Sign in to follow this  
GhostRaven

Ov-10 bronco

Could someone consider making this for OFP?  I tried my hand with 3d Studio Max but only got as far as making a beer can.  Thanks.  fov10_vl.jpg

Lol, two things.

Why did you post this on both flashpoint1985 and OFPEC?

And why did you post a better pic here at flashpoint1985?

The one over on OFPEC was ok I guess, but it only gets you so far.

Again, lol.

Hope someone makes this by the way biggrin.gif

Model is done already and hopefully it gets skinned and imported soon smile.gif

Uh, how do I post pics? confused.gif

Grrrrrreetz

[76]Chavez

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ Sep. 01 2002,14:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe this will be of any help:

s_80.jpg

Can be downloaded here.<span id='postcolor'>

Ack...don't think that's a OV-10. Whoever made that model must have been trying to make something else or just never looked at a picture of an OV-10 while making it as the cockpit is completely different.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

lol,definetely not a bronco,a bronco has a panoramic cockpit

this looks more like a fokker friendship's cockpit

but it would be nice to have a bronco,a FAC and a CAS version preferably smile.gif

well it looked to me like a OV-10 at first glance anyway wink.gif But it said its an S-80 when i came back to look at it again. I never heard of that plane.

Send Drewb99 and send him an email. Or you can find him on Gamesnet in #operationflashpoint

That 3d model is of the Russian Sukhoi S-80..not sure if the real thing has flown yet, its been on the drawing boards since the early 90s.

You need to space your posts out more so they are bigger smile.gif

I have one of those for flightsim...

It is apparently used by the CDF for firefighting purposes, and with all of the recent large fires here in California, I've seen alot of them that looked just like that.

I think thats the same one...

Yes indeed, the OV-10 modern day use is for fighting forest fires.  Its last combat deployment was in the Gulf War and was retiered from the US military in 1994.

Now in drewb99 pic of the bronco, the Hellfires that's on the wings were never used on a bronco

There are photos, videos, artwork, and even a model kit (AirFix's OV-10D NOGS) depicting OV-10s carrying AGM-118 Hellfire anti-tank missiles. While VMO-2 did conduct captive-carry trials with inert Hellfires, the missile was never cleared for use on the Bronco.  Source

Also, with that gun turet on the belly of the aircraft, there would be fuel tanks on the wings where the Hellfires are.

NOGS, or Night Observation Gunship System, was the original OV-10D development. The sponsons were removed, the FLIR turret was installed on a lengthened nose to enable night operations, and an M-197 20mm gun turret (similar to that used on the AH-1 Cobra gunship) was added underneath the fuselage between the sponson locations. External wing fuel tanks were also added. Combat trials with two prototypes were quite successful, however funding was not available to continue. The modifications to enable quick incorporation of the gun system was however incorporated into all D models, although funding never came through to actually use the system. After the combat tests, the bigger (1040shp) engines were made standard on D models and the original sponsons were reinstalled.  Source

But if that ship dose ever see the light of OFP day, I wouldn't complain.

-=Die Alive=-

kewl!!! biggrin.gif

It looks great!!! biggrin.gif

Hope it comes out soon....