Sign in to follow this  
unzubaru

So just wondering....where are all the weapons?

For a military simulator having a variation of 4 rifles, 4 snipers, 4 rocket launchers, 3 pistols etc. It's just poor.

I want to have thousands of variations of at least 100 weapon types FOR EACH CATEGORY. Simply putting forward a list to gun manufacturers is a simple task for PR, listing 1000 different weapons and picking out the ones sent back that have no problems (If anything is replied too at all).

Mil sim, biggest selling point "we have over 20 weapons :O"

Please change this I wanna play Wasteland properly!

Thankyou.

100 weapons for each category simply aren't needed for ArmA, although they would be VERY nice to have, gameplay isnt impacted very much by having multiple different weapons that all do the same thing

100 weapons for each category simply aren't needed for ArmA, although they would be VERY nice to have, gameplay isnt impacted very much by having multiple different weapons that all do the same thing

I will not comment. U dont need many cars in GTA 5....Captain Obvious

Ya I played the Alpha and Beta and was all the time waiting for more weapons. 40+ weapons at release they said. but they didnt say that trg and trg eglm count as 2 totally different weapons lol. In reality there are only katiba, mx, ebr, trg and mk20 assault rifles. MK200 and zafir as machine guns and the 2 sniper rifles. thats NOT much! (and i hate this future shit but okay thats a different story and only my opinion...)

the weapons are modular, you can add various attatchments to them, without having 100 + weapons with every different combination of attatchment.

Get guns from armaholic

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma3_files_addons_weapons&s=title&w=asc&d=0

I'm running R3F and FHQ packs, did in beta, they still work in Final version of the game as well. In addition to a few sniperrifles (m107, AS50 etc).

R3F

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20128

FHQ M4

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19218

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20393

Now, the vanilla-guns ingame...I'm usually a sniper and the snipergun currently in-game is just...useless.

It's less accurate than an assault rifle. More bulletdrop at ranges over 100 metres.

It does less damage. 3 shots to the body to kill anything? I mean, whats the point?

I might as well whip out the pistol. Probably deadlier.

Edited by mamasan8

Totally agree with the OP on the current weapon selection, but I think "thousands of variations of at least 100 weapon types FOR EACH CATEGORY" is a little much, I just want what we were promised;

Get guns from armaholic

We shouldn't have to look to the modding community to finish the game/provide what the developer failed to deliver the the "full release". The features listed on the Arma 3 website states "Master a range of 20+ vehicles, aircraft and ships; choose your gear, pick from 40+ weapons, customize your loadout." These features have yet to be delivered.

The 40+ weapons we were promised haven't been delivered, different versions of the same gun is not a different gun. Just like the 20+ vehicles we were promised, different versions of the same vehicle isn't a different vehicle, ie. MRAP basic, MRAP .50, and MRAP GL only counts as 1 of the 20+ Vehicles not 3 because regardless of what's on top it's still the same vehicle (same goes for the Ifritt and Hemtt).

So when is the rest of the content that the "Full release" is boasting to provide going to be put into the game?

Different version of guns is BORING! Seriously how many guns do you need? Vehicle/item content is where the lack lies.

For a military simulator having a variation of 4 rifles, 4 snipers, 4 rocket launchers, 3 pistols etc. It's just poor.

I want to have thousands of variations of at least 100 weapon types FOR EACH CATEGORY. Simply putting forward a list to gun manufacturers is a simple task for PR, listing 1000 different weapons and picking out the ones sent back that have no problems (If anything is replied too at all).

Thankyou.

military simulator? I'm sorry, you are on the wrong game forums.

p.s. talking about "military simulator" and playing wasteland. *facepalm*

Not to go off topic, but ...

military simulator? I'm sorry, you are on the wrong game forums.

huh?

Thankyou.

