iirc the position is up to the weapon config, not the scope ... right?

Scope just uses the defined Joint Rails-rail.

Different optics have different positions. Even some scopes that share similar characteristics as SpecterDR (ie. RH's Elcan C79) sit just fine, so my guess is that the placement can be altered. I could be totally wrong though.

Maybe the SpecterDR uses the same placement as ARCO, whereas the Elcan uses different "placement values" from some other vanilla optic? As far as I can tell the ARCO has very similar problems - it sits ridiculously front with all rifles.

This really bugs me out too. But with your fix unfortunately, I am no longer able to zoom out with the specters.

That is because it starts zoomed out. So, you need to zoom in.

Unfortunately, it emphasizes another bug on the scope. Every time you switch to the CQB sight, the scope's zoom level gets reset, which is quite annoying. Looks like a game bug, it happens with all the scopes.

Honestly, the best thing right now might be to simply get rid of the 1x zoom level. At least, until BIS fixes the issue. Or alternatively, don't use my file and simply never use 1x zoom level, the scope works fine then.

That is because it starts zoomed out. So, you need to zoom in.

Honestly, the best thing right now might be to simply get rid of the 1x zoom level. At least, until BIS fixes the issue. Or alternatively, don't use my file and simply never use 1x zoom level, the scope works fine then.

No, you can't zoom in any direction. That's what I meant. Effectively your pbo did remove the 1x zoom option, at least for me.

No, you can't zoom in any direction. That's what I meant. Effectively your pbo did remove the 1x zoom option, at least for me.

Oh, right. I forgot I recently updated it with that.

I have issue with elcan scope reticule with RHS or sma rifles...

If I have to take a shot at 200m, I have to use 400m scale on the scope..

I love your mod so much, can u also please make 3D acog scope with red dot or backup iron sights ? 

I have issue with elcan scope reticule with RHS or sma rifles...

If I have to take a shot at 200m, I have to use 400m scale on the scope..

I love your mod so much, can u also please make 3D acog scope with red dot or backup iron sights ? 

Before making anything new, the 3D Elcans need to be NV compatible, I dunno why they aren't, it doesn't make sense. Please fix this before anything else you do

Before making anything new, the 3D Elcans need to be NV compatible, I dunno why they aren't, it doesn't make sense. Please fix this before anything else you do

Strongly disagree.  In reality only red dots are capable of being NV compatible.  Scopes with magnification don't work with NV because NV focuses only the first pane of glass in the lens, NV can't focus on glass through glass, so can't work with magnification.  It can only focus on the first plain of contact.

It's why we have specific magnified night vision scopes, as opposed to just using day scopes with NV goggles.

In this pack, red dots are already NV compatible, and the magnified day scopes are not.  It works as it should.

If you're using ACE 3, you need to set the night vision module to OFF, or it breaks the red dot NV compatibility.

• Like 4

Strongly disagree.  In reality only red dots are capable of being NV compatible.  Scopes with magnification don't work with NV because NV focuses only the first pane of glass in the lens, NV can't focus on glass through glass, so can't work with magnification.  It can only focus on the first plain of contact.

It's why we have specific magnified vision scopes, as opposed to just using day scopes with NV goggles.

In this pack, red dots are already NV compatible, and the magnified day scopes are not.  It works as it should.

If you're using ACE 3, you need to set the night vision module to OFF, or it breaks the red dot NV compatibility.

If that is the case then the magnified optics need to have the ability to have a clip-on attachment to make these scopes NV compatible such as a SU-232/PAS and the AN-PVS/24. These allow both the Trijicon ACOG and the Elcan Specter DR to keep their respective reticles and still have the ability to use the scope at night without a POA or POI shift. However, since I get that doing this would require work towards recreating both of these very advanced sights, I simply suggest making them NV compatible. That way, the author of the mod doesn't have to do a bunch more work and the functionality is still there for the scopes whether day or night. (And yes I know the SU-232/PAS is a thermal sight, but it allows you to keep the magnified scope you have and use it at night with the scope's own reticle just like the AN/PVS-24)

If that is the case then the magnified optics need to have the ability to have a clip-on attachment to make these scopes NV compatible such as a SU-232/PAS and the AN-PVS/24. These allow both the Trijicon ACOG and the Elcan Specter DR to keep their respective reticles and still have the ability to use the scope at night without a POA or POI shift. However, since I get that doing this would require work towards recreating both of these very advanced sights, I simply suggest making them NV compatible. That way, the author of the mod doesn't have to do a bunch more work and the functionality is still there for the scopes whether day or night. (And yes I know the SU-232/PAS is a thermal sight, but it allows you to keep the magnified scope you have and use it at night with the scope's own reticle just like the AN/PVS-24)

Or you could, you know, rely on your PEQ-15 and BUIS for pitch dark area's and use the X4 when the enemy is sufficiently illuminated. I'd rather the scope function authentically thanks.

• Like 4

Or you could, you know, rely on your PEQ-15 and BUIS for pitch dark area's and use the X4 when the enemy is sufficiently illuminated. I'd rather the scope function authentically thanks.

