Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

On 2.2.2017 at 7:03 AM, -ToR-TheCapulet said:

IIRC, He gave up on 2.074 and had started pushing hard to finish Warfare3.  Warfare3 was never finished before A3 release.  And I assume most of it's structure went into BECTI. 

What AI issues are you talking about btw?  I've been playing against them nearly every night without issue lately. 

Ok, that was clear only his project Warfare2.074 was already almost finished.

I get this in my rpt:

_var = missionNameSpace getVariable _picked; 
_upgrades = _side >
17:42:50   Error position: <getVariable _picked; 
_upgrades = _side >
17:42:50   Error 3 elements provided, 2 expected
17:42:50 File C:\Users\name\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\name\mpmissions\becti_0097_latest_lg.altis\Server\Functions\Server_AI_PurchaseSquad.sqf, line 55
17:42:50 Error in expression <e = false};
};

I get this error quite a bit, seems to be related to this line:

_var = missionNameSpace getVariable _picked; <================= Line 55
    _upgrades = _side call CTI_CO_FNC_GetSideUpgrades;
    _upgrade = switch (_var select 5) do {
        case CTI_FACTORY_BARRACKS: {CTI_UPGRADE_BARRACKS};
        case CTI_FACTORY_LIGHT: {CTI_UPGRADE_LIGHT};
        case CTI_FACTORY_HEAVY: {CTI_UPGRADE_HEAVY};
        case CTI_FACTORY_AIR: {CTI_UPGRADE_AIR};
        default {-1};
    };

Any solutions would be great from you coding GODS. I've got rid of most of the other rpt errors but this one eludes me. :/

7 hours ago, SF_andy said:

Do not know if someone knows the "48_warfarev2_073-2litecohc.chernarus" for ARMA 2. In this I have activated on my D-Server with HC the Ai: 18 Leader AI with 6 Ai units and amplification for each, as well as 10 units of patrol. - FPS is at 47-25 (briefly he can also go slightly below 22)
Who played a Warfare so once, knows exactly what I mean. No comparison to the current CTI's in ARMA 3 - unfortunately.
Very promising would be the "warfare_rubber_B-015-32_CUP" is built just like the Warfare2.071. Ai Commander Builds factories as well as defenses, the HQ shifts independently.
Only, move and react the "Commander AI's" no step far :down:

Yeah i still play that one often on my little server, it's actually one of my favourite Warfare versions. Sari's version obviously. And 2.071 Ace and non Ace versions. :f:

hey benny i just installed this on my sever (host havoc 172.96.164.10:2302 ) and every time i try to join it keeps saying to delete it or add a key? i threw my car keys at my comp but that didnt seem to work hahaha. think you could point me in the right direction?

Edited by ItchyBurn

38 minutes ago, ItchyBurn said:

hey benny i just installed this on my sever (host havoc 172.96.164.10:2302 ) and every time i try to join it keeps saying to delete it or add a key? i threw my car keys at my comp but that didnt seem to work hahaha. think you could point me in the right direction?

Hi Itchy, welcome to the forum.

That's very strange mate. Have you tried putting the mission in your MPMission folder on your local PC and tried to play the mission to see if it works properly? Also run ArmA3 with no mods loaded. Not rubbing it in but i have my own Lan server for private playing and have no such problems. Do you have mods running with keys that aren't working properly or server setup incorrectly maybe? :f:

And next time leave your keys in the other room, just in case. :f:

I tried connecting to your server, and while I didn't get into the lobby (stuck on loading screen), I wasn't thrown out with an error either. But I think it's normal that I didn't get into the lobby, as the server was in "creating" state, which I think means no mission is currently selected.

But as far as I can see, the server is fine. There are also no server-side mods visible, so I think your problem might be client-side. As law-giver stated, maybe a mod you've loaded or something.

@-ToR-TheCapulet

Don't know if you're interested but i've been going through the rpt to fix as many errors as i can find apart from the one above. One i came across was this in Rsc/Resources.hpp:

soundEnter[] = {"\A3\ui_f\data\sound\onover",0.09,1};
soundPush[] = {"\A3\ui_f\data\sound\new1",0.0,0};
soundClick[] = {"\A3\ui_f\data\sound\onclick",0.07,1};
soundEscape[] = {"\A3\ui_f\data\sound\onescape",0.09,1};

And changed to this:

soundEnter[] = {"\A3\ui_f\data\sound\RscCombo\soundExpand",0.09,1};
soundPush[] = {"\A3\ui_f\data\sound\CfgNotifications\taskCreated",0.0,0};
soundClick[] = {"\A3\ui_f\data\sound\RscButton\soundClick",0.07,1};
soundEscape[] = {"\A3\ui_f\data\sound\ReadOut\ReadoutHideClick1",0.09,1};

It's not game breaking but the error has gone so not spamming my rpt. There are four entries to replace in Resources.hpp, Lines 86,174, 255 & 311. :f:   <<<<<< Line numbers depend on your version, DOH!!!

