wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (wolffy.au) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Was too short for this one, but will give it a go with next one (0.95 / 1.0)!

:) Thanks man

Cheers on the latest release there's lots of good stuff in there that I'm glad to see. I have a question.

Is alives map marker system modular? Can it be removed?

The map marker system (Ctrl LMB on the map) is auto enabled and unfortunately cannot be removed at this point. Is there a clash with something? It does not interfere with the standard BIS marker system.

If necessary we could provide a script/init line to disable it.

Great changes to 0.9, congrats on the release. Fixed a lot of issues i had with my mission plus the new task system looks pretty awesome.

The troop transport task keeps bugging out a lot with only few soldiers getting into the vehicle or soldiers getting into wrong vehicles like combat support vehicles you're RTB'ing with. Also sometimes generated troop transport tasks are pretty ridiculous with troops requesting a transport for a distance of 250m from you while you are 4km away from them.

Awesome release! I can't wait to utilize RHS with ALiVE when RHS releases! It is also great to see all those extra modules be consolidated.

Any chance Clafghan can be looked into again for indexing? There are numerous towns and FOBs that aren't indexed or aren't being indexed properly.

Awesome release! I can't wait to utilize RHS with ALiVE when RHS releases! It is also great to see all those extra modules be consolidated.

Any chance Clafghan can be looked into again for indexing? There are numerous towns and FOBs that aren't indexed or aren't being indexed properly.

Thanks! Will take a look for next one!

Which towns esp.? so we can check if its something deeper (with buildings not defined f.e.)?

grazie!

Thanks! Will take a look for next one!

Which towns esp.? so we can check if its something deeper (with buildings not defined f.e.)?

grazie!

Fareldraguz, Alkhemora, Al_Jebel, Lolosalam, Kenykmheni, Al_Riyal, Marmakur, Machifazar

These towns seem to not index correctly with the military civilian module or with the OPCOM module. It does, however, index correctly with the civilian module, which is very strange. And these towns don't utilize custom buildings or anything fancy either, these are buildings from ArmA2:OA in Takistan and Zargabad.

Edited by Kilo1-1

Congratulations on 0.9 release! Anyway I wanted to ask if you planning translations into more languages at some point. If yes, feel free to contact me via pm, because I would gladly made translation into Czech ;)

May I also request Lingor and Taviana to the list? Those are excellent A2 ported maps. No rush. :bigglasses:

Lingor has not been given permission by Icebreaker to use his Map with Arma 3 (I believe he is in process of remaking Lingor specifically for Arma 3), perhaps this is why this great map has not been considered yet?

This may or may not be related to ALIVE, but has anyone experienced any issues with the following errors and game crashes to desktop? "C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at XXXXXX" Seems to happen quite frequent when using ALIVE...but then again this is my main MOD for when i play so who knows.

Never experienced that in the 1000+ hours of testing ALiVE. I would check the integrity of your install and test with just CBA and ALiVE.

The map marker system (Ctrl LMB on the map) is auto enabled and unfortunately cannot be removed at this point. Is there a clash with something? It does not interfere with the standard BIS marker system.

If necessary we could provide a script/init line to disable it.

It conflicts with sweet markers and AGM map tools/AGM markers. We're trying to decide which marker mod fits our needs best and it's tough for us to test while also running alive. If we could have a init line to disable it, we would be very grateful! I've submitted a support ticket. http://dev.withsix.com/issues/75539

Uploaded new 0.90 version on server, but not starting getting the error below. Anyone got any help to fix it.

ErrorMessage: File x\alive\addons\fnc_analysis\script_component.hpp, line 0: '.eli': '"' encountered instead of '='

Are you running CBA?

Sounds like you might have a corrupt download... no one else seeing this issue atm or we would have heard about it.

Hey another quick question -

Any chance you guys can add the Omaha map from A3 IF to the map list soon? They recently got US forces in and it feels like a good time for some hedgerow combat :D

Any chance you guys can add the Omaha map from A3 IF to the map list soon? They recently got US forces in and it feels like a good time for some hedgerow combat :D

Yeah I need to update my IF install and take another look at those, thanks for reminding me!

---------- Post added at 17:18 ---------- Previous post was at 17:17 ----------

Lingor has not been given permission by Icebreaker to use his Map with Arma 3 (I believe he is in process of remaking Lingor specifically for Arma 3), perhaps this is why this great map has not been considered yet?

Yeah that is one reason, also that Lingor or any of those maps never worked on AiA so impossible to index. Will have to wait until the new versions are released.

---------- Post added at 17:19 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

Congratulations on 0.9 release! Anyway I wanted to ask if you planning translations into more languages at some point. If yes, feel free to contact me via pm, because I would gladly made translation into Czech ;)

Nice! Thanks Evro, we will probably be looking into translations once we get around to V1.0 and all the modules have been set in their final states.

Not just Omaha... All the maps in IF (just bought it ! so super excited) are really nice and worthy of use !

Not just Omaha... All the maps in IF (just bought it ! so super excited) are really nice and worthy of use !

Well the others should ?? be working with ALiVE, possibly not, we indexed those pretty early on in when IF was first released. I'll definately have another look with the latest release.

They all work already (minus Omaha)!

Just Omaha needs to be converted, which raises the question ..

Will we the mission maker , ever be able too self index maps with ingame modules? I know there is the custom objective one (which if I may ask - was it removed? Didn't see it ingame), so in theory could we take a unindexed map, place some modules down, and still play on it?

Edited by Burdy

Sorry in advance for my very limited knowledge of scripting in Arma 3, trying hard to improve, but as a non-programmer with little time i'm having a hard time.

That said, is there an easy way to check the current "ownership" of a custom objective? What i want to do is modify a marker based on the faction ownership of a custom objective. Is that possible with Alive's APIs?

Edited by Kavoriken

They all work already (minus Omaha)!

Just Omaha needs to be converted, which raises the question ..

Will we the mission maker , ever be able too self index maps with ingame modules? I know there is the custom objective one (which if I may ask - was it removed? Didn't see it ingame), so in theory could we take a unindexed map, place some modules down, and still play on it?

Custom Objective has had it's name changed please see this page for all 0.9 renaming and consolidation: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Module_Consolidation

As for indexeing maps yourself, no probably won't happen, it's a time consuming process that is very fiddly.

---------- Post added at 08:54 ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 ----------

Sorry in advance for my very limited knowledge of scripting in Arma 3, trying hard to improve, but as a non-programmer with little time i'm having a hard time.

That said, is there an easy way to check the current "ownership" of a custom objective? What i want to do is modify a marker based on the faction ownership of a custom objective. Is that possible with Alive's APIs?

Not really for a specific objective, we probably need to make a way to do that though.

Not really for a specific objective, we probably need to make a way to do that though.

Alright then, thanks for the answer! Definately would love to see that implemented!

Talking about indexing: Was "Moellevangen" on Bornholm left out on purpose?