Sign in to follow this  
dezkit

Head Tracking

Does anybody else here feel like the head tracking in this game is very inferior to other games?

When flying in the buzzard it feels very weird. If you move your head forward, your vision zooms in, instead of your head moving forward. You can't move your head up and down, even though the game was advertised as having 6 DOF. Plus, moving your head forward while you are turned is very very buggy.

Thanks for reading

Edited by dezkit

Agree. It also doesn't work properly when you have floating zone on (I use 100%).

Does anybody else here feel like the head tracking in this game is very inferior to other games?

When flying in the buzzard it feels very weird. If you move your head forward, your vision zooms in, instead of your head moving forward. You can't move your head up and down, even though the game was advertised as having 6 DOF. Plus, moving your head forward while you are turned is very very buggy.

Thanks for reading

Configuration/Controls/View, there change "zoom in" to "head forward (anlg)".

Head forward works in helicopters, but not in Buzzard. But at least it gets rid of the distracting zoom.

Configuration/Controls/View, there change "zoom in" to "head forward (anlg)".

Head forward works in helicopters, but not in Buzzard. But at least it gets rid of the distracting zoom.

I just tried it in the chopper. It's piss poor.

Theres only 2 DOF worth using in ArmA 3, all others are 10% functional

please make Feedback tracker ticket about it, or post URL if it already exists :)

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15127

That is the link to the feedback tracker. Dwarden, is there a way to get an answer to the ticket?

Because some of the tickets I had made have been marked as assigned but do not even have a reply from a dev.

Thanks man!

It's pretty good on foot. But yeah, in vehicles the 6dof is kind of weird/restrictive. Some vehicles it's not setup properly. I'd love to have more freedom to move around. You can only move a tiny bit into the 6dof zones and it suddenly feels like you have a Hans device on.

You should be able to fix the Zoom problem by unassigning TIR from that command in the controls.

It definitely can be improved but I use Track IR and it works fine for me. I really dont need the side to side stuff. It does make it more realistic though. Problem is like in other games sometimes you can actually sway outside a cockpit etc.

It definitely can be improved but I use Track IR and it works fine for me. I really dont need the side to side stuff. It does make it more realistic though. Problem is like in other games sometimes you can actually sway outside a cockpit etc.

It is a problem for me because landing, both airplane and helicopter, is extremely difficult if you can't look over the obstacles blocking your view.

i.e. when you are going in for landing from the right or left of the runway in the buzzard, the little lines block your view. You should be able to look over this obstacle.

Yeah for the chopper I do have to switch to external view for sure that does make sense that we could use better range of motion. I wonder if we increased the FOV a bit it might help. It just misses the peripheral vision that you get in real life and need when in choppers. Landing a real chopper is a hell of a lot easier to do than this sim without being able to see.

I just tried it in the chopper. It's piss poor.

Theres only 2 DOF worth using in ArmA 3, all others are 10% functional

I don't think you can move your head that much sideways or up/down when you are strapped in your seat in tight buzzard cockpit.

The AH/MH9 has more space and more freedom, head forward is quite limited, though. As you have your seat belt on and your neck doesn't stretch that much.

Head roll is quite cool flying a jet, too.

Just wondering, the ticket that I posted is listed as Reviewed now. What does this mean?

how do you use the head tracking ?

You can also use free tracking, without spending 150$