roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

I cannot state enough how much fun PO3 is to us! Thank you a thousand times for creating an maintaining it, roy !

The groups we play with on our server are getting bigger every day. But this brought a lot of administrative work to the admins.

Many of the players are fairly new to the game/mission and the admins need to explain most of the features again and again. And they only can refer to their own experience.

I wondered if there is a collection of documentations for the features of your mission as well as for the added-in modules like VAS or IgiLoad (just to mention some)?

This way we could provide some basic lecture for the new guys and better train the admins.

It would be nice how to operate all the nice features without try and error ;-)

Maybe we even missed some?

Roy has mentioned the next version will no longer use VAS, though he hasn't confirmed which mechanism will replace it.

I'll have a sneak peek for you soon, it's called the "Virtual Armoury". Visually similar to the arsenal, it is configured to allow certain loadout setups (configurable) to certain classes such as rifleman or recon etc... Very easy to customise so it can be adapted to different mods and group setup preferences.

I wondered if there is a collection of documentations for the features of your mission as well as for the added-in modules like VAS or IgiLoad (just to mention some)?

This way we could provide some basic lecture for the new guys and better train the admins.

It would be nice how to operate all the nice features without try and error ;-)

Maybe we even missed some?

Features etc were poorly documented in the past PO3 but the new functions and features will be documented in the functions viewer and In-game through the briefing screen.

Cheers

Will civilians be making it into the next release, if not, are you considering putting them in? They really added to the immersion in the Arma 2 version. Good for ROE, stopping weapon spammers, reducing hill camping...

I'll have a sneak peek for you soon, it's called the "Virtual Armoury". Visually similar to the arsenal, it is configured to allow certain loadout setups (configurable) to certain classes such as rifleman or recon etc... Very easy to customise so it can be adapted to different mods and group setup preferences.

Features etc were poorly documented in the past PO3 but the new functions and features will be documented in the functions viewer and In-game through the briefing screen.

Cheers

Hey just to let you know you can do the Same with the VA already.

Will civilians be making it into the next release, if not, are you considering putting them in? They really added to the immersion in the Arma 2 version. Good for ROE, stopping weapon spammers, reducing hill camping...

certainly am ;)

Hey just to let you know you can do the Same with the VA already.

Similar, not the same. I have already tried Arsenal and while it is good, it does not suit the requirement. Armoury has a broader scope around class based restrictions and other features linked to PO.

Hey roy,

do you have any plan when the mission will be released with the update or a short sneak peek with the ne armory system would be awsome.

greets blackswater

Hey roy,

do you have any plan when the mission will be released with the update or a short sneak peek with the ne armory system would be awsome.

greets blackswater

Next version will be released sometime after MANW. Sneak Peeks will be posted once I'm happy the feature is complete and tested. Some features will be released as stand alone as well, for use in others missions.

Cheers,

The 'Make Arma Not War' competition.

Mhhh, any ETA for MAKE ARMA NOT WAR (in my opinion crap, cause steamworkshop/payed)?

Edited by yxman

you may have a bit of a wait, I'm not at the stage of organised full scale MP testing yet let alone language translations.

you may have a bit of a wait, I'm not at the stage of organised full scale MP testing yet let alone language translations.

And the competition end date just got postponed a couple months too...

I have a doubt. I download a Patrol Operations 3.2 mission, but i think that is not the original mission made from Roy. What is the actual official Patrol Operation mission?

I have a doubt. I download a Patrol Operations 3.2 mission, but i think that is not the original mission made from Roy. What is the actual official Patrol Operation mission?

3.2 was never officially released, it was only available on OCB servers which I'm sure some communities have re-hosted.

Official links for 3.1 are in the first post of this thread ;)

Edited by roy86

Were can i shorten the playtime of the intro music?

look in the init.sqf, I believe its towards the middle of the file. fademusic is the command.