Sign in to follow this  
Jan Cepera

New Island PÖRRES (BETA version)

Hi everyone !

It's a long time when I was here. But I take some minutes of my free time and tried to make SMALL island, so here is some pictures of my BETA product!

Hope that you will like it :)

You can download BETA version NOW! http://ulozto.cz/xbunrKcE/porres-island-rar

What's is on the island now done ?

4 Villages

3 Small Military base

2 Ghost villages

5 Autentic lakes and many forrest

Pörres "stonehange"

Secret factory

Castle

902314_534152763348334_1510679126_o.jpg

1399001_534033196693624_2128679103_o.jpg

1399560_534417593321851_1263477122_o.jpg

1294452_535637639866513_1755309315_o.jpg

Make some short mission on this island and you can get present from us !

578122_536348579795419_252859822_n.jpg

OFP_world@centrum.cz

OFP will never die !

ERAecp

Edited by Jan Cepera

Damn !! :D You're right :D It Pörres! I dont know what Im was thinking about when I was typing it ! :D Thx for warning ;)

I don't know yet. Island is useing Res textures. There are about 5-6 lakes so little bit of Finland style :) But it's can be some russian area. Why not ;)

notice: this is my first island so do not expect mirracles! :p

Always happy to see new stuff coming out. I will look forward to the release.

Don't forget to add fields, and (how you could call it) "farming landscape" - even on small islands people must eat! :)

Damn !! :D You're right :D It Pörres! I dont know what Im was thinking about when I was typing it ! :D Thx for warning ;)

Corrected the thread title for you :)

To me teda pörres :D

(just in-language joke).

Looks pretty nice!

@ Krzychuzokecia : Ok I will set some fields for you ;) But Island look like some land from north and place for fields is only few.

@R0adki11 : Thank you very much! In our language (Czech) means "Poser" vulgar word! So you did well ! :)

@ fraczek : "ChybiÄka se vloudila ! " :D

@all : Thx to all positive comments ! ;)

Jan,

The island looks really good. The only problem is in some areas I get a pretty big FPS hit. It's drops to low to mid 20's. It's not unplayable but you do get some stagger. I also noticed some forest sections that were not aligned to the ground.

I love the terain and vegetation. Maybe if you thined out the trees some the FPS wil improve.

Geat work, will love to see the final version.

Gave it a try today, and I agree with Zulu and Weltmeister: Porres is very climatic, but suffers from performance point of view. Island is cluttered greatly with rocks, bushes and trees over the top. Such clutter works great in ArmA 2/3, but even islands in first ArmA were more barren than Porres. Funnily enough, the worst FPS gave me... map view! That's were I got this idea that number of objects make it less playable.

But apart from that, it's great island, which shows that even with vanilla objects one can make very original, and realistic terrain. Maybe future version will contain a winter variant (Christmas is coming, Ya'll know!)?

Ok.. thx you for comments guys, I will try to fix it in next version ;) I'll remove some trees and bushes.

I tested it, looks nice and playable, A bit on the small side, but doesnt really matter.

As I'm still playing with Porres (probably, because it's really nice), some other issues that might be fixed in final release:

- no lampposts - streets are dark at night, You could add at least 2-3 lamps in biggest village, and 1-2 in other villages (destroyed ones don't apply)

- buildings in port at South are misaligned and are overlapping each other

- most of the houses on this island are destroyed - while it's intentional for destroyed villages, in other ones You could replace war-torn buildings with ones in better condition (my advice is to use more assets from Resistance - CWC objects are mainly derelict and low-quality) - You could also change land textures in destroyed villages to something more burned, like on Kolguyev

- near the crossroad, in western part of island, there's field however quarter of it lies on steep hill, adjust the terrain, or remove the field.

Thank you for feedback :) I'm glad that you help me wit final work in this island. It's very important to me, but this is my first island and want to know your opinion. I think that these comments will be good for both sides (player x maker) !

Thx for support again ! :)

Some more feedback.

What needs some rework are tops of the hills - they're "sharp", in real life there is always some "roundnesses". I hope You'll understand waht I mean! ;)

Military base at Cg31 is divided into two parts: behind the fence, and behind the wall. I'd rearrange them, so one should be forced to firstly enter the "chicken-fence" part (perimeter?), and then enter "main base" - now base behind the wall have it's own, independent, entrance.

Also for this base, and the one at Dd41 I'd add barrier/gate (albeit open - only for cosmetical purposes) and (that's more important) watchtowers. Maybe also fuel depot and workshop for bigger base.