• Like 1

it turns out that error was a random pbo. file in my local addons file. the server still wont let me in like frankfranconi. now my question is how do i get the server to select the mission? thank you for the help guys. im hoping this will revive the warfare servers in the US. seemes like everyone that has a server here wants to keep it locked. 

Hey all, as always glad to see this living on! Some slightly vague answers as im going off memory but hopefully will be some use to those still making the magic happen!

On 1/27/2017 at 9:36 AM, -ToR-TheCapulet said:

- For some reason, weapon accessories (specifically weapon sights), work really erratically in the equipment menu.  Sometimes it works, but most of the time, it doesn't.  If anyone has any clues, please let me know so I can finally chase that damn bug down. 

I did look into this a while back - IIRC the equipment menu ui scripts look for certain config value to determine is a certain attachment will fit to a certain weapon, however CUP weapons (and i think RHS weapons) use a different config value to vanilla weapons and the one the script is looking for, needed a script modification so that it checked for these different config values when certain mods are active.

On 2/2/2017 at 10:28 PM, law-giver said:

I've been tinkering with my sari altis edit, removed the skill scripts/folder as they seem to be useless, plus a tidy up.

yeah never really finished those, were just a direct port from WFBE to add some variaton to the different lobby slots.

On 2/4/2017 at 5:53 PM, law-giver said:

I get this in my rpt:

I get this error quite a bit, seems to be related to this line:

Any solutions would be great from you coding GODS. I've got rid of most of the other rpt errors but this one eludes me. :/

Occurs whenever AI teams purchase a unit. As to why you'll have to backtrack it yourself, really cant remember much more on that one.Fairly sure its something I broke along the way so maybe comparing with vanilla 0.97 might reveal something!

• Like 1

On 4.2.2017 at 6:57 PM, law-giver said:

Yeah i still play that one often on my little server, it's actually one of my favourite Warfare versions. Sari's version obviously. And 2.071 Ace and non Ace versions. :f:

• Like 1

On 06/02/2017 at 5:35 PM, Sari said:

Hey all, as always glad to see this living on! Some slightly vague answers as im going off memory but hopefully will be some use to those still making the magic happen!

I did look into this a while back - IIRC the equipment menu ui scripts look for certain config value to determine is a certain attachment will fit to a certain weapon, however CUP weapons (and i think RHS weapons) use a different config value to vanilla weapons and the one the script is looking for, needed a script modification so that it checked for these different config values when certain mods are active.

yeah never really finished those, were just a direct port from WFBE to add some variaton to the different lobby slots.

Occurs whenever AI teams purchase a unit. As to why you'll have to backtrack it yourself, really cant remember much more on that one.Fairly sure its something I broke along the way so maybe comparing with vanilla 0.97 might reveal something!

Thanks Sari, will download one of Becti's original files and use kdiff3 to see what's changed and see what i can muck up, so thanks for the tip. And nice to see you about watching over us. :f:

Personally i'm not bothered about the skills anyway as i play alone alongside the Ai, it's good enough for a few hours killing time. If i can't fix the above problem it's no biggie as it's the only error i get now. Hope to see you hanging around or using those magic fingers to improve on this as it's stagnated since you (Sari), Tasty & Onno have left or seem to have left. And the other guys have locked their files which again i'm not criticising them for protecting their work. 

