Sign in to follow this  
subliminalss

Group Manager, Loadout and Paper Doll addon

Sorry guys been out of arma until the new campaign. Looks like BI decided to change something though because my mod is now not finding a default BI texture hence the popup error. Ill have a looksie.

Also about the notes on Gear Customiser Its Dslyecxi work. If he updates it to combat the points made then Ill definately integrate it with the fresh version. However in the meantime I just customise my Own character. Save the Loadout at an ammobox Using the refresh loadout manager option to re-initialise the system so that the Action is added to all ammo-boxes to have the newly saved load-out and then send my chosen character to the ammobox to "gearup". It sounds long winded but really its better than having to try and get him into a car or a particular ammobox...

Also I have a fix for the fact that this mod becomes totally useless after a Save then load. A Debug Radio Action 0-0-0 to refresh the Key monitoring. Im probably using the incorrect function and hence thats why its not reloading on save but Im not so sure about this one so someone else feel free to chime in with suggestions.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

New Version As Promised

http://editing.17thmedia.com/Filestore/Arma%203/Subliminal_Scripts/Subliminal_ScriptsV1.04.zip

==== Changelog ====

V1.04

Added a reset under Radio 0. (0-0-0) When activated this will reset the monitoring for all Key Commands That this mod uses and therefore support saved and reloaded games.

Edited the Interface Common Settings to point to the correct loaction for "\ca\ui_f\data\ui_scrollbar_thumb_ca.paa" and other PAA files relating to the scrollbar.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

So I tried your new version cant get it to work.

Anything more specific than that?

What Doesn't work exactly?

@OP: FYI, Dslyexci uploaded the latest version of his character customiser only onto steam workshop. This also has the fix for the screen ratio bug.

Really like this mod, very useful for when stuffing around in singleplayer.

Cheers.

I cant get the waredrobe to work there are no clothes to be seen at all. All I see is a blank screen and next to it is team and array gm stuff but no pictures of anything

@OP: FYI, Dslyexci uploaded the latest version of his character customiser only onto steam workshop. This also has the fix for the screen ratio bug.

Really like this mod, very useful for when stuffing around in singleplayer.

Cheers.

Thanks, ill take a look at Dslyexci's updated version and see what can be done.

I cant get the waredrobe to work there are no clothes to be seen at all. All I see is a blank screen and next to it is team and array gm stuff but no pictures of anything

Its not a function to give you clothes in that sense. You are supposed to Spawn the Wardrobe(Field Toilet) with the Key as defined in Userconfig (Default "END" key), when you are in a mission that doesnt give access to an ammobox etc and then Load your saved loadouts from it as you can do an ammobox. Im considering how I could implement The Loadout Manager into an interface which is why there is a bit of empty space in the interface but dont worry about that. For now it does work when used correctly.

Thats pretty much all the guidance I can provide without you providing some kind of screenshot with what you are getting and what you are expecting im afraid.

where is Dslyexci's update in steam workshop at I type his name in and got nothing so how do you find it in steam thanks?

I had the same problem, I could not find it neither. But if you go to his website and check the news you can find a link to the SWS.

The Armaholic mirror was also already updated to 1.4, if you wish to go that route ;)

Nice work! I'm very interested mostly in the recruitment and group management features. Would you consider making a more modular version, preferably scripts, that don't rely on needing a userconfig? Thanks!

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

I think I would like a way to keep the group manager active, so the scroll menu options are always there. Is there a way to do that? Also is there a way, besides killing them, to remove a unit from the group?

It was originally mission based if that's what you mean.

Other than that its not add on based and the User config is there to stop any conflicts. Using the Home Key to bring up the menu options allows all the functions of adding/removing to the groups that's what the whole thing is about. Explore all the menus it should be pretty self explanatory.

Could you provide a version that can be unpbo-ed? I want to remove the ability to switch weapons and NV in order to prevent "cheating" weapons in. Maybe add a userconfig setting that would allow to disable each slider and button separately.

Could you change the menus so Loadout and Group management options are only available after selecting an option. Right now if you have 10 or so loadouts saved they all clutter menu when you get near ammobox. If you put them this way:

Loadout Management > "stuff as it is now"

It would greatly reduce clutter of menu when interacting with ammo boxes.

how do you give the custom loadout to recruits with this mod? or is that not possible? been hurting my brain about it :butbut:

that really doesn't awnser my question.

i said "recruits" meaning ai you add in your squad.

i wanted to know if you can customize the loadout of the ai with this mod..if yes, how?

Edited by PwndaBwear

nvm the problem is solved with the new update...i love the virtual arsenal, makes dealing with long scripts almost non existant..thank you bis XD

that really doesn't awnser my question.

i said "recruits" meaning ai you add in your squad.

i wanted to know if you can customize the loadout of the ai with this mod..if yes, how?

FWIW you just go to the unit and open the command menu where you tell them what to do. Something todo with 6 IIRC (Not played arma in a while) and then order them to load a loadout from the saved loadouts.

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

I'm going to update this by trying to get Virtual Arsenal instead of the old Dslyecxi's 'Paper doll' Gear Menu scripts here so if there are any other good ideas now is the time to send.

Also going to add Norrin's Revive script into SP campaign with the players group. Is it just me or has the campaign got harder!

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Could you provide a version that can be unpbo-ed? I want to remove the ability to switch weapons and NV in order to prevent "cheating" weapons in. Maybe add a userconfig setting that would allow to disable each slider and button separately.
Could you change the menus so Loadout and Group management options are only available after selecting an option. Right now if you have 10 or so loadouts saved they all clutter menu when you get near ammobox. If you put them this way:

Loadout Management > "stuff as it is now"

It would greatly reduce clutter of menu when interacting with ammo boxes.

Hi mate, sorry for the late reply 5 months... but both requests are outside the scope of what I've done and are todo with the core functionality of the 3rd party scripts. Unfortunately I don't have the time of patience to do that level of work.

does this mod still work in the boot camp update? the last update was 2013, i need this for recruiting people in campaign

Will still work fine, there is a popup when the interface for the wardrobe is opened but other than that ok. Shout if you have any issues I'll release a hotfix if needed while I finish testing Revive and Virtual Arsenal

i just recruited 2 guys before heading out on a patrol, they didnt come with me :(

i just recruited 2 guys before heading out on a patrol, they didn't come with me :(

Yea the campaign isn't quite as open as it was in previous games

I'ts much more on rails.

You don't just get left yo your devices as something like the Manhattan mission was in arma 2. Then again that mission was considered a disaster by many because it was full of bugs!

no way around that? i have to go on "patrol" alone? thats not right

no way around that? i have to go on "patrol" alone? that's not right

You could use a recruit script but afaik they are mission based. It's the mission design for whatever reason I'm guessing its because you are not in a position to command men while in camp maxwel.