Sign in to follow this  
chlywly

Hacking already ruining the game!! Please enable Steam VAC!!!!

All of my online Arma 3 playing has been on public servers and I have seen a dramatic decrease in hackers (compared to the Arma 2 days). I play BECTI, wasteland, some crazy deathmatch missions, and pretty much any other mission/mod I've seen. I can say with full confidence that BE is working well, I NEVER see hacking on the scale that Arma 2 had. I also pay close attention to the bottom left of the screen and notice BE kicks all the time for steam checks. The system is working at banning most script kids (Arma 2s biggest problem).

^ This. Arma3 hacking overall isn't even remotely close to what we see / saw in Arma2. It's the only thing that I like about steam. It's much harder to obtain illegal copies / free Arma3s. People are far more hesitant since if they want to hack it's essentially wasting 60$.

@CiforDayZServer

All posts from you here have been a wall of... bullshit. You don't even remotely understand how things work, yet you think you're in the position to discuss/ blame BE. And now don't come and say "I had a dayz server...." lmao.

The fact is people will cheat and there is absolutely nothing other than locking your server that you can do to prevent 99.9% of it

your choice is only to minimise /reduce it and thats the facts

if you think the Dayz standalone is building a brand new netcode and revamped RV 3.5 TOH based engine because they dont want to use pbo signatures and BE then your on cloud cuckoo land , they are doing it because they want to stop cheating on the mass scale and thus proof if prrof were needed the current and any other AC solutions for the RV will only produce a way to reduce not exclude cheats .

Minimise not Eliminate thats your options take or leave it or Lock your server and play with imediate family :)

I see people with illegal copies trying to log in all the time to servers as they test their cracks but I've never been on a server that has any hacks.

Now dayz is a whole other story..

In all my posts, I preface that I understand that they are not relevant to A3, and are in regards to what happened in DayZ.

I am not being negative or attacking any of you or BE, I am making polite suggestions and being treated quite poorly in response.

I have never and would never assert superior understanding of running servers, or antihack than anyone in here... yet all of those replying to me seem to do nothing but make personal attacks instead of providing any qualified dissection of my points or suggestions.

The fact that the experts here are saying the solution to security is to be unavailable to the public is not really even addressing what security in the modern age is IMO. but it certainly makes the job easy. Arma "poker night" is not my style though.

It would not be a difficult or horrible thing to have servers able to turn on admin spectate, so long as players could see that upfront and choose whether to enter those servers or not.

I don't wish to "derail" the thread so I'll leave it at that.

In all my posts, I preface that I understand that they are not relevant to A3, and are in regards to what happened in DayZ.

if they are not relevant, why do you bring them up? Would you like me to tell you how was back in OFP days, just for the trip to memory lane?

I am not being negative or attacking any of you or BE, I am making polite suggestions and being treated quite poorly in response.

The quoted reply of my has NO suggestion, just a line of text regarding DayZ. Again, with (or so it seems) limited of faulty understanding towards what BE is capable of.

I have never and would never assert superior understanding of running servers, or antihack than anyone in here... yet all of those replying to me seem to do nothing but make personal attacks instead of providing any qualified dissection of my points or suggestions.

There is NOTHING to dissect, and, at least in my case, there was no personal attack, so please don't act so sensitive.

The fact that the experts here are saying the solution to security is to be unavailable to the public is not really even addressing what security in the modern age is IMO. but it certainly makes the job easy. Arma "poker night" is not my style though.

who is saying that security solutions are unavailable to the public? Everyone is an expert of some sort on the internet.

It would not be a difficult or horrible thing to have servers able to turn on admin spectate, so long as players could see that upfront and choose whether to enter those servers or not.

agreed. It is already possible mission side.

sry, too much snark isnt a good thang.

Spectating is nothing new. There are plenty of ways/scripts available for that.