Sign in to follow this  
AveryTheKitty

Operation Aegean Shield - British Armed Forces

Not the same camo, but the same color, different lighting of course makes them look different (get a picture of them with the same lighting). British MTP and Multicam are made by the same people, Crye Precision. They did in fact use the same colors for both patterns. MTP is pretty much a british version of Multicam with the pattern being like DPM in Multicam colors. It's the same. Color-wise it looks the same. It's the kit that makes the difference. So having the Brits wear different camouflage that isn't even specific to them wouldn't be the best way to make them different. Best way for that is to give them different kits. Maybe this mod could request to use STALKERGB's British vests if it's absolutely necessary for them to look different.

Actually, if you are close enough there are a few ways to tell them apart. And MTP is genuinely more green (generally, it depends on the exact pattern of the items in question) than multicam, I should know, I wear both often enough. And as Modder has pointed out, this is the British Army of 20 years from now, which based on past evidence would be around time to swap out to a new camouflage anyway.

And on top of that, you say it isn't specific to them, but what if it is? What if its a pattern the UKSF have adopted and has migrated over to others such as the CTRG?

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Actually, if you are close enough there are a few ways to tell them apart. And MTP is genuinely more green (generally, it depends on the exact pattern of the items in question) than multicam, I should know, I wear both often enough. And as Modder has pointed out, this is the British Army of 20 years from now, which based on past evidence would be around time to swap out to a new camouflage anyway.

And on top of that, you say it isn't specific to them, but what if it is? What if its a pattern the UKSF have adopted and has migrated over to others such as the CTRG?

Could be. You have a point.

That would require porting etc, I don't think nightmare does this or if it would fit with the "Future" feeling of the mod.

Any chance you'll be adding the Jackal to this?

No chance at all.

That would require porting etc, I don't think nightmare does this or if it would fit with the "Future" feeling of the mod.

Not only that, I don't really want to use custom models, however, we will most likely see some custom weapons for the lads in the future. And regarding CTRG, I will be making TEMPORARILY unusable Maritime variations of the main infantry for naval equipment.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Images for the new Maritime forces:

http://i.imgur.com/fQwuw20.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lmyOxOH.jpg

Temporarily unusable means that it'll be included in next version but not available till future versions?

Nightmare515, would you be so kind to consider adding the scrim camouflaged helmet with classname: "H_HelmetB_camo" as default helmet to your British units?

I feel it may give them their own unique identity on the battlefield, whilst in the meantime we're talking about a vanilla Nato helmet as found in game, being BIS-made.

Ofcourse, feel free to decline, but I'm hoping you would implement this minor (scripted) change, where it has a rather big influence on their appearances.

It could serve for even better instantly recognizing on who's who so to speak. (By default U.S. Nato troops don't wear scrim, and CSAT doesn't have Scrimmed helmets at all.)

But thank you for all that you've done so far, it sure is impressive and usefull. :D

can anyone help me out with the backpack class name for the pack carried by AT, EXPLO and PARAMEDIC recon units???? Thanks in advance

Nightmare515' date=' would you be so kind to consider adding the scrim camouflaged helmet with classname: "H_HelmetB_camo" as default helmet to your British units?

I feel it may give them their own unique identity on the battlefield, whilst in the meantime we're talking about a vanilla Nato helmet as found in game, being BIS-made.

Ofcourse, feel free to decline, but I'm hoping you would implement this minor (scripted) change, where it has a rather big influence on their appearances.

It could serve for even better instantly recognizing on who's who so to speak. (By default U.S. Nato troops don't wear scrim, and CSAT doesn't have Scrimmed helmets at all.)

But thank you for all that you've done so far, it sure is impressive and usefull. :D[/quote']

I actually will be adding a Scrim helmet (Which the units with the plain combat helmets will use.)

However, I have to decline using the H_HelmetB_Camo. Personally, I think it looks bad.

can anyone help me out with the backpack class name for the pack carried by AT, EXPLO and PARAMEDIC recon units???? Thanks in advance

Crap, I should put up the Classnames soon. Wait a bit and they'll be up!

BIS, you're f*cking sexy.

How convenient: The protagonist's name is "Frost", and apparently there is a "Frost" name sound for "cfgIdentities". :D

Update 2.0:

Changelog:

- Modified all Characters.

- Switched Assault Recon uniforms to CTRG uniforms.

- Added (temporarily unusable) Maritime soldiers for ships.

- Modified inventories.

- Added Black MXM for Marksman.

- Changed optics back to the RCO. (I prefer them.)

- A few other things that I don't remember.

Download

BIS, you're f*cking sexy.

How convenient: The protagonist's name is "Frost", and apparently there is a "Frost" name sound for "cfgIdentities". :D

Frost is the main character from PMC. So is it just a reuse of the voice, or is this character going to be in his 50s in Arma 3? Interesting. I also take it that this is the name of the protagonist in your OAS campaign?

Frost is the main character from PMC. So is it just a reuse of the voice, or is this character going to be in his 50s in Arma 3? Interesting. I also take it that this is the name of the protagonist in your OAS campaign?

Yeah, he is the OAC for my Campaign. And I'm debating whether it'll be the BAF Frost or his son (With a different first name of course.)

Would it be possible to give the Recon and Assault Recon an Autorifleman, even Recon teams need a machinegun. And both of them need a UAV operator.

Also, could you consider giving them rucksacks as default, it'd help make them visually different from US soldiers and British soldiers don't go anywhere without them IRL anyway. (I should know, being one. XD)

Edited by Mjolnir66

Downloaded 2.0 version, really nice job so far, congratulations!

Is there any possibility that you retexture the MK-20 to match the uniforms?

Downloaded 2.0 version, really nice job so far, congratulations!

Is there any possibility that you retexture the MK-20 to match the uniforms?

Thanks.

Also, probably not, but we'll see.

ello nightmare,

i was using the BAF blufor mortars via the support modules.

i noticed the illumination timing is for around 2 seconds (literally)

can you have a look at this or is it the game itself?

Hello,

thank you for your work.

is there any plans to make a version of BAF

for AFV-4 Gorgon / MBT-52 Kuma?

Hello,

thank you for your work.

is there any plans to make a version of BAF

for AFV-4 Gorgon / MBT-52 Kuma?

There used to be a Gorgon, and I may or may not do a Kuma.

The Challenger 2 is expected to serve for 2+ more decades.. Too bad there's not enough interest to model one for Arma 3. :dd:

The Challenger 2 is expected to serve for 2+ more decades.. Too bad there's not enough interest to model one for Arma 3. :dd:

Kiory was thinking about making one...

I'm getting permission from Antoineflemming to use his awesome textures for the Brits.