Sign in to follow this  
mikey74

Artificial intelligence Support System! Released

Suppression  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Suppression

• Supression command for player?
    • No suppression command for player?
    • Make suppression a separate mod from AISS?
    • Keep suppression with AISS?
    • Suppression in AISS is good?
    • Suppression in AISS is moderate?
    • Suppression in AISS can use some work please read my post?
    • Other please read my post?

I love using this mod as well. My only request is for an option in the userconfig to turn it off for specific sides. I really like the enemy having the ability to rain arty down on my head at any given moment, but I would rather be in charge of calling in my own mortar rounds and such. Like having a choice to turn it on or off for east, west, and/or independent in the userconfig. And thanks a ton for giving us this awesome mod!

@Jblack9 yeh I love the fire fight mod too. DID it really die out?!?!?! I was wondering why I haven't seen updates for that. That mod had tons of potential. As for the diving for cover. That may be a bit above my scripting knowledge, BUT If I get time to, I may look into that. I turned that one off though on his mod as it seemed to use up a lot of resources on my pc. :/

@Banky Hmmmm Thats definitely a sound Idea. I actually think I can whip something up for that yes. Very busy work week for me so it could be a while before I get a chance to update. But maybe in next update or two I'll do that. WHICH makes sense because when I implement infantry, armor support, and AI respawn I'll want to also place an on and off config for that as well. Thanks for the awesome ideas guys! :)

Banky I've already done it. Took me less than an hour to figure that in. That is if what I've done works. Just have to test it to make sure its right. Then I'll release it. ;)

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

************ Update 1.8 ******************

You now have the option for chance of each side in userconfig. Type 0 is you don't want a side to use Artillery.

Updated other configs to work better.

http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/67765587/file.html

BTW make sure that your artillery is out at correct ranges or they will not fire when the command comes in as it will be out of range.

Edited by Mikey74

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@Mikey74 - Yeah he had to discontinue he mod several months ago because of school. It's really disappointing because that mod, combined with yours, TPW, TMR, and WW's mods are probably my favorite mods. The problem with his mod is added a function called LoseCOMMAND, which causes troops to panic and no longer be under your command during firefights, because this function was largely unresolved it breaks missions, and should just be deleted from the scripts. I wish I knew more about scripting or I'd try to fix it myself, also, my attempts to reach him have failed. I was hoping to see some of his scripts rolled into your mod, because there are some pretty awesome synergies between his and yours, but mainly the diving animation script. If you unpbo the PBO files, I think you'd be able to incorporate his stuff into your mod. He did give his express permissions for any modder to use it.

@Jblack9 Well yeh. His and Rydegers Arty scripts have inspired my artillery script. I just took it a few steps further with what limited knowledge I have. Its actually a miracle I even got this working. I may look into incorporating some of zooloes script down the road, but at the moment. I'm going in a different direction. My 1st order of business is to improve the support side of this script. Artillery still needs a few tweaks that I'm reading up on. I want to implement Armor support, infantry support, CAS, and work in a working AI respawn system. Once I get past some of these, and have a little better grasp of this programming language of which I don't even know what its called. lol I'll delve further into some more advanced stuff like animations and such.

The good news is. Though there will be moments I wont be able to update as quickly as I like. I will be here editing this for a good little while. So this wont die for a while. Hopefully down the road maybe I'll get some help from people with better scripting knowledge than I have. Thanks for your suggestion though I have looked at his script and a lot of it has me scratching my head at the moment. ;)

********************News***********************

Well I have discovered how to use switch command. It looks like I'll be rewriting the script as the things I'll need to implement will need to know about all units, all way points, and basically just the whole situation on the battlefield.

Edited by Mikey74

********************Update 2.0********************

http://www70.zippyshare.com/v/56476642/file.html

If you want to change userconfig variables in just your missions. Just copy the config variable and paste it in your init. MAKE sure you put at least sleep 10; command before you put in the config variable. Thanks Mikey74

Changes 2.0

Script rewrote.

Userconfigs now work properly.

Added an OOB script which stands for Order of Battle. Basically it identifies and stores all units into specific categories.

Found and squashed several bugs I missed in earlier versions.

Chance of AI suppressing target before Art rounds hit.

Sample mission for the editor with examples of using the userconfig variables in mission to make mission's as you like.

Enjoy.

******************Poll***************************

I've put up a poll. The reasons 1) I'm kind of stuck. I work on one thing then start another and its slowing me down. So I need to pinpoint one thing at a time. 2) This is taking up a lot of my time. Also taking up others time by adding this to there forum. I don't mind improving this and others spending there time on this if I know others are interested. That way I know its worth my time and others who dedicate there time with me on this. Thanks for you're response.

Edited by Mikey74

ummmm I'm a doof!!!!! Looks like I replaced the good file I had with one that wasnt working right. lol Thought those errors looked familier!!!! Have to rewrite it again more carefully. lol Hopefully will be posting the new improved update soon!.

Edited by Mikey74

***********************UPDATE 2.3**********************************

Short video

NATO calls in MRLS on CSAT, plus towards end you'll see CAS is also called.

By the way that is Bipickles mod speed of sound your hearing.

http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/74051855/file.html version 2.3

CAS now implemented.

Rewrote Artillery script.

Artillery will not longer call support if friendly's in same radius as target.

BUGS:

Anoying CAS calls to often will fix next update.

