spectrersg

TFA - Naval Special Warfare Gear

So glad to see this mod is still being worked on, though not much to be done this mod is amazing. Have probably been using it for about 5-6 months now and I love it so much very detailed. Keep up the great work!

this is a really great mod, but about gillie suits? i really like to snipe and the lack of gillie suits in this mod will probably adversely affect my performance in the field (enemies will detect me easier)

Have you considered making these uniforms armpatch-compatible (like the default ones in devbranch) once the update hits stable (if we know how to)?

Long time user of this mod, first time commenting.

I've quickly grown very fond of this mod, specially because of its updated armour values which can mean the difference between life or death out there, specially when against AI.

So far, and in my honest opinion, it trumps all others in that regard.

Onto the questions:

-Will more vests be added of the Heavy type? (NATO BLUFOR ones)

On that note

- Will the heavy variants of the vests be updated with the same if not very similar textures? Currently the OCP vest is darker than the OCP uniform and the foliage vest is much darker than the actual BDU (same goes for the foliage green helmet) which provides some camouflage issues.

- Since fatigue is going to be modified a little by uniform and its weight in 1.24, will this mod be updated to maintain its edge over vanilla uniforms in terms of less fatigue, too?

Many thanks for the read and I'm terribly sorry if I overwhelmed you with so many questions.

this is a really great mod, but about gillie suits? i really like to snipe and the lack of gillie suits in this mod will probably adversely affect my performance in the field (enemies will detect me easier)

No plans to do ghillie suits. There are other great mods that can include them and the default ones are good enough for our uses. Sorry.

Have you considered making these uniforms armpatch-compatible (like the default ones in devbranch) once the update hits stable (if we know how to)?

I don’t run the dev branch, so I have no clue what this is. How to implement, whatever it is, and what it actually does, is beyond me. If someone would tell me what it is, and how to implement it, it’s definitely possible in the next update.

The next update will include ripstop material texturing on all uniforms (very small detailed grid patterns), and USMC MARPAT camos. Just one uniform of straight Desert and one of straight Woodland. Apparently everyone wants them according to my inbox. Lol.

Thanks for using the mod Subscyed.

I’ll update the values as large patches come out. It’s one of those things that’s an annoying little nuisance and most of the time gets overlooked. I don’t plan to add any vests right now. I hear Cunico is doing nice NSW stuff, so it looks like he has it handled (Cunico, if you’re out there, let me know if you’re interested in working together). Regarding the coloring, its one of those things that looked good in my eye, and still does. The green is matched to the dark green in the woodland camo. Its the same shade, as far as I know. Unless someone can show me otherwise. Some of the colors in the other uniforms are off a bit, but thats because I couldn't get the right mix - the game kinda changes the color of things in light and shadows. I make something that looks good in shade, but looks really light in sunlight.

So, when will this update occur? Sometime hopefully by the end of September, I’m going through some very intense training right now, and back on the dating scene so… IRL takes priority. When I release this update, it may be the last update for a while; unless I find someone to take over the project.

Edited by SpectreRSG

Apologies for not replying any earlier.

There's a guide in the community wiki about adding these insignias to uniforms.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Unit_Insignia

They work very similarly to the squad.xml with the exception they're placed on the left shoulder much like a unit insignia in real life (EOD, CLS/CMT etc).

Hopefully the guide is of some use.

Soronelite's post should also help when dealing with custom units/uniforms.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180615-ARC-Patches-Insignia/page2

Also, I realise this is not a request thread, but could there be a helmet or two added that go with the WTE or DOU uniforms?

Edited by Subscyed

i already posted this before but im not sure if it actually was posted. i love this uniforms mod there are so many different types of uniforms. i do have one request though can you possibly add ghillie suits? i really like to snipe but the complete abscence of ghillie suits in this mod forces me to use vanilla ghillies which are completely pointless in snowy terrain.

- Since fatigue is going to be modified a little by uniform and its weight in 1.24, will this mod be updated to maintain its edge over vanilla uniforms in terms of less fatigue, too?

So I had a small bit of free time this week. I'm going to push out an update below. Regardless, I just checked the fatigue, armor values on current BI stuff and mine.. My armor values are still higher than BI and all my mass values are lower than BIS. Unless I'm misunderstanding everything my stuff is still stronger and lighter than vanilla stuff - so fatigue and armor should be fine. But I made tiny tweaks here and there. Stuff may not even be noticeable.

