Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

Hi, could anyone tell me what to do/change that enemy AI will build tanks from the beginning?

I gave them 200000$ and decreased price of every vehicle to 5$ . That didnt help. They wait like 30 min and then build choppers.

On 4/30/2017 at 4:47 AM, kremator said:

Will check it out ... thanks.

Is there an altis version of that map. The Tanoa one is great but vehicles and the trees dont match for ai =)

I pestered Benny already with this issue, he gave me the hint after 10 seconds of thinking that it must be in Init_CommonConstants.sqf.

He somehow accidently set in

Init_CommonConstants.sqf

the parameter

CTI_TOWNS_CAPTURE_DETECTION_MODE

to 1 as default. Since 17.04.2017 I changed that in all my clones to 0 and he did that a few days later in his rpository too.

But there must be tons of BECTIs out there where AI are unable to capture towns.

https://github.com/BennyBoy-/BECTI

• Like 2

On 7.5.2017 at 9:43 PM, The Man Without Qualities said:

I pestered Benny already with this issue, he gave me the hint after 10 seconds of thinking that it must be in Init_CommonConstants.sqf.

He somehow accidently set in

Init_CommonConstants.sqf

the parameter

CTI_TOWNS_CAPTURE_DETECTION_MODE

to 1 as default. Since 17.04.2017 I changed that in all my clones to 0 and he did that a few days later in his rpository too.

But there must be tons of BECTIs out there where AI are unable to capture towns.

https://github.com/BennyBoy-/BECTI

please help

The problem with the Commander AI respawn, is not Arma problem?

With the the crCTI_Proman_v2_06 it works, 

After death, the Ai units remain in place. On map as black description. ??? no respawn.

AI commander works fine in Sari's edition atm.  When I fixed it in that mission, it was an issue with AI squadsets in \Common\Config\Squads, and his upgrade flow in \Common\Config\Upgrades.

Benny fixed his mission in relation to https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/203161-broken-ai-respawn-in-popular-games-since-168/

, not his 0.97, but the WIP at https://github.com/BennyBoy-/BECTI .

So with 1.70 the WIP should work now related to AI squadleader respawn.

Just download from repo; unpack zip, check if folder structure is ok, rename folder  <.....current> into <anything.stratis> and pack it into .pbo

Please play only on dedicated server and report if you find errors.

Am 17.5.2017 um 10:20 Uhr sagte der Mann ohne Qualitäten:

Benny hat seine Mission in Bezug auf  https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/203161-broken-ai-respawn-in-popular-games-since-168/

, Nicht seine 0.97, sondern die WIP unter https://github.com/BennyBoy-/BECTI.

Also mit 1.70 die WIP sollte jetzt im Zusammenhang mit AI Squadleader Respawn.

Einfach von repo herunterladen Entpacken Sie zip, überprüfen Sie, ob die Ordnerstruktur in Ordnung ist, benennen Sie den Ordner <..... aktuell> in <any.stratis> und packen Sie ihn in .pbo

Bitte spielen Sie nur auf dediziertem Server und melden Sie, wenn Sie Fehler finden.

Hatte es schon gedacht, dass es kein Arma war, dass Ai nicht respektiert hat. 

Bei B ECTI-Benny-Warfare-OFPS.Tanoa.7z 

Allerdings verstehe ich jetzt, warum ist deaktiviert. Die Ai ist miserabel. Zuverlässigkeit ist sehr schlecht, oft bleibt inaktiv.

Jeder, der die Arma 2 BE Warfare V2.071 und V2.073 gespielt hat, bekommt die Krise.

Fragen Sie sich, warum das so ist ....

You need 2-3 HC working and the mission scripted in a way that really server controlled AI are shifted to HCs.

Anyway, while BIS can now address 64 bit they cannot really utilize multi-core environments and 192GB RAM properly - only via this odd HC workaround.

Proper AI handling is due in 2035.

Well I'm running the latest version on the GitHub and getting 34-41 server FPS and 48-60 FPS on my client.  Lots of action everywhere.  No HC.  Using the default AI setup, so LOT of AI commanders.

No issues so far - pleased with the server FPS !

Same here.  Got halo and the radars working, and cleaned out all the OFPS stuff while adding in deeper mod parameters. 

I'm really liking the platform update.  Lots of fun new stuff to try to break. 

17 minutes ago, -ToR-TheCapulet said:

Same here.  Got halo and the radars working, and cleaned out all the OFPS stuff while adding in deeper mod parameters. 

I'm really liking the platform update.  Lots of fun new stuff to try to break. 

IS that something you can share with us? :f:

13 hours ago, The Man Without Qualities said:

Benny fixed his mission in relation to https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/203161-broken-ai-respawn-in-popular-games-since-168/

, not his 0.97, but the WIP at https://github.com/BennyBoy-/BECTI .

So with 1.70 the WIP should work now related to AI squadleader respawn.

