spectrersg

TFA - Naval Special Warfare Gear

Christ, I look away for a while and the mod is revamped!

Love the new stuff and excitedly wait for teasing pictures of the new kitbags.

OCP looks awesome with a tan backdrop rather than the previous amber/khaki. As for the change from sand to khaki uniforms, coule you have a look at the 3-colour DCU? Not a fan of it but it would look awkward if the tan mutes the other colours (as it currently does).

Ive been staring at the DCU for an hour. I dont see a problem with it. If you're just talking about lack of effeciency vs the OCP/MCAM then thats just because of the dates the camo was designed - there's a reason why the DCU is not issued anymore.

The coloring seems spot on to me. Remember its desert usage, not temperate usage. OCP will always look better on Altis and Stratis.

If I completely misunderstood, sorry. Lol.

I can't edit posts via phone but that post I made was before I had a look at the bonus pixtures with DCU on them.

To me, both DCU and SND always looked a bit too bright. Could be due to A3's lighting alone however.

Regardless, on the pictures they look fine though compared to a terrain like takistan they look just a little too sandy and not enough tan if you know what I mean. White sand beaches vs Yellow sand beaches.

Great work though, Spectre, I'm really glad I convinced the lads to adopt this mod back in May or so. It's paid off so far and still continues to deliver!

I can't edit posts via phone but that post I made was before I had a look at the bonus pixtures with DCU on them.

To me, both DCU and SND always looked a bit too bright. Could be due to A3's lighting alone however.

Regardless, on the pictures they look fine though compared to a terrain like takistan they look just a little too sandy and not enough tan if you know what I mean. White sand beaches vs Yellow sand beaches.

Great work though, Spectre, I'm really glad I convinced the lads to adopt this mod back in May or so. It's paid off so far and still continues to deliver!

Arma adds a brightness to some layers, so to counter that you have to add a layer of black with a low opacity to adjust it. If you need some reference photos of DCU SpectreRSG I'll send some photos of me and Soldiers from OIF II as we used DCU during that deployment if needed.

Amazing the new ripstop looks so much better! Makes me wanna get into modding so much more once i have a bit more free time.

Edit i just now caught onto the vests. :D

Edited by Raytesh

I know this wouldnt really have too many practical uses but is there any plans to add NWU Type 1?

I have attempted it. The camo was fine. But the model I wasn't happy with so I scrapped it. I would have to find an actual to put it on that looked right. There's no combat shirts that have that camo (thankfully).

Amazing the new ripstop looks so much better! Makes me wanna get into modding so much more once i have a bit more free time.

Edit i just now caught onto the vests.

Thanks!

Blah blah DCU photos blah blah (sorry to lazy to copy/paste)

Yes, PM me any DCU photos ya have along with pointers on whats wrong with the current coloring that you notice (thanks again).

Well I don't wear it (I wore it enough for a year) anymore but yeah I'll get you a few shots here and there.

For the record, looking at the camo in game is a tad bit different than in the VA. The camo still looks fine to me, but I could be wrong. Sub, et al, take a look here.

Meanwhile, looks like they removed the Unit Insiginia and Faces tab of the Arensal in the dev build (of whatever error is popping up at the bottom is stopping those two). BI, if you see this please put those back/fix it. Screenshot.

What I meant initially was that the sand part of it seemed too bright. I can't really state that anymore since it's toned down a bit.

The sandy part of 3-colour though is still very predominant. My experience (seeing, UK gents didn't wear DCU) is that it uses quite a bit of the green, having the brown/tan and sand as secondary.

I could be wrong.

Love the backpack and the vest though

Yeah based on those photos that Eric sent, the camo looks spot on. The ArmA lighting is funky and does weird stuff with what looks good on paper. Plus certain monitor settings alter colors differently. Unless someone else steps in and says that I got it wrong, I just don't see the change that needs to occur.

Meanwhile, everything is spot on and ready to go thus far for the fourth. Only one change needs to happen and that's with a camo design on a protec helmet. One of which I haven't shown yet. If all goes according to plan on the 4th, everything will be uploaded and ready to go. This is a big change to the pack. New config. New models. New textures, new fixes, new compatibility. All of which will be included in the readme and provided in my release post.

