Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

Live round GBU12 please

Would it be possible to have live round GBU12 instead of inert training rounds? I think those would be more helpful in a battle situation. ;)

inert_gbu.jpg

I see that this is a rather low prio issue but i'm asking myself how such a mistake could happen in the first place. I mean, someone had to type those word down "INERT". If you're (understandably) too busy to fix this, just drop me a line and i will provide you with a proper model including correct texture. :p

:EDITH:

Maybe a little help for your non-english bomb modeller: http://translate.google.com/#en/cs/inert

*ducks and runs* ;)

Dear OP.

Please search before posting, there is a thread already for that: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?125819-ArmA-3-Community-wishes-amp-ideas-NO-DISCUSSION - also you could use the feedback tracker.

Infraction +1 for that. (Search before posting)

:P

Nice try. ;)

But this is not a wish nor a idea but a bug report. And i don't want to fill up the feedback tracker with such non-critical stuff. Appreciate that you tried but i'm affraid i have to tell you that you failed. No worries, happens to the best. :D

@dale0404

would you be so kind and pass me a bag of popcorn too?

@Iceman77

Opposite to popular opinion we don't think we're beyond and above any rules. We do appreciate if community members point out if we've made mistakes. We're only human after all. Just because you don't see such things in public doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Nice find, really nice find. But somehow it doesn't make sense. In this case, IMHO it would/should have DIME instead of INERT written on it. One could guess that the MK-82 warhead in the future has DIME as explosive filling (which would also explain the "25kg" imprint, todays MK-82 has 89kg explosives) but then i doubt that they would still use the GBU-12 fitting, more likely the would switch to the GBU-39/SDB. I think it's more likely that either the MK-82 is used in todays configuration or completely retired than experimenting with alternative explosives.

Might also be that they wanted to have a easteregg:

Bomb

Inert

Samp

The imprint on the MK-82.

As long as it Bounces it will make good Bomb for Practice please dont throw it away all together :)

What Inert GBU are used for Notice the bounce

aKDUniJLuGM

Lol, that bonce video. Kinda funny. But, on the other hand, who thinks they should make slightly bigger conventional bombs? Such as 500 Lb, and 1000 LB?

Lol, that bonce video. Kinda funny. But, on the other hand, who thinks they should make slightly bigger conventional bombs? Such as 500 Lb, and 1000 LB?

GBU-12 is actually 500Lb. There is also 1000 and 2000 LB variants but I highly doubt L39 (forgot the ARMA name) could carry 2000lb version and 1000lb just would look silly on those tiny wings. You can actually arm dumb bombs with laser or JDAM kits but doesn't really make any difference in ARMA.

Myke;2525897']

Might also be that they wanted to have a easteregg:

Bomb

Inert

Samp

The imprint on the MK-82.

Perhaps' date=' but those are the actual markings used on French-made GBU-12/Mk.82 airframes (and a pic showing the text more clearly on a live Mk.82, for comparison).

SAMP = Societe des Ateliers Mecaniques de Pont-sur-Sambre - the company that manufactures France's bombs. "25 KG" is probably a typo and it should say "250 KG" (~500lb in our puny, European metric weights ;))

Might be that "BIS" is just a massive coincidence from whatever image they used as a reference when modelling the GBU-12.

France and the UK dropped plenty of inert Paveway II bombs in Libya and during previous conflicts, to reduce collateral damage in urban areas. The force of that solid mass falling at a few hundred feet per second is certainly enough to make a mess off individual vehicle targets and non-reinforced structures without the need for the equivalent of 500lbs of TNT going bang along with it.

Regardless, as you say the "INERT" markings shouldn't really be there with the yellow HE stripe and the actual ingame effect of the weapon.

^^ Rivet-counters :couch:

But accurate information in a topic that demands accuracy. Its appropriate. ;)

@da12thMonkey

Thank you very much for this info, very interesting indeed. Didn't knew about a french version of the Mk.82. Finally it confirms that the texture is really wrong and should be corrected if time allows.

France's bombs. "25 KG" is probably a typo and it should say "250 KG" (~500lb in our puny, European metric weights***)

227 kg ? Or is that military accuracy ?

550lb in our puny euro :D

Ok 226.blah for engineers and scientist , looks more like to me bis got texture from a dummy in a museum lol and no typo just misunderstanding

Edited by Sealife

Military accuracy

AFAIK 500lb/250kg, 1000lb/450kg etc. are just nominal weight categories that NATO agreed upon to indicate how big of a bomb can be loaded onto different weapon stations on an aircraft, and overall bomb-load that an aircraft is capable of carrying. It sort of indicates the explosive power of the weapons load as well.

They're never exactly equivalent to measured values associated with the weapons anyway, so they can get away with rounding to "nice" numbers. It's just there to give a rough indication of capabilities.