Sign in to follow this  
krizz kaliko

What is there to expect on launch day?

I just wanted to make a simple post asking what to expect, we have just about everythingin game already on the dev branch, i was just wondering what will be so special about it?

The game from Beta to Full release status.

Is there really a need for this thread btw? Everything you can expect to be in the game can be found on the A3 website.

the "seize mission" will be fantastic PVP missions and some animations are added and correct

the "seize mission" will be fantastic PVP missions and some animations are added and correct

Where are these ideas coming from? :)

Where are these ideas coming from? :)

are just my wishes (and I hope that some animations are correct and added, like main guns recoil in some vehicles) or this game will out, in unprofessional manner

Some Devs hinted at some surprises (not only he but others previously; actually, nevermind :j:) but I wouldn't expect huge changes. For us coming from months of Alpha and Beta isn't such a big deal (Would be happy to be proven wrong!). The game is playable,has some content but isn't ready.

Dsly will release his TTP3 (TTP2, worth reading!), Play With Six folks suggested something for the release and we might see some announcements by mod teams and BI.

EDIT: And a launch trailer. Hope is in the veins of the

and
. Edited by Smurf

I just wanted to make a simple post asking what to expect, we have just about everythingin game already on the dev branch, i was just wondering what will be so special about it?

My suggestion is to not expect anything. If by chance we receive a sweet surprise so be it. Anyway. It's less than a day, so...

Isn't it supposed to be somehow like the current dev version with few fixes and extra gears, clothing and the like? I mean they've already released altis and all the vehicles with few fixes. I was under the impression that the release will mostly only bring fixes and the apparition of all the missing gears and texture...no more no less.

Edited by vagabond985

i hope by graphics, Geko means enhacned midrange textures, but its hard to believe, they could do here something in that short time.

It's been a month or two since I've touched the game... but I went ahead and played some missions. Noticed the AI Helicopter attempting to blow me up from other other side of a mountain..

This is particularly disheartening because it means very little has been done to correct the vast amounts of reported problems with them. It really is a shame that as much potential as this engine holds, so little of it is actually used well by B.I.S.

Every time I open the game (including arma 2) I am smacked in the face by disappointment

Bugs , bugs, and more bugs !! :confused:

oh, there are that much? Are we playing different games by chance?

Edited by NeuroFunker

I just wanted to make a simple post asking what to expect, we have just about everything in game already on the dev branch, i was just wondering what will be so special about it?

Non-dev branch will get the dev branch stuff + the new Altis showcases. I'm not sure if we should expect any more than that.