tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Make sure to update to the latest userconfig. In one of the last updates the text size factors were changed to work differently - if you still have the old configuration, the text sizes will be shrunk down so much you can't see them.

I always do replace the userconfig every time. Looks like I need to dig into it :)

tpw, do you happen to have a "TPW MODS" image I can use as a splash screen?

Yay!

Hi all. Please accept my apologies for including the wrong hpp file. Every update involves me shuffling around many many files and somehow I shuffled the wrong one. I have updated the download on dropbox, or you can just copy in the values from here. What a !@#$ing idiot.

@Kremator, I can make a version with no goggles dependency easily enough. You say you want a standalone version, do you mean one with no addon? In that case you'll need to add the HUD config parameters into each mission description.ext and icon files into your mission directory. Let me know if you want this and I can provide the files.

@Gliptal, I never made a TPW MODS image. I thought I was egotistical enough calling it TPW MODS in the first place!

As the title states i love the mod but i was wondering If it would be possible to get the hud on standalone and by that i mean as in TPW_HUD in a functioning form on its own without the rest of the TPW mods. My reasons for wanting the hud as a standalone addon is because that way i can cut down on the mods i currently use. I would like the ability to keep HUD if i'm not running the full TPW_MODS set. I feel many people would like this hud to be a standalone addon not removed from the main pack but available on its own to those who simply want a hud addon for arma 3's futuristic setting and your TPW_HUD would be a welcome addition to the UI mods available to players.

Thank you for creating this wonderful mod and being so on top of updates as of late.

Edited by demon138761
reason for edit:typo

As the title states i love the mod but i was wondering If it would be possible to get the hud on standalone and by that i mean as in TPW_HUD in a functioning form on its own without the rest of the TPW mods. My reasons for wanting the hud as a standalone addon is because that way i can cut down on the mods i currently use. I would like the ability to keep HUD if i'm not running the full TPW_MODS set. I feel many people would like this hud to be a standalone addon not removed from the main pack but available on its own to those who simply want a hud addon for arma 3's futuristic setting and your TPW_HUD would be a welcome addition to the UI mods available to players.

Thank you for creating this wonderful mod and being so on top of updates as of late.

Thanks for the kind words, but I'm not sure that I can see what your problem is. If all you want is the HUD then just disable all the other mods in the hpp. You are not forced to use the other mods, they are all independent of each other.

Awesome mod! Love it! Thank you sooooooooooooooo much.

A few questions regarding the killer new HUD feature.

1) Is it possible to put a text marker (!!XYZ-text) and have the marker be SOLID instead of blinking on and off? The blinking on and off is extremely distracting and irritating. Sorry, I don't mean to be negative, just honest.

2) Is it possible to change the color of the (!!XYZ-text) markers? Based on the time of day, or the terrain, some markers are almost invisible. Although changing the HUD brightness does help a little, I believe that a button to cycle between a few basic text colors, on-the-fly, would work best.

3) Is it possible to connect a special HUD mode to a pilot helmet instead of the tactical goggles, so you could get some airplane HUD features that people have been begging for. For example, KNOTS in speed for US pilots, or other features that pilots crave, like a waypoint system that allows a pilot to switch from 1 active waypoint to the next? Or change the color of the HUD? Or see active 3D markers that ground troops place on the map in co-op multiplayer for CAS bombing?

4) Is it possible for a parameter to show the diamond markers over troops that are greater than or equal to 100 meters (x>=100), but less than or equal to 500 meters (x<=500)?

Here is why: When enemy are closer than 100 meters, I have no problem visually identifying them. Therefore, I would like to see identifying colored diamonds over troops that are 100 to 500 meters away (within line-of-sight, I understand the diamonds disappear if the troops move behind buildings, trees, etc.). I'm not sure if a "range" is possible for those diamond markers. If it's too much trouble, forget it. I'm already AMAZED at what you've got working, and I truly appreciate it. Thank you SOOOOOOO much.

-V

Awesome mod! Love it! Thank you sooooooooooooooo much.

A few questions regarding the killer new HUD feature.

1) Is it possible to put a text marker (!!XYZ-text) and have the marker be SOLID instead of blinking on and off? The blinking on and off is extremely distracting and irritating. Sorry, I don't mean to be negative, just honest.

2) Is it possible to change the color of the (!!XYZ-text) markers? Based on the time of day, or the terrain, some markers are almost invisible. Although changing the HUD brightness does help a little, I believe that a button to cycle between a few basic text colors, on-the-fly, would work best.

3) Is it possible to connect a special HUD mode to a pilot helmet instead of the tactical goggles, so you could get some airplane HUD features that people have been begging for. For example, KNOTS in speed for US pilots, or other features that pilots crave, like a waypoint system that allows a pilot to switch from 1 active waypoint to the next? Or change the color of the HUD? Or see active 3D markers that ground troops place on the map in co-op multiplayer for CAS bombing?

4) Is it possible for a parameter to show the diamond markers over troops that are greater than or equal to 100 meters (x>=100), but less than or equal to 500 meters (x<=500)?

Here is why: When enemy are closer than 100 meters, I have no problem visually identifying them. Therefore, I would like to see identifying colored diamonds over troops that are 100 to 500 meters away (within line-of-sight, I understand the diamonds disappear if the troops move behind buildings, trees, etc.). I'm not sure if a "range" is possible for those diamond markers. If it's too much trouble, forget it. I'm already AMAZED at what you've got working, and I truly appreciate it. Thank you SOOOOOOO much.

