i would also like to see the OICW, but maybe with 30rnd for the KE group.

ithink OFP was the last game with a OICW.

never saw one in A1 or A2.

Ye i remember that OICW , it was way too much low poly even for A1

but in the future if i get some decent OICW model then maybe

I hope its wasn't me who started this...

I was the one that made the proposal.

In the end, it's really just that, a proposal.

It's RH's mod, he does whatever he wants with it regardless if people like my proposal or not.

Terribly sorry about the avalanche of pluses and ones I created.

maybe the guys from HL2 Mod Obsidian Conflict will share there model of the OICW.

EDIT:

will you include M4/M203 Variants with long m203?

and maybe ASDG comp?

Edited by Gunny24

Ye i remember that OICW , it was way too much low poly even for A1

but in the future if i get some decent OICW model then maybe

Robert, I have worked on one of these for the past 15 months.

9c3491dabb405d2d0677d386587ef18c.png

moveable items including bolts aswell

http://i.gyazo.com/e4f05b9b36541ac6ac5e19e7ca6adf3f.png (202 kB)

This is an older model, I have updated it to be a bit more detailed since this, I will try and get some images up tomorrow after work as the new model is on the works servers (yes I get bored at work during lunch).

The model looks different to the original OICW project as that one got shelved, I tried to follow a design process as if it were developed through to a working weapon platform for the ARMA 3 timeline.

I have 2 models,

• one as the KE rifle alone that can use all the standard attachments
  • one with the attached launcher and dedicated scope

I haven't been able to get the thing to show in A3 though as I'm not much of a coder. Took me 9 months to get the mod to load, got the weapon into the characters inventory, and he's holding the most invisible rifle you can get. I'll be happy to send the model if you want (new one).

Edited by Mearcat

Nice one! That looks really promising!

nice OICW model.

but the integrated optic looks a bit off.

the whole idea, with the optic was that it adjusts itself for range and windage. so the knobs/turrets on top and on the side are not necessary.

i think it would look better, if you extend the optic case a bit more to the back. if you provide a side view i can show you what i have in mind.

Well, RobertHammer I think you should take this man up on his offer, great OICW model and I would love to see RH put that into arma.

nice OICW model.

but the integrated optic looks a bit off.

the whole idea, with the optic was that it adjusts itself for range and windage. so the knobs/turrets on top and on the side are not necessary.

i think it would look better, if you extend the optic case a bit more to the back. if you provide a side view i can show you what i have in mind

I agree but I have mainly concentrated on the body of the rifle rather than the scope. That was a quick/rough throw together of a 3-9 zoom scope and a box to try and make something close to the nightstalker in A3, which appears to be a compact version of the OICW optics (combined - 3-9 zoom scope/laser rangefinder with integrated nightvision/thermal imaging). The 4 turrets on the side are the buttons to quickly switch between vision modes rather than operate windage/elevation azimuths. The NS has them as a slider, but I find chunky push buttons to be more practicable for a combat item. It is easy to miss a setting on a slider when in a stressful situation such as combat (designer appearing again).

Here is the side profile:

eb548fc4a9590b706c82386705586126.png

This is RH's M4 thread so I don't want to diverge too much from topic, so I'll get the pictures for the updated model ASAP.

Edited by Mearcat

i would prefer if the scope chassie would cover the scope until that markings:

eb548fc4a9590b706c8234jspe.png

for fighting close range it would be good to have 0x-9x zoom :-)

Ok, I'll have a look at that when I get to the scope.

It is supposed to have an integrated RMR/doctor sight on top but its not shown on the model as its a quick representation. The dials for instance are from a racing wheel project.

Here as promised are the new models.

rifle only

f810e63abf486d82188fa2c6318ad0e5.png67cf75d7201b12f18d7bfc6be60247b2.png

And the we all would want

7ae231b8e98ba51a5cb01e87351cb5dd.pnga80e46c84b1dc04a05c605dbbe7f8755.png

As you can see, much more detail, obviously not finished the scope so its not part of the model yet.

So if Master Robert approves, I'll forward the model

Edited by Mearcat

@Mearcat

Not bad model , I like the MX/Vector style of your OICW - i could add into game but you have to UV it and texture it , because i can't do that since am very busy with IRL work etc

btw in which program did you modelled that? how many poly?

