38 kills before dying I still have this "meh" feel to the round. Not a slight against Spartan0536's values but just an overall it seems a little less on the knockdown power (which I understand the round was designed for longer ranged engagements) and combat reports say its good, I've just had better effects with the Mk318, so it's more or less my impression, again not a slight against the ammo. Since I was a line guy in the US Army I dealt with M855 so yeah anyway, it works and that's an option for the MCR. I may also add Mk262 ammo for my weapons as well, and eventually get the RH config back in order.

By the way since I wanted to say it anyway, here's the gear I use:

TFA Gear

Weapon being tested with TMR Autorest

AT4

Ammo

Some hapless server and sometimes I run missions by myself on LAN.

Normal range testing (pop ups and the like:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/Range.Stratis.zip

It's a no frills map with a VAS ammo box where you spawn in. I use it through the Editor and is Zeus enabled as well.

Edited by EricJ

Oh yeah I also use a custom designed "Glock 45CL" that I made because the Four-Five is shit and while the ACP-A2 is a reliable weapon its ammo capacity is well, limited and i rarely use it.

Oh yeah I also use a custom designed "Glock 45CL" that I made because the Four-Five is shit and while the ACP-A2 is a reliable weapon its ammo capacity is well, limited and i rarely use it.

I think that is the one thing that is lacking in a3, good handguns. Got any pics of the glock? Wouldn't mind if that made it into your weapon pack as well :-)

I think that is the one thing that is lacking in a3, good handguns. Got any pics of the glock? Wouldn't mind if that made it into your weapon pack as well :-)

Have u tried RH Pistol pack?

I have tried the RH pistol pack, but I wanted something I can use myself, sorta like you buy an AR and you trick it out how you want it? Also because I wanted to figure out how to get a pistol working in-game so now that I do I'm fairly confident on how to apply settings as well. Some of my stuff is half "Hey I would like to use this instead of this" and also "Hey I need to figure out how do to this shit" or just fuck around and make a gun and see how the process goes. So a lot of people get confused given the quality of his work, which I'll say again, is the main reason I don't do M4s. He does brilliant work on them so why should I bother?

The good thing about being a weapons modder is that if you fell that a weapon isn't up to "your" specs, I can go to Object Builder and tweak it out. Not saying that RH produces shit (he just doesn't) but so far its accurate but I prefer Glocks and too lazy to do an HK USP, as i know Flommi (SP?) put out a nice HK, but gobi42, it's basically a redone A2 Glock 17, so it has a larger barrel, takes a suppressor and mounts the MRD exclusively, and the accessory rail forward of the grip can take most accessories (in some cases it'll look messed up due to size and other issues) but I'll do a shot anyway:

wip402.jpg

But for now it's a test weapon so I have no plans on releasing it yet. Maybe when Spartan0536 gets hot on some .45ACP (I use default BIS values for now) I may adapt it, but it's not currently going to be released.

Edited by EricJ

Well yeah... I mean a lot of people come on servers and just annoy the shit out of me and probably some people as well. You figure you don't have to say something but....

Erm for a custom clan pack? Yeah sure just contact me via PM as I don't upload or have no plans in doing so, but a more streamlined pack can be done, just give me a list (well since you're new you can't PM yet so... just post it here and I'll work with you until you can PM me.

Speaking of IARs... I probably did a last barrel length tweak and unless some Marines have any issues or recommendations, I can probably call the weapon complete. I had to adjust Spartan0536s ammo after an azimuth check (mil-speak for double-checking yourself) and I feel better about barrel length but the Mk318 is still very lethal so it's not a bad tweak:

wip403.jpg

Erm for a custom clan pack? Yeah sure just contact me via PM as I don't upload or have no plans in doing so, but a more streamlined pack can be done, just give me a list (well since you're new you can't PM yet so... just post it here and I'll work with you until you can PM me.

Speaking of IARs... I probably did a last barrel length tweak and unless some Marines have any issues or recommendations, I can probably call the weapon complete. I had to adjust Spartan0536s ammo after an azimuth check (mil-speak for double-checking yourself) and I feel better about barrel length but the Mk318 is still very lethal so it's not a bad tweak:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip403.jpg

M27 IARS, all optics the M27 can use, All mags the M27 can use.

if you can do that, that would amazing. Thanks!

Yeah hey, EricJ562 is my Steam ID, therefore I can directly send it to you.

They're not configured to do so.

Just a forewarning for the next release, I've gotten rid of the "scar_mag" and replaced it with the "M4318_mag" (actual classnames) so it'll cause a headache with VAS and other loadouts. So yeah it's a pain in the ass but I felt it was necessary given that barrel length should be the same, and to reduce a magazine when it's redundant with the M4 mag.

The ejected shells of the IARs are flying way too fast imho, looks weird/unnatural as if they had no weight... other than that, it's great! Thanks.

Yep no problem man.

---------- Post added at 16:57 ---------- Previous post was at 15:44 ----------

Well if you ever do make a hk usp hit me up I'll test it. :-)

But as mentioned RH I think did one or the Flommi one is good as well so it'll be a while before I can get to it...

Yep no problem man.

---------- Post added at 16:57 ---------- Previous post was at 15:44 ----------

But as mentioned RH I think did one or the Flommi one is good as well so it'll be a while before I can get to it...

yeah just found the Flommi one. Think i'm going to give it a shot. his tread is dead so maybe he would let you get the textures for it and save you some time :)