Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

Ww2 pack 2.0

I just saw on The WW2 Team's Website that they are planning to release the WW2 Europe Pack 2.0 today! biggrin.gif

This pack will feature all O2 made weapons and units, including the FG42, G43, MG34, and M3A1! Can't wait! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Aug. 19 2002,17:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just saw on The WW2 Team's Website that they are planning to release the WW2 Europe Pack 2.0 today! biggrin.gif

This pack will feature all O2 made weapons and units, including the FG42, G43, MG34, and M3A1! Can't wait! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

w00t, url?

"The Final version of US&German pack will be out today !

Today 19 August we will release the new US & German pack improved and final version until the O2 based new pack v2.0 comes out , the pack will be released in a few hours - stay tuned"

this means it wont be the o2 ww2 pack but the last one until the o2 pack is released

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Xer0 @ Aug. 19 2002,18:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here you go http://www.foxypro.dk/regiment1.htm  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That kicks ass! I just wish someone would make a bayonet addon for the M16 and the AK-47/74 rifles. sad.gif

The reload part for the bayonet is kinda wierd also, but I guess that's better then nothing.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

sigh  confused.gif  will anyone remember the eastern front and model some Russian soldiers, it does get frustrating to see all these units being made about British, American, furthur on Japanese yet leaving out the biggest and bloodiest front. I mean please people make some Russian soldiers. please! These packs look great but the Russian front makes the one in Western Europe look like a cakewalk. Im not trying to downplay what the allied forces did in W. Europe but 80% of the German casualties were on the Russian front. I just want a Russian soldier, a regular Ivan with a mosin nagant rifle, and I ll be a happy camper, I tried making my own but it didnt quite work like I wanted it to. Pretty much turned to crap some I am appealling to you mod makers to please help me out!

I thought the russians mostly used tanks on the eastern front?

nope mostly infantry. Infantry, infantry, infantry, more and more tanks later on but mostly infantry. I mean how else would 7 million + russian soldiers die in WW2? confused.gif Tanks were used more often towards the end of 1941 and later on but in the beginning the were spread out over the front in penny packets.

Hey guys, Lobster here, sorry about the confusion, guess your all a little pissed about the O2 weapons and stuff being delayed but still, 1.7 of the pack will have all the crap fixed from 1.6 (my fault sorry).

And as a speacial treat we will release the armour pack with its 4 tanks within a day or maybe 2 if we are mean.

`Lobster biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (desantnik @ Aug. 19 2002,19:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">nope mostly infantry. Infantry, infantry, infantry, more and more tanks later on but mostly infantry. I mean how else would 7 million + russian soldiers die in WW2?  confused.gif Tanks were used more often towards the end of 1941 and later on but in the beginning the were spread out over the front in penny packets.<span id='postcolor'>

<span id='ME'><center>Jamesia looks at really cool WW2 databook that arrived today in the post </center></span>

hmmm, the russians had quite a few tank corps and motorised divisions,

but more notably, they had 22 moantain divisions, 121 guards rifle divisions, and 413 line rifle divisions,

ok, so maybe they did have more troops than tanks.

yeah! but still Lobster, are you guys going to make Russian infantry pack? I mean there are not that many weapons that would need to be modeled, most notably the mosin -nagant, the maxim 1910, and the ppsh41 which I think Fubar is making, I dont know but please guys include the Russians in the world war two packs. smile.gif

Hey Lobster! Oh yeah, can u fix the weapon firing sounds from 1.6? The bolt action rifles don't have the bolt sound after they fire, like in marcels original ww2 weapons. (just use the mohaa or DoD sounds) Oh yeah and pleez use the DoD mg42 sound instead of the mohaa one imo its better. wink.gif

oh lobster can u guys make filippino guerillas for the pacific part of the war?...cause they helped the U.S fite the japs and the fiting took place in the philippines. well mostly there i think

Not for me!  tounge.gif

Man, the armor pack shows just how badly American tanks sucked compared to German ones.

Cons of the Pack:

Tank reload times WAAAY to long: it should take around 5-10 (maybe more) seconds to take out the old shell, grab a new one, insert it, and close the chamber.

M3 Stuarts gun is way overpowered: 30mm should take 10 hits to destroy a Tiger.

Textures on the back of the Sherman are distorted.

German cross on the side of the Tiger is cut off in the middle.

Howcome in the screenshot of the WirbelWind the guns produce flak, and ingame they are merely machine guns? confused.gif

Also, the US Army Officer gives an error when u try playing with it. Something about a pre-mlod format or something like that. Guess I will have to use the Sergeant instead of the Officer. confused.gif

Well what can I say!!! The models are pretty impressive and sounds are cool, but what I don't like is that insides are the same as modern tanks sad.gif

I also added a mirror at www.flashpoint.ru

Damn, sweet tanks, i love the 50. cal in the sherman smile.gif me and a freind had a giant tank battle (we were in shermans with about 8 others) against 10 tigers, you are just pumping round after round into the tiger with little effect, you have to swarm it with like 6 tanks lol. When you take a shot at the tiger with the stuart the rounds almost seem to bounce off LOL. tounge.gif

jep... thats right ... a tiger can take about 8 sherman shots.... a sherman only 2 or maybe 3 tiger shots.... a stuart can only take 1 or 2.... sad.gif