UAV CAS will not fire at targets. <- this one may take me a bit to figure out how to fix that.

next update:

May go with AI respawn as my pc is not the pc is was when I bought Arma 2co

Start with armor and infantry support. mainly by just revealing unknown enemies to units who havent seen them yet, but by others on same side has. WILL improve on that as I go.

What to look for.

I think I squashed it, but I kept getting _mag undefined variable.

Let me know if Artillery is not firing enough for you. I placed some randomizers in for the spotter to try to curve other errors. Userconfigs are still in use.

Enjoy,

Mikey74

Edited by Mikey74

update

*********************2.4*****************************

http://www16.zippyshare.com/v/12745189/file.html

CAS no longer called so often.

few other tweals.

I've got a question.... Should I take away the radio messages about support calls?

Edited by Mikey74

***************************** update 2.5 ***************************

http://www53.zippyshare.com/v/14593170/file.html

Change Log:

CAS was calling for CAS support. I Fixed that. Will call in Artillery strike instead.

Tweaked CAS from domove command to Destroy WP.

Tweaked Arty a bit. Cant remember at the moment what I did.

Tweaked OOB so that it will recognize better when units are killed or spawned.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Would it be possible to base the percentage at which AI calls in support off of some form of threat stat. So when a big group of AI sees a fireteam it doesn't instantly go OH GOD WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE WE NEED CAS.

And for the extra infantry as a form of support, have them come in with APCs and such. and if transport choppers are available, they get flown in.

Also the transport chopper could drop out a small ammobox. (as in not the standard ammobox that has A BILLION OF EVERYTHING(maybe just have about 15 magazines, 5 frag grenades, 1 rocket, and 10 medkits(so an ammo resupply support still has a purpose)))

For the ammo resupply support, have it based off of how many people in a group are low on ammo, and the size of the ammo resupply based off of the size of the group. (so 2 people don't get a full truck of ammo, only a small airdropped box)

But before the AI calls for ammo resupply, have it check within something around 500 meters for a NATO(or whatever side the unit is on) ammo source (most likely a crate or truck) unless the group is currently in combat, in which case only check within 70 meters.

And airdropped boxes need to be brought in via a transport chopper.

Edited by Fragmagnet

The CAS is only called when there is armor or way more known infantry than the group that calls it. Make sure your version is 2.5. It doesn't go as nuts on that one as it did for last few. lol

As for the other stuff. Hmmmm some interesting suggestions. I will definitely take some of that into consideration depending on if I can figure out certain parts of what you're asking for in the code.

Those updates may be a good little while before I can implement them. That is looking like a lot of code and a lot of research I'm going to have to do to implement.

My original plan for inf, and armor support was to have them go on flanking runs while another is using suppression. Well that was actually my 2nd plan my 1st plan was any group set on the map with no way points get called in when other groups in the fight have there numbers depleted. I may still go with either or orr both.

As for coming in on APC's and such. It would all depend on what you put on the map. Say if you put a mech or motorized squad they would deffo do this. Basically I'm trying to put the control in the AI's, and mission makers hands with as less fuss as possible for the mission maker.

I'm pretty sure I'm running 2.5 and a blufor fireteam just called in cas on an Opfor fireteam.

the Blufor also kept sending the request every 10 seconds.

I added 4 more units to the blufor group, still instantly calls in CAS on the Opfor fireteam.

Edited by Fragmagnet

Hah lol I found it. yup it will call CAS on infantry more often than not. SO I've taken an if statement off and added another variable. Gotta test it one more time then I'll release hot fix. Still on my end it didnt do what you described, BUT it did do it. One more test hopefully and I'll post the new update for that.

---------- Post added at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

Hotfix 2.5 CAS called to often on infantry.

http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/87905189/file.html

next update:

Artillery needs to be more sporadic per unit.

hey buddy, the more recent updates seem to have an incomplete userconfig, with only the minimum radius present. Looks like one of the older userconfigs.

New release. 2.7

http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/29980314/file.html

Use this one instead:

http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/56497633/file.html

changelog:

I wasnt happy with the rate of fire from artillery. Not enough Barrages.

Still not quite happy with Armor and infantry support. Hopefully in next release or two.

Almost there on AI respawn. possible next release.

Fixing to move again. So I'm not sure I'll be able to sneak in a big release before then, but will try.

Edited by Mikey74

Major update 2.9

http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/32050739/file.html

Infantry and armor now in use for AI support. Just place unit/groups you want to support AI on map with no way points. AISS will do the rest.

AI will now communicate enemy positions with each other.

More improvements on Artillery part of script.

Changed Radio chatter. Trying to tone it down a bit as it makes it hard for players with no mic to communicate on MP.

The next update most likely will be last major update. All others after that will be tweaks and hotfixes.

Edited by Mikey74

Major update 2.9

http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/32050739/file.html

Infantry and armor now in use for AI support. Just place unit/groups you want to support AI on map with no way points. AISS will do the rest.

AI will now communicate enemy positions with each other.

More improvements on Artillery part of script.

Changed Radio chatter. Trying to tone it down a bit as it makes it hard for players with no mic to communicate on MP.

The next update most likely will be last major update. All others after that will be tweaks and hotfixes.

Wait I literally just place enemy infantry on the map, and they'll support eachother automatically? awesome!

Thanks guys. Looking forward to feed back. Yes it does if they have no waypoints. Now this is within a certain radius. I think 1,4k at present friendlies from spotting unit.