Sign in to follow this  
Chrisjex

When will there be a new update?

So now that the game has been released, when will the next update come and what will it contain/feature?

I really hope you implement a few more vehicles and features like shooting from passenger seats and walking around vehicles why they move, such as standing up and walking around a boat, heli, truck or plane instead of just sitting down, both of which have been requested by the community for a while now.

So now that the game has been released, when will the next update come and what will it contain/feature?

I really hope you implement a few more vehicles and features like shooting from passenger seats and walking around vehicles why they move, such as standing up and walking around a boat, heli, truck or plane instead of just sitting down, both of which have been requested by the community for a while now.

If I'm not wrong the next stable version update is gonna be the first chapter of the campaign ( its gonna be released next October ). It has been said that BI are working in two jets ( one for each main side ), maybe they will be added too.

Hello there

I would expect to start seeing little updates and patches fairly soon, as to whether they will contain any major new improvements as OP mentions is quite unlikely IMHO rather tweaks and improvements to existing mechanics.

Any nice surprises are welcome though.

Rgds

LoK

features like shooting from passenger seats and walking around vehicles why they move, such as standing up and walking around a boat, heli, truck or plane instead of just sitting down, both of which have been requested by the community for a while now.

Won't happen, yet VBS1 devs post videos of it many years ago and everyone in the OFP community are like why cant we have such a feature? Many years on same story.

yeah, that's a shame, especially since mods can do that - shooting from seats and fastrope.

I'm also waiting for the submarine - Astute class

Hello there

I would expect to start seeing little updates and patches fairly soon, as to whether they will contain any major new improvements as OP mentions is quite unlikely IMHO rather tweaks and improvements to existing mechanics.

Any nice surprises are welcome though.

Rgds

LoK

I kinda have the same sentiments. I doubt we'll be seeing any more substantial updates (until the campaign episode, at which we'll see a few new assets and that's probably it), probably just little things here and there, which is kinda sad. I hope I'm proved wrong, but I'm not expecting it.

yeah, that's a shame, especially since mods can do that - shooting from seats and fastrope.

I'm also waiting for the submarine - Astute class

Yes, submarines and aircraft carriers that's what we really need! It is impossible add this in mods! The entire community is dreaming about it. ARMA always was a submarine simulator ... But some fools think that this game is about infantry battle where everything else is secondary. These idiots asked bipod, body armor, a normal system injuries, shooting from cars and disposable grenade launchers and etc. same 10-12 years . But fight them hard. Idiots who want the bipod - 2200 people! A true connoisseurs of the game (who want to submarines, rabbit jumping, laser turret, and of course, zombies) - very little. You guys need to stick together! Then the win!

I read your list of missions. I think you wrote with irony)

Edited by Kirill

idiots who want the bipod ?? im sorry but I think the vast majority of players will be playing on the ground with the exception of the one lonely troll cruise missileing everyone from around one of the islands polishing the submarine first would be stupid because youd be doing it for a few peple out of the vast majority of the player base

and lazer turret ?? really thae only way that's happening is on a naval cruiser not a fucking ghostbusters back pack gun :P

idiots who want the bipod ?? im sorry but I think the vast majority of players will be playing on the ground with the exception of the one lonely troll cruise missileing everyone from around one of the islands polishing the submarine first would be stupid because youd be doing it for a few peple out of the vast majority of the player base

and lazer turret ?? really thae only way that's happening is on a naval cruiser not a fucking ghostbusters back pack gun :P

I think you missed the high octane sarcasm in Kirill's post.

Speaking of updates, I'm downloading one right now. 700 MB. I wonder what it is.

This lates devbranch update needs to be in the main branch.. it has a a lot of fixes... Why dont they just post the fixes into the "real" game right away? The suport module for the CAS is broken and NEEDS to be fixed for example.

I would just like my arma 3 to run a little smoother but I guess that's my end but mainly want my single player campaign and would love to see cti back on as I used to play that as single player in arma 2 also I few move scenarios :)

This lates devbranch update needs to be in the main branch.. it has a a lot of fixes... Why dont they just post the fixes into the "real" game right away? The suport module for the CAS is broken and NEEDS to be fixed for example.

Cause its DEV? Testing purpose.. People that play the DEV build will eventually react on the bug tracker. After a few succesfull dev builds they will pack all the updates and release it in the stable version.

I didn't realize I was still in dev branch after launch. I thought those were kind of squished together into the main thing that's the same for everyone. Didn't think to check there -thought they had a thread for release updates.