-V

Gday heyvern69, thanks for the comments

1 - The marker/unit HUD display does not blink. I'm not sure why you are seeing that.

2 - I'll see what I can do.

3 - It's possible but it's a whole new HUD basically. TPW HUD is essentially for infantry. I'll think about it but it's lower down my priority list.

4 - Yes and I will work on it.

thanks I just did that. I am not computer savy per say. but i wouldn't call it a problem just didn't think to use the hpp.

TPW MODS 20140414: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140414.zip

Changes:

[HUD 1.06] HUD will not display units/markers closer than a user specified distance.

Please update your /userconfig/tpw_mods/tpw_mods.hpp

Sorry about the relentless pace of the changes and the need to keep updating your HPP.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

KNOTS in speed for US pilots
Not only US pilots: the whole Western world uses knots as speed with aircrafts. :D

Yay!

Thanks for your continued work on this tpw! Don't worry about the standalone release, as long as we can turn off other features.

I played a game yesterday on my dedi server, where I had only the HUD working. A friend joined with everything from your mods switched on, and interestingly the server I could hear radios in houses, civs running around etc. So I know it isn't a priority but it looked like AI were being controlled by server on spawn.

As you can see there is much interest in the HUD, but I can confirm that the HUD does blink under load. Will do more testing.

Not only US pilots: the whole Western world uses knots as speed with aircrafts. :D

Yay!

Fair enough. Have implemented this for next update.

---------- Post added at 18:20 ---------- Previous post was at 18:14 ----------

Thanks for your continued work on this tpw! Don't worry about the standalone release, as long as we can turn off other features.

I played a game yesterday on my dedi server, where I had only the HUD working. A friend joined with everything from your mods switched on, and interestingly the server I could hear radios in houses, civs running around etc. So I know it isn't a priority but it looked like AI were being controlled by server on spawn.

As you can see there is much interest in the HUD, but I can confirm that the HUD does blink under load. Will do more testing.

Well, as always, you pays your money and you takes your chances with MP and dedi behaviour with HUD or indeed any other TPW MOD. They are player centric SP mods after all, I can neither test nor vouch for their behaviour under other circumstances. For HUD, I'd wager that the blinking is caused by multiple player units causing the various player distance object code to shit itself.

Hehe I know it isn't totally MP compatible YET ;) If anyone is really expert in MP stuff I'm sure they could speak up here. I'd be willing to help test them out on my dedi.

Will do a test with mutliple friendlies and see if it blinks.

EDIT Found an error .... even when turned off (again I know it is MP but still) CARS and CIVS will continue to be active. I know this is the case as I can commandeer vehicles ... Wierd !

Edited by Kremator

Fair enough. Have implemented this for next update.
Thank you!

Yay!

Thanks TPW. Incredible work! Really appreciate it all. Especially the new HUD!

The most amazing thing is that config file. It has tons of enable/disable choices. The ability to show/hide elements. And the ability to adjust colors, ranges, etc. And its' extremely well documented! Fantastic stuff. I love options that I can customize & tweak. Hahahaha. Great stuff man. Really great stuff. You so rock!

New more organized look, much better in my opinion.

t6ZFLUR.png

Also, quick poll: do you prefer the text inside the drop box to be aligned right like it is in the screen, or would you rather prefer a more usual left alignment?

Yay!

Gliptal, this is great work! I don't mind the alignment, but another thing came to my mind when I looked at it: Could you provide a mouse-over tooltip giving a short text on what an option affects/does? With all the options, I think that will be a very nice addition.

Cheers,

OP

Gliptal, this is great work! I don't mind the alignment, but another thing came to my mind when I looked at it: Could you provide a mouse-over tooltip giving a short text on what an option affects/does? With all the options, I think that will be a very nice addition.

Cheers,

OP

Yes, that is exactly what I had in mind! :D I will also change the shown parameter names so that they are more descriptive.

Yay!

Looking nice Gliptal, although I'd put the label a little closer to the value.

Looking nice Gliptal, although I'd put the label a little closer to the value.
Will do. Most labels will be quite longer in the final version anyway, since I want to make them more descriptive. Right now they are a near 1:1 on TPW_CONFIG parameter names for easier programming reference.

I can either align them right, or enlarge the space between the two columns.

Yay!

TPW MODS 20140415: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140415.zip

Changes:

[HUD 1.07] Velocity displayed in knots when in aircraft. HUD icons rotate according to unit stance. HUD icons displayed over approximate centre-of-mass of each unit.

@Gliptal - keep up the great work my son.

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 ----------

Thanks TPW. Incredible work! Really appreciate it all. Especially the new HUD!

The most amazing thing is that config file. It has tons of enable/disable choices. The ability to show/hide elements. And the ability to adjust colors, ranges, etc. And its' extremely well documented! Fantastic stuff. I love options that I can customize & tweak. Hahahaha. Great stuff man. Really great stuff. You so rock!

Thanks heyvern69, my ego will be intolerable all day!

yea, wow, tpw, Nice!! all i really can add

Ta. I have in fact encountered some HUD flickering issues which I am trying to track down.