I dont get it - what is the mod doing? I dont get the part with looking around and deadzone?!

When I play arma and I move the mouse the weapon follows the movement - what exactly does you mod change to this?

Can't download for some reason. The downloader hits 100% then it sits and does nothing :(

I dont get it - what is the mod doing? I dont get the part with looking around and deadzone?!

When I play arma and I move the mouse the weapon follows the movement - what exactly does you mod change to this?

Simply, it makes aiming and looking around mapped exactly to your mouse sensitivity. Just like in great shooter games like counterstrike. It makes it very smooth and responsive.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4

When I discovered this thread I was like "OMG, pleeease make this work! Where's the paypal-donate-button?"

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to do what I was expecting or maybe I'm just being stupid :rolleyes:

Here's what I expected:

I place my Marksman in the editor, unscoped view, move my mouse 5 cm to the right, my view changes 90°.

Next I go into scoped view, move my mouse 5 cm to the right, my view changes 90°.

As mentioned it didn't work like this. Instead I had to move my mouse 30 cm to get the desired change of view by 90°.

Did I get something wrong about your mod? Am I stupid? Can you do a mod that does what I desire? Pleeeeeeeease!!!!

I put the mod into the /mod folder of Arma3 and added the -mod=@ ... to the start parameters. It showed correctly inside Arma/Extensions.

When I discovered this thread I was like "OMG, pleeease make this work! Where's the paypal-donate-button?"

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to do what I was expecting or maybe I'm just being stupid :rolleyes:

Here's what I expected:

I place my Marksman in the editor, unscoped view, move my mouse 5 cm to the right, my view changes 90°.

Next I go into scoped view, move my mouse 5 cm to the right, my view changes 90°.

As mentioned it didn't work like this. Instead I had to move my mouse 30 cm to get the desired change of view by 90°.

Did I get something wrong about your mod? Am I stupid? Can you do a mod that does what I desire? Pleeeeeeeease!!!!

I put the mod into the /mod folder of Arma3 and added the -mod=@ ... to the start parameters. It showed correctly inside Arma/Extensions.

It's not supposed to work that way. That's just game design to have different sensitivity for when scoped or not scoped. Most shooting games have that and it makes sense.

Edited by Foxhound

Thanks for putting that killer phrase "it is like that and it makes sense" in ... People might have a different opinion than you.

I'm not planning to start a discussion if this is giving you a handicapped feeling. It sure is to me. Just wondering if what I am looking for is doable.

Thanks for putting that killer phrase "it is like that and it makes sense" in ... People might have a different opinion than you.

I'm not planning to start a discussion if this is giving you a handicapped feeling. It sure is to me. Just wondering if what I am looking for is doable.

Ok fist of, I didn't mean to offend anyone. If u have a different opinion that's OK. I meant why designers do it.

Thanks. I also understand why game designers do it like this. It still feels odd to me, especially in Arma and I would like to know if this can be modded out.

Could you upload this mod on another hoster? Can't download it.

Same here. Download link returns "temporarily unavailable."

This is awesome.

So what this basically does, is enable you to aim smoothly regardless if your framerate is suffering.

I still can't understand what this does simply by reading the description. I guess a video is needed.

Nonetheless, I'll try it anyway ASAP.

Yay!

• Like 1

I still can't understand what this does simply by reading the description. I guess a video is needed.

Nonetheless, I'll try it anyway ASAP.

Yay!

I thought the same...but didn't want to ask incase it made me look stupid lol :satisfied:

Just tried it, I like it. Seems like the only way to understand the difference is to feel it: it sort of gets rid of the sluggish inertia-like effects freelooking has.

Yay!

This addon is awesome.

It changed completely my gameplay, the aiming deadzone is now a killer feature that enables precision CQB shots ! I doubled my score at firing drills just because of it. ;)

It has corrected a BIS bug, just to meet another one... The aiming deadzone + TrackIR bug.

Reported since alpha, no correction.

Maybe they wait for someone here mods something out ? :confused:

We will try it out today on our server to see if its an improvment or not.

But a video for intrested people would very helpful to figur out what this mod does.

Could someone mirror this?

I am not happy with teh way mega works...

Many thanks in advance

v0.3

• Turned off the Aim Mechanic (let me know if it feelsbetter then 0.2 in your opinion)
    any chance you could upload the .Bikey for server admins?
    Currently there's only the .bisigns.
  • Added Server Key

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

What do you mean by "Aim mechanic"?

Yay!

What do you mean by "Aim mechanic"?

Yay!

Its just a single parameter i turned off.

forceAim = 0;

When turned on it produces aiming control. (more stiffness.)

by turning it off it floats more.

0.2 was a little bit too much control. You could basically 360 headshot people when no aiming deadzone applied.

But now although you can aim really quickly. The recoil is more also. It floats more

I like this addon, which really made me feel more smooth and accurate, and eliminated the turning round stutter thing when you were teleported from one Altis's one place to another. Thanks!

This addon is awesome.

It has corrected a BIS bug, just to meet another one... The aiming deadzone + TrackIR bug.

What exactly is that bug?

I am using TrackIR with zero aiming deadzone. So which effect does the mod have for me?

(Just to be sure :p. I am just testing it, but I am not sure whether it really changed anything...)

What exactly is that bug?

I am using TrackIR with zero aiming deadzone. So which effect does the mod have for me?

(Just to be sure :p. I am just testing it, but I am not sure whether it really changed anything...)

The bug only appears when aiming deadzone > 0 and TrackIR is up and running.