Sign in to follow this  
Hatchet_Harry

Altis: Which Mod are you waiting for?

Hello,

i installed some new servers and have to much performance in my datacenter. I dont want to mod existing mods, because i am scripting a new mod atm. This will take some time.

I am thinking about hosting some different mods for this time. I am waiting for some mods too.

I am waiting for:

[MP] Altis Wasteland - by JoShaap, Agentrev, HisShadow and 404 - Link: https://github.com/A3Wasteland/ArmA3_Wasteland.Altis

[MP] Altis Life - by Caiden - No longer being developed :(

[MP] Hunger Games

[COOP] None, but i think there are some really cool mods

Really, i dont stressed google for the current hunger games release. Some of our players dont want it, so its lower priorized.

Harry

Your waiting for missions, not mods, big difference.

You have missions what you play in, addons and mods you play with.

When i have Arma3, I would like to see insurgency, and evolution, if they are not already out.

I liked the ArmA 2 Evolution missions where you take over the whole island town by town :p

The life missions need a lot more work on ArmA 3 as well.

Waiting for any mod/campaign that does Bohemia's job for them.

100% agree

arma3 is a bluff

A proper port of all A2 content in a functional manner.

+1 to this.We would have an awesome library with A2+A3 content.

I'm also waiting for RHS to work their magic(iranians??pfft watch when ruskies will come),FFAA,Charon's Zombie mod and Vilas excellent polish army and civ stuff if he decides to port them.Others too but can't remember right now.

I'm making my own mission, I'm just waiting for someone to play it with. It is of course not easy with a lot of people having school. Including me.

I'm waiting for the FFAA Mod and RHS also more advanced versions of AV_inf and PLA.

Well I'll love anything that adds modern and realistic futuristic armies ( no Bioshock armors like the CSAT ) to have more toys to play.

A proper port of all A2 content in a functional manner.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152706-All-in-Arma-%28AiA%29-TKOH-OA-A2-A1-merge-with-A3

+1. Waiting for real weapons and missions. Obviously, BIS is incapable of it.

What the community is for, thats why there is an editor in the core of the game, since day 1 of OFP, the game was designed with modder in mind.

Bis is job is to give you a base game to work with, with functions and features and engine upgrades which modders cant do, probably could if they knew

how but essentially the vanilla game your getting isn't so much about content as it is what the new engine brings the game, the content is just in my

view a mask for what the community makes of the new engine via the editor.

just wait and see, you seen where and what Arma2CO got, well watch what Arma3 gets, I'd rather BIS focus on engine functions, and optimizations,

and performance and game features then content, anyone can make content if their inspired and diligent enough to follow through.

Your waiting for missions, not mods, big difference.

You have missions what you play in, addons and mods you play with.

When i have Arma3, I would like to see insurgency, and evolution, if they are not already out.

Thanks for this answer. It was just a typo. I am not a native english speaker.

Tactical Battlefield: Seems to be really cool. I think i will love this missions too.

Sorry guys, but will focus on german communities and will not use the general forum again. I am annoyed by this "bis is not doing their job discussion". My opinion about their job is a little bit different: Good Job! Take the time you need.

... damn complainers.

Tactical Battlefield. PR:A2 missions were the best public PvP games I ever played in A2 so I'm really excited about this mod.

+1. Waiting for good public PvP mod(s).

And also WWII mods.

Hell, I want TacBF + I44 combined. That would be like Red Orchestra/Darkest Hour x10^2

I was thinking of making one of my own this time around, but unsure on what.

Also waiting for ACRE as my clan really enjoyed it in A2.

I've been thinking about trying to make a mod in the Command and Conquer Tiberium or Red Alert worlds, I'm not sure yet. Overall, I would prefer to see more scifi mods and creative stuff, like maybe a game that takes place in space, or even an X-COM mod. We also really need fun PVP missions that encourage teamwork. Especially with regard to player load-outs, squad management, and what they are trying to accomplish.

1) Short term: Planes. You have an amazing view distance, with no pop-ups, FINALLY 3D clouds, but only one plane to fly with?

2) Long term: Proper OPFOR, with completly different equipment than BLUFOR. Same level of distinction as between Soviets and America in OFP. Get rid of all the reskins and Frankensteins.

Well I would actually like BIS to take care of that, but...Yeah.

Seems there are many new faces here which is always great to see, but being new, many don't realize that the most important type of mod which we are sorely missing in A3 right now is a mod which creates all the dynamic AI for all the missions you're waiting for. Unless you're only into PlayervsPlayer then mission makers NEED a solid dynamic AI script in order to make missions with good replay value...it is crucial to the success of the franchise and always has been since the OFP days.

I'm actually dumb founded that BIS has not implemented this out of the box yet for the mission makers out here, and as usual are depending on the free community to live or die by.

Kronzky's UPS and UPSMON are not technically sound yet in A3, and the very best DAC (by Silola) seems to have left the scene altogether after 12 years of free service (an absolutely scary loss for BIS).

Dynamic AI is the single most important addon/mod for this game bar none...without it everything else is useless as far as coop is concerned.