PEQ-15 doesn't even have the full function of how it works in any of the mods, and neither does the in-game DBAL-A2 model that is the vanilla IR laser. Also, using the PEQ in its extremely limited function like it currently has doesn't allow you to precisely aim at distance, as neither do Iron Sights, which is the entire point of having a magnified optic. If you're trying to make the "authentic Scope function' argument then you would be able to un-clip your AN/PVS-14 Monocular and Clip it in front of your sight to allow for Night Time use, just like in real life. It doesn't make sense to rely on a lesser system when the game is set in 2035, and the technology even in 2015 is there to do what I suggested earlier. 

Plus, to satisfy your "authentic scope function' thirst then you would have one model that performs solely as a day sight, and another exact same model with NV compatibility so that means far less work than having to make a clip-on sight, and allows the true ability of the SpecterDR to be used at night as in real life. This allows you to keep your scope to your authentic needs.

PEQ-15 doesn't even have the full function of how it works in any of the mods, and neither does the in-game DBAL-A2 model that is the vanilla IR laser. Also, using the PEQ in its extremely limited function like it currently has doesn't allow you to precisely aim at distance, as neither do Iron Sights, which is the entire point of having a magnified optic. If you're trying to make the "authentic Scope function' argument then you would be able to un-clip your AN/PVS-14 Monocular and Clip it in front of your sight to allow for Night Time use, just like in real life. It doesn't make sense to rely on a lesser system when the game is set in 2035, and the technology even in 2015 is there to do what I suggested earlier. 

Plus, to satisfy your "authentic scope function' thirst then you would have one model that performs solely as a day sight, and another exact same model with NV compatibility so that means far less work than having to make a clip-on sight, and allows the true ability of the SpecterDR to be used at night as in real life. This allows you to keep your scope to your authentic needs.

Yeah, no, I don't want a SpecterDR that magically functions as a night optic. Arma 3 doesn't support clip-on night sights, which we can add to the long list of ways in which Arma 3 has failed to simulate NV technology. I'd rather use an alternate aiming method then a hacky workaround solution thanks.   

Yeah, no, I don't want a SpecterDR that magically functions as a night optic. Arma 3 doesn't support clip-on night sights, which we can add to the long list of ways in which Arma 3 has failed to simulate NV technology. I'd rather use an alternate aiming method then a hacky workaround solution thanks.   

Im proposing various solutions to make this work, and every single one that I say you have a problem with. The status quo is not okay, and yet every proposal I make you won't accept as viable even though I've suggested an option that would be a compromise. It's like any proposal I suggest on these forums is immediately shot to shit or called out for whatever reason no matter how hard I try to compromise. 

It's super easy writing a patch of your own to enable NVG on the scope of your liking.

If you want to change functionality from how the author want the public release to be, just assuming that is the case since it was released that way, get the permission from the author and start digging a bit and write a patch for yourself or your group.

• Like 3

It's super easy writing a patch of your own to enable NVG on the scope of your liking.

If you want to change functionality from how the author want the public release to be, just assuming that is the case since it was released that way, get the permission from the author and start digging a bit and write a patch for yourself or your group.

I haven't seen Ian in forever...and on top of that I'm not a mod creator so this isn't my area of expertise that's why I suggest things to people who actually know how to do it

I haven't seen Ian in forever...and on top of that I'm not a mod creator so this isn't my area of expertise that's why I suggest things to people who actually know how to do it

So you're like an 'ideas guy'?

• Like 2

As far as I know-the BW mod allows NV sights to be mounted with another optic. Just with a couple of their own sights, but they do have it I believe.

not anymore, made my own config

How about sharing it then?

That's the idea with this community of ours.

HEY IANSKY!!!! I found your scope on an MK-18 that an army SF guy was pwning taliban with, *helmet cam footage*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwDxpST8EU8

That's normal, the Elcan DR is part of the current SOPMOD kit, any unit under SOCOM is going to have loads of them sitting in the armory.  

That's normal, the Elcan DR is part of the current SOPMOD kit, any unit under SOCOM is going to have loads of them sitting in the armory.  

Ok, thanks for the intel. I wasn't presenting it as 'one of the worlds rarest images' it was just a cool video that shows these scopes in live action use that I thought the author might find interesting. But you already knew that didn't you? ;)

• Like 1

High quality mod this! Keep up!

I dont have the skills of modding but i was figuring, could you in some way alter the way of using scopes into a night vision mod.

Im thinking, instead of bohemias dull nightvision, when pressing N, you get scopes infront of the eyes with night vision fetures.

See my night vision tweak with pp effects and sweetFX:

(bad fps, and beeping chopper, sorry for that)

Sorry if this question has already been answered, but is there a way to remap the button that changes zoom in the Elcans to another key that is not switch firing mode? It's rather annoying that I can't switch firemode without the scope changing it's view. For any other scopes, changin the view is propely mapped to the vanilla LftCtrl + RightMouse.

Sorry if this question has already been answered, but is there a way to remap the button that changes zoom in the Elcans to another key that is not switch firing mode? It's rather annoying that I can't switch firemode without the scope changing it's view. For any other scopes, changin the view is propely mapped to the vanilla LftCtrl + RightMouse.

It's a game bug, not a feature, Arma 3 has a few bugs with an ACOG sight with two zoom levels like an ElcanDR.