But i'm grateful that you chose not to lock your own modification. It's how i learn to tinker, and why i enjoy seeing hours of f*cking things up actually working. So RESPECT to all the guys who choose not to lock their files for us mere mortals to tinker at home as i do in my spare time. But i still have RESPECT to those that choose to lock their work. It's their choice. :f:

**Update to self**

After finally getting on my PC today i had a quick look at Server_AI_PurchaseSquad.sqf and i cordoned off a bit of your code (Sari) and had a quick 20 minute play and no rpt errors. Ai went to attack the town and turn around as soon as Barracks constructed as normal. They purchased units and went on to attack the town, salvagers also appeared and went about their business. Had to quit but so far so good, but will give a proper play test this weekend as the wife has me decorating all this week. Off to bed. :(

This is my current Server_AI_PurchaseSquad.sqf that i'm testing and seems fine so far. Also removed unused private variables from section that's disabled, keeps it tidy. :f:

private ["_can_use","_seed","_group","_compose","_factory","_flaten","_group","_need","_picked","_pool","_probability","_side"];

_group = _this select 0;
_side = _this select 1;
_pool = _this select 2;
_factory = _this select 3;

_need = round(3 + random 2); //--- The amount of units to purchase
_compose = [];

_flaten = [];
{ for "_i" from 1 to (_x select 1) do {_flaten pushBack _x} } forEach _pool;

_pool = _flaten call CTI_CO_FNC_ArrayShuffle;

while {_need > 0} do {
	_picked = _pool select floor(random count _pool);
	_probability = if (count _picked > 2) then {_picked select 2} else {100};

_can_use = true;
	if (_probability != 100) then {
		if (random 100 > _probability) then {_can_use = false};
	};
/*  
	_var = missionNameSpace getVariable _picked; // Rpt error.  
		default {-1};
	};

if (_upgrade > -1) then {
		if (_upgrades select _upgrade < _var select CTI_UNIT_UPGRADE) then {_can_use = false; _need = _need - 1};
	};
*/	
	if (_can_use) then {
		_compose pushBack (_picked select 0);
		_need = _need - 1;
	};
};

{
	_seed = time + random 10000 - random 500 + diag_frameno;
	[_group, _group, _side, _x, _factory, [true, true, true, true, "", true], _seed, _need] call CTI_SE_FNC_OnClientPurchase;
} forEach _compose;

_var = missionNameSpace getVariable _picked; // Rpt error.  
		default {-1};
	};

if (_upgrade > -1) then {
		if (_upgrades select _upgrade < _var select CTI_UNIT_UPGRADE) then {_can_use = false; _need = _need - 1};
	};

This is exactly what the issue is.  Great find.

In my missions, I have the AI buying Abrams and t-90s out of upgrade order because I haven't gotten around to finishing that config page up entirely.

So when the AI finally hits gear 2, it's calling this but failing I'm assuming somewhere in the if statements. Which makes the timing of the crashes make perfect sense too.

The interesting bit is that it only happens in a dedicated environment.  Hosting locally doesn't seem to let it cause a crash.

An important bit of code, if we can get it working though.

44 minutes ago, -ToR-TheCapulet said:

An important bit of code, if we can get it working though.

Yeah i can't code for sh*t, but my brain seems to know what's it's doing, so i just follow what it does without asking questions. :f:

I don't get any crashes whatsoever, but my version is simply Sari's default with a few edits here and there. :f:

Fingers crossed Sari will see it and say "Oh that bit of code, that's an easy fix". We can only dream. :eh:

5 hours ago, law-giver said:

Yeah i can't code for sh*t, but my brain seems to know what's it's doing, so i just follow what it does without asking questions. :f:

Fingers crossed Sari will see it and say "Oh that bit of code, that's an easy fix". We can only dream. :eh:

Lol, we're in the same boat.  Guess that makes us designers?  Now we just need to find a programmer to exploit! :icon_cool:

With that said, BECTI has been given permission to use the jet loadout selection UI system by John spartan and Saul so we can finally get a replacement for EASA.  Anyone want to help implement it?

• Like 1

I'm currently using Enigma's "TypeSqfEditor" and going through all the sqf files looking for "OBVIOUS" (even a monkey can find them) errors, ie: syntax errors, unused arrays, missing arrays etc etc. I'm about 60% done and found quite a few. "Why?", you ask. I just like to tinker and quite possibly i'm just stupid. :eh:

I do a few folders at a time, test it, check the rpt then back up the working test mission and move on to the next. It's slow and laborious but keeps my brain ticking over. No mission errors so far. It worked fine before i started but got curious using Enigma's tool and got a bit carried away lol. Anything that looks scary i leave it the f*ck alone. :f:

• Like 1

We recently integrated RHS into BECTI. Our server allows all of those mods plus more, we set it up so that they can be turned on/off with parameters in the lobby.  Works pretty well.