I'd be very greatful for the 1,000 steam workshop subscribers and others who use my mod if y'all would provide rating feedback through the workshop page. It helps to analyze and crunch ratios and numbers, and keeps me interested in development. Honest criticism is needed, and if it's negative I ask ya also give me some recommendations on how to further develop and fix what should be in your mind.

Thanks again guys. Happy Halloween and see ya in a few days on the other side of the breach.

Happy halloween, Spectre!

No change needs to happen to the DCU, I was just pointing out how funky ArmA3 lighting makes things out to be.

At the time of writing, I forgot I used the lighting fixes in Takistan, so the camo looked a bit dulled down and awkward.

Lighting fixes gone (as well as NVG-related mishaps), they look Splendidâ„¢!

I'm looking forward to the helo DLC release to bring the gents the excellent news, I'm sure many will be very delighted with the broader range in vest colours and those who nitpick will be happy with the overall camos, ripstop et al.

I'm not a subscriber on steam Workshop but I'll become one to help your endeavour.

Hope the figures are in your favour and thank you once more for your time, hard work and dedication, one can't go without TFA now! :P

Arma 3 tends to brighten textures a bit so sometimes you have to add a darkening layer to counteract that, it's what I'm thinking of doing more with my aircraft skins down the line.

Just wanted to say thanks to Spectre for the all-time greatest uniform pack. Are you still planning that big update right after the Nov 4 DLC?

Well here it is. The entire pack has been updated. Not a thing has been left untouched. The following is the features of this update:

Added:

• Reintroduced FOL Plate Carrier by request, and replaced the RGrn variant name..
  • CSE support for all plate carriers with camelbacks.
  • DOU, ACU, NWU2 Assault packs.
  • All camo variants in kitbags.
  • Added DOU (GRN) variant camo.
  • Added new MICH helmets (ACU, MARPAT W, MARPAT D, OCP, DOU, WTE)
  • Added Protec Helmet (BLK, GRN, TAN, Camo 1, 2, 3, 4)
  • Added Mixed camo plate carrier (TAN on GRN)

Changed:

• All vest and backpack textures have been edited.
  • Vest textures are higher detailed (straps, buckkels, fabrics, radio, 203s)
  • All uniform textues - higher resolution overall and numerous fixes (ripstock materials, stretch fabric around knees, etc.)
  • Changes all SND color to KHK color (Khaki 400)

Fixed:

• FOL plate carrier matches other FOL gear better
  • NWU2 plate carrier matches other NWU2 gear better
  • Camelback of plate carriers now have the proper camo direction orientation
  • Various config display name adjustments.

I'm sure there's stuff I'm forgetting or that slipped through accidently. Please, let me know what I need to fix but this should hold everyone off for a while, I hope. Meanwhile, I ask that all users of this mod please provide a rating feedback on the steam workshop (click here). Thanks again to all of those who use this mod. Hope yall enjoy!

Edit: I will be going back to visit boonies and FAST/ECH helmet textures, those are relatively untouched. Thats the next update.

Edited by SpectreRSG

Thanks for informing us about the updated release :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@Spectre - I see you're on the fence about backwards caps. If you decide to include this feature, I will write you a thank you note in the calligraphic style of your choice: Medieval, Victorian, or US Constitution.

If you act now - I will have it hand delivered (to any public location you would find most embarrassing) by a man who looks exactly like Benjamin Franklin. He will hand you not one, but two double-scroll copies of the thank you note. All you need to do is pay shipping, handling, international, and Obamacare charges.

Include backwards caps within the next 10 minutes - Give me the names and addresses of any 3 people of your choosing, and I will break into their homes, dressed as a silly clown, and stand over them while they sleep.

Include backwards caps within the next 10 minutes - Give me the names and addresses of any 3 people of your choosing, and I will break into their homes, dressed as a silly clown, and stand over them while they sleep.

Or you could do the usual mix-up and use the backwards caps from PG Services... Just a suggestion. Spectre wouldn't have to jump his shadow and you get your backwards caps. And no homes will be invaded and those criminal Franklin impersonators could go back to where they belong: Granny Strip-Shows.

wow yeah, PG mod looks pretty legit. Thanks man!

I only encourage him because his mod has just about everything else that is awesome in it. Might as well go for 100% completion and chuck that bad boy in there.