Im my military service time we had 1 rifle (G3), 1 submashinegun (MP2), 1 pistol (P1), 1 Grenade launcher (GraPi40) 1 light Machinegun (MG3), and 1 Panzerfaust (LPzFst1)....and only two sets of optional optic attachments for the rifle so wheres the problem? Why should a arsenal room look like a warehouse? Edited by Beagle

Im my military service time we had 1 rifle (G3), 1 submashinegun (MP2), 1 pistol (P1), 1 Grenade launcher (GraPi40) 1 light Machinegun (MG3), and 1 Panzerfaust (LPzFst1)....and only one set of optional optic attachments for the rifle so wheres the problem? Why should a arsenal room look like a warehouse?

Because it's a simulation guys! Devs make all the things! (i saw that picture at someones signature)

Because it's a simulation guys! Devs make all the things! (i saw that picture at someones signature)
Since when is ArmA III a simulation? It is not neither was ArmA II or Armed Assault or OFP. I see all that games as action games and ArmA II had a campaign I often described to friends as a military adventure game simply because nothign in there is realistic...no realistiv procedures no realistiv support no realistic missions...simply too much action and much too less restictions to be realistic.

Since when is ArmA III a simulation? It is not neither was ArmA II or Armed Assault or OFP. I see all that games as action games and ArmA II had a campaign I often described to friends as a military adventure game.

well, don't tell it me :p I know that. But like you can see by OP's first post, he calls it a simulation, and ther are a lot of people, who think the same way.

Arma 3 is a military sandbox shooter as defined by BI Studios "EXPERIENCE TRUE COMBAT GAMEPLAY IN A MASSIVE MILITARY SANDBOX." -www.arma3.com/features

1. sandbox means that players are free to design their own missions and content.

2. simulation according to Webster is defined as; the imitative representation of the functioning of one system or process by means of the functioning of another.

As the game is military in nature and sandbox by design, missions created are (or can be) simulations of plausible real life scenarios. Thus, by default the game can be classified as military simulation. A Google search even shows it being referred to as such by reviewing magazines (pcgamer for one).

Annd Back to topic:

I get what Beagle is saying about the number of weapons he had in his military service, the thing is, BIS says 40+ weapons on their features page, but the so called full release doesn't contain the 40+ weapons they are advertising. Especially if you count logically, for example, the MX Rifle has 4 non-GL versions, cq, marksman, standard, and lmg, but because the base platform is still an MX rifle it should only be counted as 1 weapon.

Especially if you count logically, for example, the MX Rifle has 4 non-GL versions, cq, marksman, standard, and lmg, but because the base platform is still an MX rifle it should only be counted as 1 weapon.

So, by your logic, all weapons derived from the AR-15 platform count as "one weapon"?

Yes, the way I see it is the same as going to the store and buying a gun, an AR-15 for example. That AR-15 is registered in your name (1 gun). Say you buy a longer barrel and a bi-pod for match shooting and you have the ability to switch between your stock configuration and match setup. You still have the same 1 gun registered in your name. You aren't then required to register the alternate configuration as a separate weapon because it is still considered the same gun, same logic applies to counting the content of the game.

I haven't verified yet, but I bet if you count the way I am suggesting, and count all the explosives and player carried items that can be used as weapons (you can kill AI with) you still won't reach 40+

Edited by viper0317

Yes, the way I see it...

When the only common component is maybe the lower receiver, it's not the same gun.

Legally, it is the same gun though, and that's my point. Same action same gun, different configurations make it perform differently, but doesn't make it a different gun.

Note: that's why when you buy any firearm (in the US) they register the action (stamped component with the number they copy onto the registration form) to you and you can buy different barrels, bolts, etc, without having to have those components registered in your name as well. I learned this first hand from discussing custom guns with my friend that is a gunsmith. I was trying to build a custom caliber gun with a Remington model 7 action, you can buy all the parts without having anything registered in your name with the only exception being the action. He even said the gun would be registered to me as a Remington Model 7.

Edited by viper0317

Legally, it is the same gun though, and that's my point.

In a video game, it isn't. That's my point.

In a video game, it isn't. That's my point.

No kidding. The discussion of this thread relates to the number of guns we received with the "full release" compared to how many we should have gotten, my argument pertained to finding out whether or not they count the variations of a gun as different guns. As well as reasoning as to why different variations should not be counted as different guns.