spectrersg

TFA - Naval Special Warfare Gear

After a rather idle conversation, an idea popped in my head:

- Is it possible to include in the future T-shirt variants akin to the candidate's uniform (minus the scuba gear and diving capability)?

Personally, I like how those are omitted. It "forces" (so to speak) people to adhere to a proper uniform.

However, once textured, the T-Shirt looks as if actually part of the uniform.

Such an example is found in TRYK's uniforms: http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah283/teriyakid/TRYKs%20Multi-Play%20Uniforms/2014-08-23_00009_zpsca217435.jpg

If I do an ACU, it'd be a one off type of thing like the MARPAT. I can start something, but wont release it until I'm happy with the way it looks. And AlexVestin has that covered. Along with the plethora of the other modders.

I'll tell ya what, Eric, check your PM box.

Fair enough, I just keep my mod usage to a minimum that's all and strictly starting to use your gear more often (actually a lot) but if I can help in other ways besides the PM I'll see what I can do.

Hi SpectreRSG, first of all thanks, really nice and very usefull units.. our community use them all the time.

I send you a PM about an error that i encounter on the config of the ATACs and MARPAT units (wrong uniformclass).. also the correct placement of the "icon". Hope it helps.

Thanks again for your work!

Edited by Scar.arg

Hi SpectreRSG, first of all thanks, really nice and very usefull units.. our community use them all the time.

I send you a PM about an error that i encounter on the config of the ATACs and MARPAT units (wrong uniformclass).. also the correct placement of the "icon". Hope it helps.

Thanks again for your work!

I was unable to replicate any sort of error with the uniform class. Unless you can provide a .rpt file or error screenshot, there's nothing to fix...Thanks for the PM though.

ACU is looking like it'll be green-lit.

Looking into the possibility of adding MARPAT Boonie/8 point. No helmets as my .psd for the MICH helmet is missing... Sorry for those who requested it.

Otherwise, I'm possibly looking to incorporate the two of the RIPSTOP variants of Kryptek Camo. Right now its Mandrake and Nomad. Depending on they come out, I'll also include Highlander. Thoughts?

Oh, now that you mention it, SpectreRSG, the request I made for the white helmets were actually of the FAST variant.

I am part of a community where we do mostly airborne spec-ops oriented missions and we like to look the part.

On that note, would it also be possible to make a DOU variant of the FAST helmet?

On the note of headgear as well, what of rangemaster style caps in various camos? The vanilla green is good but a tan or coyote brown or even khaki one wouldn't go bad.

As for the Kryptek Camo, I'm not too fond of it, but I can't argue with its capability to camouflage, specially in mediterranean environments.

Will such uniforms come with appropriate-camouflaged vests and helmets?

I was unable to replicate any sort of error with the uniform class. Unless you can provide a .rpt file or error screenshot, there's nothing to fix...Thanks for the PM though.

ACU is looking like it'll be green-lit.

Looking into the possibility of adding MARPAT Boonie/8 point. No helmets as my .psd for the MICH helmet is missing... Sorry for those who requested it.

Otherwise, I'm possibly looking to incorporate the two of the RIPSTOP variants of Kryptek Camo. Right now its Mandrake and Nomad. Depending on they come out, I'll also include Highlander. Thoughts?

Good to hear about the ACU :)

Oh, now that you mention it, SpectreRSG, the request I made for the white helmets were actually of the FAST variant.

I am part of a community where we do mostly airborne spec-ops oriented missions and we like to look the part.

On that note, would it also be possible to make a DOU variant of the FAST helmet?

On the note of headgear as well, what of rangemaster style caps in various camos? The vanilla green is good but a tan or coyote brown or even khaki one wouldn't go bad.

As for the Kryptek Camo, I'm not too fond of it, but I can't argue with its capability to camouflage, specially in mediterranean environments.

Will such uniforms come with appropriate-camouflaged vests and helmets?

I'll look into the DOU helmets. FAST stuff - no promises. I'll look into the rangemaster style cap but redoing the headset may be a pain.

Kryptek and ACU will only be uniforms.

And regarding the undershirt stuff, I'm not doing to do the T-shirt + Camo uni pants. Too much investigative work at the moment. Most of the stuff I'm doing is simple due to time IRL constraints.

I'll look into the DOU helmets. FAST stuff - no promises. I'll look into the rangemaster style cap but redoing the headset may be a pain.

Kryptek and ACU will only be uniforms.