Damn, thats my one weakness with this stuff. Looks like I've got a learning curve ahead of me.

Currently AutoCAD. Got the stuff at work to export to 3DSMax and possibly UV/Texture it there.

We mainly use CAD for 2D plans but I found it's ability to do 3D aswell. Last model (the white one above) was around 17000 poly. This one hasn't been on the trimming diet yet so I think 35K ish. Yep, too high for A3 untill I can trim it down.

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

Ok, managed to get it into max. Not as bad as I thought, 7099 Polys for all parts (the full model). I take it by poly you do mean polygons?

Edited by Mearcat

Played with some dxf insert settings. Final poly count 11000 giving some decent curvature on the round surfaces. As for the UV mapping I will endeavour to learn how to do this to an acceptable level. As for the textures I'm at a loss, I can produce detailed models but not textures (engineer more than artist). If a more knowledgeable person could get in touch to help with this, that would be appreciated (by many that would want this I'm sure).

Shot of 3ds model

8472aa992a57922b13fcbf96c705854c.png

Edited by Mearcat

I don't want to be rude and it nots my intention, but shouldn't priority be the update (which is long overdue) instead of third party sci-fi OICW? Also thread says its M4/M16 pack or am I missing smth? I'm getting disappointed...

I don't want to be rude and it nots my intention, but shouldn't priority be the update (which is long overdue) instead of third party sci-fi OICW? Also thread says its M4/M16 pack or am I missing smth? I'm getting disappointed...

Chill man, the OICW isn't sci-fi. It's an experimental weapon, which would honestly fit in with Arma 3's near-future stuff better than a M4/M16 pack.

And also, you shouldn't be complaining about the update being overdue. RobertHammer and everyone else working on the pack do this in their free time and charge nothing for it, and it's always worth the wait in the end.

Not to be rude or anything, but keeping this pack as close to the name as possible isn't a bad idea if you ask me. We've been using this mod due to the simple fact that it adds the guns we want and not much more, keeping our custom mod-pack as slim-lined as it can be. Even tho there are many great mods out there, they add so much content it quickly becomes hard to manage.

RH: would you consider putting the OICW in another pack, like "RH Misc. Weapons" or similar? :)

Not to be rude or anything, but keeping this pack as close to the name as possible isn't a bad idea if you ask me. We've been using this mod due to the simple fact that it adds the guns we want and not much more, keeping our custom mod-pack as slim-lined as it can be. Even tho there are many great mods out there, they add so much content it quickly becomes hard to manage.

RH: would you consider putting the OICW in another pack, like "RH Misc. Weapons" or similar? :)

I believe this question has been asked previously, if not on this thread then the wip one.

This pack will feature the M4/M16s and weapons of its family (HK416, M27IAR, etc).

Other packs will feature other names, so I'm sure if the OICW gets added, it will be featured in its own pack together with whatever RH decides is futuristic or fits the look or family of that particular weapon.

This pack will feature the M4/M16s and weapons of its family (HK416, M27IAR, etc).

This is excellent news, I hope the HK417 gets added too.

This is excellent news, I hope the HK417 gets added too.

No Hk417 unfortunately , maybe in the future

Hey RH, are you using hiddenselectionstextures for the camo variants of the weapons like you did with the Vltor SBR previously? I did some retextures with it and I'd really like to do it with other weapons in the pack too.

RH are you aware that AGM has unlocked the BIS flash-hiders, will you be supporting these or do you recommend any extra config mods to make them usable on your guns?

Hey RH, are you using hiddenselectionstextures for the camo variants of the weapons like you did with the Vltor SBR previously? I did some retextures with it and I'd really like to do it with other weapons in the pack too.

Of course - only downside is the when you drop the weapon it switches to default skin , that's BIS bug that they need to fix > http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5153

---------- Post added at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------

RH are you aware that AGM has unlocked the BIS flash-hiders, will you be supporting these or do you recommend any extra config mods to make them usable on your guns?

Well if you really want the Noveske Flash Hider KX3 for the ar15 pack , i can easily make it as attachment

Of course - only downside is the when you drop the weapon it switches to default skin , that's BIS bug that they need to fix > http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5153

Cool, thanks for the reply. I honestly didn't know it was a bug either, really wish they'd fix that.(Although there are probably more pressing bugs)