Sign in to follow this  
Albert Schweitzer

Official ofp stuntman thread

sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif But i guess thats your opinion.. i know i would use it over and over again on mp with my bros biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ Aug. 25 2002,10:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Uhhhhhhhh, i move to say no no no no no on that one tounge.gif

Hows THIS for distance!? The 6 FLYING chinooks jump!<span id='postcolor'>

Well, it is nice, but I still prefer 8 chinooks smile.gif

chin1.jpg

chin2.jpg

chin3.jpg

chin4.jpg

chin5.jpg

very nice car there.. not too sure about the bonit though

Grrr Denior. I can never get that far off that ramp. Only off that grey one that actually works only 10% of the time.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rob @ Aug. 26 2002,03:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">very nice car there.. not too sure about the bonit though<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah. It's half-finished. I can't find a picture of the top of a xj220 confused.gif

that must suck dude.... keep looking smile.gif looks impresive.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Grrr Denior. I can never get that far off that ramp. Only off that grey one that actually works only 10% of the time.<span id='postcolor'>

Well he must of changed the max speed in the cpp file so that he can go twice as far... not hard smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rob @ Aug. 26 2002,03:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well he must of changed the max speed in the cpp file so that he can go twice as far... not hard smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No actually. And perhaps somebody can explain it to me. I can't get higher speeds then the original jaguar has. There is a parameter called maxSpeed. Its default value for the Jag is something like 400. Even if I put it to 10000, I get no change confused.gif

I just read this whole thread......u guys r nuts. (but it was the funniest thing I have read all year)

just wait until there's a Maseratti addon...i'm pretty sure Denoir will be happy to drive that one wink.giftounge.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Aug. 26 2002,04:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">just wait until there's a Maseratti addon...i'm pretty sure Denoir will be happy to drive that one wink.gif  tounge.gif  biggrin.gif  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

um..drive..eh, yes *cough*crash*cough* biggrin.gif

Edit: For those uninformed, in my irresponsible youth I trashed my dad's 1969 Masarati Ghibli Spider. smile.gif

Denoir, how do you get the choppers to hover so low...I've messed around with setposition and flyinheight commands and can't get it to work. Could you tell me exactly how to do it?

As for a stunt island, it wouldn't really need buildings or features other than roads and terrain, so it wouldn't be as hard as a fully featured island...heck, even the Desert Island with roads would be OK...

Albert, my pics were made with command view, not by using 3rd person with freelook on...

Best stunt cars I have found so far:

Dodge Challenger

Subaru Impreza

Jaguar XJ-220

and the Beobachter BRDM  smile.gif

I think a full stunt mod would be quite popular, with a stunt island, car pack (reskins to give more variation, like the Challenger with a flame paint job etc.), new ramp types...and I hope someone makes a high powered motorcycle addon, like a Ducati or BMW...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Aug. 26 2002,05:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Denoir, how do you get the choppers to hover so low...I've messed around with setposition and flyinheight commands and can't get it to work. Could you tell me exactly how to do it?<span id='postcolor'>

Choppers with a simple "this flyinheight 2".

Airplanes are a bit more complex, you have to lay out waypoints pretty dense with setpos so that you get a continuous movement.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think a full stunt mod would be quite popular, with a stunt island, car pack (reskins to give more variation, like the Challenger with a flame paint job etc.), new ramp types...and I hope someone makes a high powered motorcycle addon, like a Ducati or BMW...

<span id='postcolor'>

I want European sport cars. Not that there is anything wrong with the classic american, but I like the aesthetics of the European better. Perhaps if I will bother sometime I'll make the Swedish Koenigsegg:

11_640.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 25 2002,20:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I want European sport cars. Not that there is anything wrong with the classic american, but I like the aesthetics of the European better. Perhaps if I will bother sometime I'll make the Swedish Koenigsegg:

11_640.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

*sighs dreamily* Me too...

Yugo1.jpg

j/k I would like to see Ferarris and BMW's though. Has anyone else seen that BMW that was posted on the german OFP site? It had see through rims and was looking pretty wild.

looks to me like the first car ever invented lol

BRDM jump, now with explosions!  tounge.gif

082620021341942.jpg

Not all stunts go right...

082620021342163.jpg

C'mon guys, don't be afraid to share your failures, they can be fun too!  smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Aug. 25 2002,19:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dont get the picture above. How can you see your own character from the front without making his head turn away? How could <span style='color:red'>Mayor Fubar</span> do the screenshot above without the use of an Intro-camera-trigger.

If I use the key to make my soldier look around his head turns too, so I can look at him from all sides, but never see his face. confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

SCAN_mayor_mccheese.jpg

LOL tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rob @ Aug. 26 2002,02:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hello?  mad.gif

Why is it no one pays attention to my threads?

I mean im not the only one that has the idea of doing this...  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Which thread? smile.gif I dont know what you mean. I read basically any every thread. Whether I answer or not has to do with whether something comes to mind that I could contribute.

Dont think that the amount of people answering to a post or thread has to do with how much they like you or your post. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 26 2002,02:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mora2: I run it on a 1,3 Ghz with a GF3 (original) card - nothing special - and no special tweaks.<span id='postcolor'>

Mora2: If you try to read my posts instead of just lookig at the pretty pictures, it would be easier for all of us smile.gif

Which pictures? biggrin.gif

How did you swedish beast make this plane turn and then keep flying that way. It think you are just editing your Bitmaps tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Aug. 26 2002,13:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How did you swedish beast make this plane turn and then keep flying that way. It think you are just editing your Bitmaps  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Inverted? It is very simple with a joystick. I would hardly even call it a stunt. Just roll the plane by moving the stick horizontally and fly it. Flying inverted is no more difficult then flyint the regular way -  you just have to get used to it.

inv.jpg

inv2.jpg

So i guess it s impossible ( or almost ) with keys sad.gif

Darn, and i didn t wanna connect mine confused.gif

playing OFP with joystick, that sounds good! But mouse and keyboard works fine as well! So denoir, If I would like to modify an island to turn it into Stunt-heaven, what tools should I use?

WRP Edit, but you wouldn't want to do that. WRP Edit is mean to its users. If you are not careful it might bite your arm off smile.gif