And regarding the undershirt stuff, I'm not doing to do the T-shirt + Camo uni pants. Too much investigative work at the moment. Most of the stuff I'm doing is simple due to time IRL constraints.

Thank you for the hasty reply.

The question about the T-shirt + camo uni pants was merely that, a question. Personally I like where the mod stands as we see people properly uniformed due to lack of alternative. A necessary evil.

Edited by Subscyed

I agree, it's functional and no frills, no muss no fuss and that's what matters.

Mayhap a string of random questions but I'll hazard it.

Will we see in the future vests in DOU (as an example)?

I would like the T-shirt + camo pants combination to be kept for future deliberation just for those that like it, and so you don't have to worry about it at this moment, keeping it in a "if I have the time and the mood for it, why not?" kind of note.

Also, as mentioned before but perhaps overlooked: Will we see ghillie suits akin to the vanilla ones but in camo like OCP, BDU, DOU and the likes?

Frankly I'm good without as are our resident sharpshooters but I'm sure the people who would like them would appreciate it. (Another question akin to the one above about the T-shirt + pants above.)

As something more of a joke if not something to later laugh about: What about beanies? I'm sure some people will love beanies with all sorts of patches stuck on them! :P

I apologise for going a bit wild with the questions. The thought of someone wearing a beanie with a metric tonne of badges on it during a firefight had me carried away a bit too much.

Edited by Subscyed

• DOU Lite and Heavy vests will be coming out.
  • Ghillie suits will not be in this pack.
  • I'm not going to focus on the T shirts as that will take work, that, frankly, I cannot put time into.
  • Beanies, I attempted it a while back and they were broken. Now it looks like BI fixed them, and included their own apt variants, so in short, its just not worth my time to do them.

---------- Post added at 12:42 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

v4.00

Added:

• Kryptek Camo (Highlander, Nomad, Mandrake)
  • ACU
  • DOU ECH and FAST helmets
  • DOU Lite and Heavy Platecarriers

Fixed:

• Minor display name issues on ATAC uniforms.

This is it. Only thing I'll do is minor updates to keep the pack current with ARMA changes and anything I can tally off my wishlist. If any changes, tweaks need to occur, I'll list them as a future-to-do and handle it when I can get around to it in the future.

Excellent!

Many thanks SpectreRSG for putting up with my ceaseless questions and requests, for your time, for your effort and most importantly: for your patience.

P.S.: Can I trouble you for White helmets?

That was a joke and I hope I made you laugh rather than sigh.

P.P.S.: I owe you a beer. Guinness okay?

Edited by Subscyed

Excellent!

Many thanks SpectreRSG for putting up with my ceaseless questions and requests, for your time, for your effort and most importantly: for your patience.

No worries. Hope yall enjoy it.

Yes, I accept payment donations in the form of this.

Well given my PM I can give a source copy of said backpacks again if needed.

Thanks for informing us about the updated release :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Yep no problems, I'll PM it to you soon.

I took a few quick shots of some of the new gear in the update to illustrate it.

In retrospect I should have upped the graphic fidelity.

http://i.imgur.com/z9zUOyM.jpg (600 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/7GyQ8vd.jpg (772 kB)

Also, something I forgot to ask for a future try at implementation:

Backpacks.

Is it possible to have more variants beyond the kitbag? I was thinking along the lines of the Condor Assault packs (just called "Assault Pack" in vanilla).

And... about custom patches like me who's a combat vet who likes to see his former Division on his right sleeve... Is it possible in the future to allow custom patches for game use (init or?) or do they have to be integrated into the mod?

I can incorporate them in the mod, in the future. Patches are quick and easy, just give me a good reference photo.

Either way, check my Wish list on the first page Subscyed. I want to do an Eagle Industries and 5.11 24H RUSH. I'm not a good modeler and would need one for those.

Love the new Kryptek camos..... Thank you so much!!!! Any chance of having Raid, Neptune and other Kryptek camo's?

Kryptek doesnt have any camos under those name. And because its RIPSTOP, I'll only go off what they produce in ripstop. I may include Yeti in the future, but in all honesty, they stuff is easy to include. I just dont want to saturate the modpack too much. So their other designs are 50/50 right now.

Kryptek doesnt have any camos under those name. And because its RIPSTOP, I'll only go off what they produce in ripstop. I may include Yeti in the future, but in all honesty, they stuff is easy to include. I just dont want to saturate the modpack too much. So their other designs are 50/50 right now.

What about these ones? http://www.kryptek.com/kryptek-camo-patterns/