Sign in to follow this  
DJankovic

What if...Altis had like weather seazons

I was having fun in editor this day and i got to the intel..and i was thinking what if like i pick month december in intel and when map load out tere is snow on map.. :) how nice would that nice be..and snowy weather and if u pick like march or some other just like in real life seasons by month so how nice would be to have that..like dynamic weather and something like that :)

So i will just leave this here :) i hope that map maker will read this :) Thank you

Altis is in the Mediterranean so realistically the seasonal changes are won't be that big. Someone will no doubt make a separate winter mod snow island eventually.

i also always wanted this and i have a project related to this concept on my todo list. the big problem here is the sat map/terrain texture. while clutter could maybe even be handled dynamically the sat map will always require you to load a new terrain. that's sadly something that i didn't find a workaround for yet.

trees and houses that change textures depending on season on the other hand is totally possible.

maybe physical snow that covers everything - somekind of "cloud"- Object with the difference you can walk on...

Yeah.... and decrease your fps even more. Awsome :)

You can mod another 3 maps for different seasons

When you first get into Altis, the hills or distant views look like snow covered hills :p Then in an instant, it changes back to summer. lol

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

Altis(Lemnos) Myrina Castle snow covered ;)

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3253/3126474829_45ee734a42.jpg (109 kB)

Another one,

http://vmdesignblogglobal.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/angelakarastamatis-psomas.jpg?w=672&h=504

And another one,

http://vmdesignblogglobal.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/angelakarastamatis-psomas3.jpg?w=672&h=504

F*ck it, i want this :) But only through the weather engine they use if possible.

Nice pics....thanks.

BTW, I was thinking if it was possible for someone to MOD a Christmas theme.....put up lights on the trees and buildings and make Christmas trees. I think ArmA 2 had a small scenario with a Christmas tree in the town. Anyway....wish I knew how to make things or mod.

Edited by rehtus777

In my head it was like... when u pick in editor certain time and date...and when u load up that map season is corresponding to time and date that u pick in Intel..and about weather i was thinking so..if i pick 23.13.2013 (i know it will snow because it always do :) at my country for that matter) ... and if i chose that time is cloudy and like snow is falling so if i pick that date and choose weather..when i hit preview like i get map on witch there is already snow and it is snowing itc itc.. i think devs need to make snow map.. don't needed to be like this..just snow on Altis and Stratis

RushHour Tnx for great pictures :)

In my head it was like... when u pick in editor certain time and date...and when u load up that map season is corresponding to time and date that u pick in Intel..and about weather i was thinking so..if i pick 23.13.2013 (i know it will snow because it always do :) at my country for that matter) ... and if i chose that time is cloudy and like snow is falling so if i pick that date and choose weather..when i hit preview like i get map on witch there is already snow and it is snowing itc itc.. i think devs need to make snow map.. don't needed to be like this..just snow on Altis and Stratis

RushHour Tnx for great pictures :)

I know in ArmA 2 they had a mod that made the seasons change.....it would snow (or blizzard) or rain or blow the wind really hard. But when the snow fell, it would not stick or show up on the ground. The snow can be done, but I'm not sure it can be scripted to make it "Stick" on the ground.

Edited by rehtus777

What was the name of the weather engine they used now? Just wanted to visit the site and see what was really possible with it.

What was the name of the weather engine they used now? Just wanted to visit the site and see what was really possible with it.

trueSKY

I think it simulates only the sky though, the rest is built in the Real Virtuality itself.