• Like 2

Jeez i'm 90+% done with Enigma's "TypeSqfEditor" and over 250 files modified. Just got the server\functions folder which is 41 files left. :dozingoff:

Play tested and nothing broken and no rpt errors. :f:

I think i should erase my memory of  Enigma's "TypeSqfEditor" or i'll end up checking all my mission edits, and then some! :eh:

**UPDATE**

Done! Now i can get back to playing. :don11:

• Like 1

We recently integrated RHS into BECTI. Our server allows all of those mods plus more, we set it up so that they can be turned on/off with parameters in the lobby.  Works pretty well.

I really like RHS but at the same time i'm happy just using the default units and vehicles. After all we're all firing and receiving the same bullets at the end of the day. And it's just eye candy in my opinion, but saying that i might implement RHS into my own personal edit.

If i can spend a bl**dy age using Enigma's "TypeSqfEditor" i'm sure i can manage that. Or can I? :eh:

On 2/6/2017 at 0:35 PM, Sari said:

I couldn't really find it calling anything aside for the compatibleItems array from the weapon config.  And with that said, it seems like it should be working just fine. 

case (_type == CTI_TYPE_ITEM): {
					switch (getNumber(configFile >> _config_type >> _item >> 'ItemInfo' >> 'type')) do {
						case CTI_SUBTYPE_ACC_MUZZLE: {
							_acc_idcs = [77014, 77019, 77024];
							//--- Where does it fit?
							{
								if ((_x select 0) != "") then {
									if (_item in (getArray(configFile >> _config_type >> (_x select 0) >> 'WeaponSlotsInfo' >> 'MuzzleSlot' >> 'compatibleItems') call CTI_CO_FNC_ArrayToLower)) then {_idcs = _idcs + [_acc_idcs select _forEachIndex]};
								};
							} forEach (_gear select 0);
						};
						case CTI_SUBTYPE_ACC_SIDE: {
							_acc_idcs = [77015, 77020, 77025];
							//--- Where does it fit?
							{
									if (_item in (getArray(configFile >> _config_type >> (_x select 0) >> 'WeaponSlotsInfo' >> 'PointerSlot' >> 'compatibleItems') call CTI_CO_FNC_ArrayToLower)) then {_idcs = _idcs + [_acc_idcs select _forEachIndex]};
								};
						};
						case CTI_SUBTYPE_ACC_OPTIC: {
							_acc_idcs = [77016, 77021, 77026];
							//--- Where does it fit?
							{
									if (_item in (getArray(configFile >> _config_type >> (_x select 0) >> 'WeaponSlotsInfo' >> 'CowsSlot' >> 'compatibleItems') call CTI_CO_FNC_ArrayToLower)) then {_idcs = _idcs + [_acc_idcs select _forEachIndex]};
								};
						};
						case CTI_SUBTYPE_ACC_BIPOD: {
							_acc_idcs = [77017, 77022, 77027];
							//--- Where does it fit?
							{
									if (_item in (getArray(configFile >> _config_type >> (_x select 0) >> 'WeaponSlotsInfo' >> 'UnderBarrelSlot' >> 'compatibleItems') call CTI_CO_FNC_ArrayToLower)) then {_idcs = _idcs + [_acc_idcs select _forEachIndex]};
								};
						};

-ToR-TheCapulet,

Have you tried Incon Airpower by Incontinentia? I've implemented into my personal edit and it's really cool. After you purchase some laser deg's & batteries & optional uav terminal you can call in air strikes or mark targets. I added the option to Alpha only. It really adds to the fun, just seeing that missile or bomb strike smash that armour up. Really cool!

And a big thanks for Incontinentia for making it work on becti because it didn't work at first. Top man! :f:

Is there actually a usable Warfare / CTI for ARMA 3 with functional Ai and Ai Commander?

I am uninstalling close to the ARMA 3. I (we [SF]) will definitely no longer buy DLC and certainly no ARMA 4.
Is sad what has become of the famous ARMA Warfare / CTI series .... :down:
Assume that it is at ARMA 3 itself.

Does not Sari go any further?

Warfare-CTI-OFPS would make a good impression, but just AI is not really functional.

1 hour ago, SF_andy said:

Is there actually a usable Warfare / CTI for ARMA 3 with functional Ai and Ai Commander?

See the Capulet's BECTI version few pages back.

AI seems to be working really nice, at least I/we have a lots of fun playing COOP or SP!