Just download from repo; unpack zip, check if folder structure is ok, rename folder  <.....current> into <anything.stratis> and pack it into .pbo

Please play only on dedicated server and report if you find errors.

Recommended tool to pack Benny's GitHub files into .pbo?

Has anyone tried the latest GitHub version on stratis?  Everything was going very well (high FPS on client and server) and I logged out for something to eat.  AI commander had been in control and obviously was still in control when I logged back in again.  However I did notice quite a few AI team leaders clustered around a previously taken area, and not moving from there.

I wonder was there a problem with new AI orders not getting through to them?

Apart from that it is LETHAL.  The AI use their upgrade money well and I have a large number of armed hunters dashing about.  Interestingly however, I wasn't able to buy them from the light vehicle factory (only armed offroad).

Will be doing much more testing on my standalone dedi, trying to optimise settings for best FPS for this AI heavy mission.

3 hours ago, kremator said:

Interestingly however, I wasn't able to buy them from the light vehicle factory (only armed offroad).

That's because the squads config has them included, but the units config doesn't.  The units, gear, squads, etc lists (Anything that has anything to do with varying gear/units) is entirely fucked up.  Looks to me as if benny had to pull a ton of OFPS-sourced scripting before he git-hubbed it.  So a lot of stuff is fucked up or half done atm when it comes to actual gameplay. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sowens said:

IS that something you can share with us? :f:

I was really hoping to finish it up last night.  But looks more like this weekend.  But yes, I'll be releasing it and hosting it, both very very soon. ;)

14 hours ago, mach2infinity said:

Recommended tool to pack Benny's GitHub files into .pbo?

Don't bother, it's not playable. Pick up one of my latest sari edits, or wait a few days for another release. 

Am 18.5.2017 um 10:37 Uhr sagte Kremator:

Hat jemand die neueste GitHub Version auf stratis versucht? Alles ging sehr gut (hohe FPS auf Client und Server) und ich habe mich für etwas zum Essen angemeldet. AI-Kommandeur war in der Kontrolle gewesen und war offensichtlich noch im Griff, als ich mich wieder eingeloggt hatte. Allerdings habe ich schon ein paar AI-Teamleiter bemerkt, die sich um einen zuvor aufgenommenen Bereich herumhäufen und sich von dort nicht bewegen.

Ich frage mich, war da ein Problem mit neuen AI-Aufträgen, die nicht zu ihnen gelangen?

Abgesehen davon ist es LETHAL. Die AI nutzen ihr Upgrade-Geld gut und ich habe eine große Anzahl von bewaffneten Jägern, Interessanterweise konnte ich sie aber nicht von der leichten Fahrzeugfabrik kaufen (nur bewaffnete Offroad).

Wird viel mehr Tests auf meinem Standalone dedi tun, versuchen, die Einstellungen für die beste FPS für diese AI schwere Mission zu optimieren.

- Was haben Sie in der Schwierigkeitsstufe?
Für mich schießen feindliche AI-Einheiten auf 500m mit einem alten AK47 viel zu oft im linken oder rechten Auge ...
- Habe der Server schon sehr verschraubt, aber ohne wesentliche Effekte ....

23 hours ago, kremator said:

Has anyone tried the latest GitHub version on stratis?  Everything was going very well (high FPS on client and server) and I logged out for something to eat.  AI commander had been in control and obviously was still in control when I logged back in again.  However I did notice quite a few AI team leaders clustered around a previously taken area, and not moving from there.

I wonder was there a problem with new AI orders not getting through to them?

Apart from that it is LETHAL.  The AI use their upgrade money well and I have a large number of armed hunters dashing about.  Interestingly however, I wasn't able to buy them from the light vehicle factory (only armed offroad).

Will be doing much more testing on my standalone dedi, trying to optimise settings for best FPS for this AI heavy mission.

I had the same experience, all AI squad leaders stopped moving at all after some time, must be a bug that is not present in old 0.97.

Bear in ming that the mission from repo is WIP and receives further finish and changes by OFPS team before it is released by OFPS.

OFPS does not maintain the AI squad leader thingy and hence bugs remain undiscovered.

And since in OFPS humans do purchasing, a lot of AI scripts for squad layout might not work.

4 hours ago, The Man Without Qualities said:

must be a bug that is not present in old 0.97

Nah, it's present in .97 and all it's edits. 

To fix it, I just reset orders and respawn all of the AI.  Haven't started getting into that for the latest source yet. It may be as simple as just writing a super simple heartbeat script that resets orders and respawns AI if they go inactive.

• Like 1

ok, will try an old 0.97 again. But I never had it, maybe it is an engine bug introduced in 2015/2016 and not the mission?

Because I used BECTI in a way that I started the mission and toggled between the 2 factions helping setting up bases etc and then I let the 2 AI armies fighting each others and hours later I joined again and was playing one side til the end.