BogatyrVoss

Unused Animations Mod

A short description: This mod edits some configs to make use of the animations that are otherwise not used in the game. I made no animations, nor the original config, that credit goes to BIS.

Update: Re-made the entire thing, now added the jumping animation, plus a new walking animation and now you can be very specific as to what animations you want. Plus fixed the issues that were brought up thanks to BIS's updates

Download: Unused Animations V5

https://mega.co.nz/#!8hFB1TZA!lylxkSUpTfEB1iBrRRRaeg5QxdVLIwNdgTEEO_60YWI

Armaholic Link

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23337

Demonstration of Variations (Handy if you're installing)

Update (Version 3): (OUTDATED)

Fixed the soldier's hands going through weapons while walking. (Thanks to antoineflemming for the suggestion).

https://mega.co.nz/#!B08k1TyT!cWCVPXR7A2iPXm0kQTTHwS3WY_cm5cBMmiKfKwjvKCo

Update (Version 2): (OUTDATED)

Added a new variation which only has the walking animation, no combat pace change.

https://mega.co.nz/#!JoFyRI4L!E8mKsQfF1GDSY3QCTxwHhCP4FTMQRDPO_KFMT1ZcVSM

Link (Outdated):

https://mega.co.nz/#!N5MFDB6b!Nox11GbarNQ9TTnZihgioDSxERBNR8gue4zbVtf1vA0

Edited by BogatyrVoss

if those are allready in the game files, they're most likely W.I.P. and might get into the game later. :)

thanks for sharing this, though.

The combat pace animations are only used by AI, though the walking ones are ought to be in the game some day indeed.

The AI used to switch between this walk animation and the current animation. Don't know why they don't anymore. I thought the player did as well. But these are definitely not WIP, but old animations from Alpha.

great work, i've been hoping for something like this for a while

there is also a second unused walk animation, it's a relaxed version of the one you are using

if i could add an idea, this could be a mod that randomizes animations, so maybe while you're doing the default armswing walk, maybe your buddy next to you is strolling along calmly with his weapon down, and the guy next to him is doing the patrol walk that your mod uses

just an idea

I would look into somehow incorporating these plus the standard ones. I enjoy the default ones however I love these new ones too. Would be nice to be able to choose on the fly, maybe through an addAction command or something. "Enable Relaxed Walk", or "Enable Combat Walk".... Cool mod though thanks!!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I would look into somehow incorporating these plus the standard ones. I enjoy the default ones however I love these new ones too. Would be nice to be able to choose on the fly, maybe through an addAction command or something. "Enable Relaxed Walk", or "Enable Combat Walk".... Cool mod though thanks!!

+1!

Anyway, really loving this, been waiting for this since I saw the old walking animations for the first time.

Thanks man!

Edited by LAxemann

Outstanding !

I'll definitely have a look at your code and take some lessons. I had sth like that planned for a long time but never took the time to figure out how to work with those config files. Three suggestions if I may :

. Add a userconfig to let us choose whether we want only the combat pace mod, only the walk mod, or both.

. It would be great to have a system that either allows the player to choose between the three available walk anims, or automatically switches between them following the circumstances. For instance, the anim you choose is perfect for a potentially dangerous situation, while the AmovPercMwlkSlowWrflDf_v2 version better fits a more relaxed patrolling walk. The latter could be randomly mixed with the original game anim btw.

. As far as I can see, AI units are not affected by the mod. Any plans on changing that ? They could for sure adopt the lowered weapon stance as the default one and raise their weapon only when an ennemy is spotted.

Anyway, I would gladly help developping this mod if you feel interested.

Regards,

EDIT :

- Damn, I cant extract any readable code. Looks like I'll have to wait a bit more for the lessons.

- I was wrong, AI units ARE following the mod actually, provided their behaviour is set to 'SAFE'. Awesome ! But please make them do so when they are AWARE, in formation, as long as no ennemy is spotted.

Congrats and thanks again :)

Edited by Igitur

Do you plan on including the jump animation as well?

That's a really good idea, I will look into this.

Igitur:

There actually is no code, I just edited the config files. The config files need to be decrypted with a program like Mikero's Derapify.

This is great!

As for multiplayer, if the host has this installed, will these animations be shown for everyone instead of the vanilla ones, and vice versa, or does it not work at all?

This is great!

As for multiplayer, if the host has this installed, will these animations be shown for everyone instead of the vanilla ones, and vice versa, or does it not work at all?

I'm pretty sure every client needs to install in order to see it.

I'm pretty sure every client needs to install in order to see it.

Hey i got a suggestion,

Could you re-place it like this.

wep lowered, no combatpace

AmovPercMtacSlowWrflD(f/fr/fl/b/r/l/br/bl) becomes AmovPercMrunSlowWrflD(f/fr/fl/b/r/l/br/bl) -

wep lowered, combat pace:

AmovPercMrunSlowWrflD(f/fr/fl/b/r/l/br/bl) becomes AmovPercMrunSrasWrflD(f/fr/fl/b/r/l/br/bl)

wep raised, combat pace

AmovPercMrunSrasWrflD(f/fr/fl/b/r/l/br/bl) becomes AmovPercMrunSrasWrflD(f/fr/fl/b/r/l/br/bl) (original)

The combat pace was never really the issue i think. Its the running with weapons down.

It generated this awkard looking half running half walking one handed walk/run (lol)

How did you replace this btw? Did you also adjusted the interpolates or declerations?

Or did you just switched the animation files?

Edited by defk0n_NL

Just watched your video. All I can say is THANK YOU! I'm so happy being able to use the other walking anim, as like you said in the video it looks so much better instead of that annoying one-handed pimp walk. I mean it's not that horrible, but for patrolling and such, this animation looks much better and fitting.

Made a quick update, read main post.

Also, does anyone have any idea on how to use

VariationsAI [] = {}; and

VariationsPlayer [] = {}; ?

I've been trying to use these in order to achieve multiple walking animations, but it always ends up glitchy.

Edited by BogatyrVoss

I was wondering--now, I'm sure a lot will roll their eyes and hate me--however, for my own curiosity....is it possible in general without BIS's technical intervention to slow down the walking speed a little if someone wanted to? Or is speed hardcoded?

I was wondering--now, I'm sure a lot will roll their eyes and hate me--however, for my own curiosity....is it possible in general without BIS's technical intervention to slow down the walking speed a little if someone wanted to? Or is speed hardcoded?

yes, ithink its possible. If you would have to adjust both the animation speed and walking speed idk.

It's pretty easy to edit it. It says clear as crystal in the config file speed = X;

Can anyone tell me how to disable player animations? Just like we do with (_x disableAI "ANIM")

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

It's pretty easy to edit it. It says clear as crystal in the config file speed = X;

That video almost made me spit my coffee on my screen when I laughed, lol. Thanks for the advise, I'll try it out. :D