Anyways, this is going to be a final update for a while or until I have a want to add something or have to fix something. I truly hope people enjoy this mod and continue to use this. This will also be on Steam Workshop shortly. This is v3.90 and includes the following, but note that for the new camos, I will not be tweaking much as I didnt even want to include them or put time into them as other modders have done the stuff to hell already, if someone wants to open it up and make a tweak for me, I'm open to that however:

Added:

• ATAC AU and FG camos (No combos available)
  • MARPAT Arid and Foliage (No combos available... and begrudgingly on request)
  • Unit Insignia Compatibility
  • Collection of patches

Changed:

• All uniform textures now have a ripstop material overlay (little grids)
  • Uniform now have the US IR flag placed properly on shoulder
  • Uniforms left arm velcro elongated to properly fit new unit insignia system
  • Green and MCam on Heavy vests lightened appropriately
  • Damage, mass, fatigue system balancing

Download v3.90 here

Edited by SpectreRSG

Thanks for the effort! Good stuff.

Holic informed.

Been waiting for this update, love the OCP stuff fo sho, thanks!

Hurray! Update!

I've been anxiously waiting for this.

There's a few things I'd like to ask (pardon my inquisitive nature):

- Will the helmets see a similar revision to their colour? (Making them darker or lighter etc)

- Will we see a heavy variant of the WTE plate carrier (in line with the R? (I ask not only because of the capacity difference but also for aesthetic reasons, pardon my shallow-ness)

One question that's slightly more important than the rest:

- Whereas the medical-related insignias (O POS, O NEG etc) and other single patches aren't relevant to the gameplay, is it possible to enlarge them? They are currently very small and difficult to read at a glance.

Thanks Eric, et al,

It depends on the amount of time I have available. I'm pulling overtime right now and was lucky enough to even get this little bit updated. I'll see what I can do. Meanwhile, can you show me an actual blood type patch worn downrange so I can eye the size change...

Edit: by the way, those blood type patches are supposed to be 1 inch in wide. Atleast the simple ones I've seen.

Edited by SpectreRSG

I don't have any references at hand, but they're roughly half of the flag's length and about 1/3 of its height.

EDIT: Found something. Oldie but goodie. More in line with what's in the mod already.

bdu-blood%20tape%204.jpg

http://i43.servimg.com/u/f43/15/03/57/94/screen28.jpg (141 kB)

But it's not just the medical ones that need to be buffed a bit in size.

It's all the others, too.

And personally, the preset ones (Lam, etc) need to be a bit bigger to be readable (not talking about letters specifically but the whole patch).

I figure if you find out the size of vanilla patches and just buff it to that, the issues will sort themselves out.

Also, thank you for your work and dedication, SpectreRSG, it's greatly appreciated! :)

Edited by Subscyed

Those are 3 inch tags. I'm basing mine of the 1 inch tags. 1 inch is the IR square next to what you have circled. I dont want to make the blood types longer than needed. And I doubt I'll be tweaking the patches too much. They're all kinda at that golden size. Some, yes, aren't, but thats design choices I made to make room for those custom ones I have.

Thanks for informing us about the updated release :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Okay quick update to address some things.

v3.95

Added:

• New patches
  • New Heavy vest (White)

Changed:

• 8 point utility cap, backpack and lite vest textures.
  • Config of 8 point utility cap
  • All previous patches sizing has been increased appropriately

Cool shit man, always good work...

Many many maaaany thanks!

But I have to be annoying and ask: Will there be any white helmets to go with the white/snow uniforms?

No. Only because I can't find my template .psd file for it. If I run across it, I'll work on em

Edit: also my this is my 666 post. 0_o

Thanks for informing us about the updated release :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Just the Mark of the Beast man, nothing to concern yourself with... also maybe in the future ACU pattern? Much as I hate nostalgia it kinda would be nice to have it.

I have some swatches lying around if needed but given the functionality of your uniform mod it would actually be a nice addition.

If I do an ACU, it'd be a one off type of thing like the MARPAT. I can start something, but wont release it until I'm happy with the way it looks. And AlexVestin has that covered. Along with the plethora of the other modders.

I'll tell ya what, Eric, check your PM box.

No. Only because I can't find my template .psd file for it. If I run across it, I'll work on em

Edit: also my this is my 666 post. 0_o

Admiral Ackbar would be proud!

...I think.