Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

Who is staying with ARMA2 and what scripts/mod/missions will not be converted to A3

Xeno (Ace) has announced he won't develop for A3 I don't know how many ACE developers are left and if they have intentions to make an ACE version for ArmA3

They have said they are planning on it, but NouberNou mentioned recently that they are waiting for new tools and the A2 MLODs.

Can someone tell me what is so wrong with the medical system in ARMA3. I know what I hate about ARMA2 specially while . I also hope Bi fix the AI units to rearm and repair when available to them during mission within reasonable distance from the unt in need. As well as AT units not wastin all the Rockets on infantry units. Some scripts and mod are a round for Arma2 that help fix somef the issues but should be a simple fix for BI. I don't understand the BI developers at times. Simple things like that should be standard in the game out of the box.

Staying away because of Steam is just plain silly.

some of us disagree with steam license, nor allow steam to run on our computers so no it's really not.

Aside from that, I've had a ton of trouble with Steam in the past. It may just be entirely my fault, but I've ended up losing some games because Steam forces me to download 10gb+ updates when the game files magically disappear.

Iam definitely staying in ARMA 2.

Reasons:

1. Iplayed ARMA 2 OA ACR BA PMC a lot and iam well used to it.

2. Arma III looks feels and behaves odd.

3. Arms III lags for me as hell online.

4. While i am a huge Sci-Fi fan and would love Arma type of gameplay in Sci-Fi settings, The Sci-Fiish seting of ARMA III doesnt fit for me

5. Game set in tropical island. I like the Chernarus cause it feels like home.

6. No SP campaign? WTF?

I will be staying on ArmA 2 for a few more months, while ArmA 3 has great functions, im not seeing the content that im looking for.

Hello, first time poster and new player to the Arma series.

I'm buying both Arma 2: CO and Arma 3 later this week; Arma 2 has a LOT of content made for it and a strong community, Arma 3 is newer and there's plenty of content to play, and hopefully in the future as much if not more user made content than Arma 2.

Like other people have said, I'll probably end up playing Arma 2 more because there's simply more to it right now.

But maybe in 4-12 months Arma 3 will have enough content to be just as, if not more enjoyable :D

I'm sticking with A2 because I'm too flat broke to upgrade my XP rig but also because the game still packs a huge potential with mods etc.

Maybe later next year I might try the A3 but I'm not sure if I'll convert any of my missions there.

(Trying that with A1>A2 was a slight disaster)

Me and my unit aren't going to move over quite yet, I personally think there is still a lot of life left in ArmA. Especially with the playability brought about by PvP and COOP implemented into various ACE/ACRE missions.

Our group will be moving over shortly. We've found a bunch of scripts that will give enough of the 'ACE' feel to retain the realism of Arma 2.

All our members have bought the game and it all looks promising so far.:rolleyes:

Staying with 2 for now. Fighting in a deserted desert with fake vehicles is pretty boring.

That and I don't like an overlord like Steam looking down on me.

Edited by Harry Canyon

I've ported most of my A2 stuff into A3 and it's been the perfect package. I have gotten a lot to work including weather mods, static anims, vehicles, maps, etc.... There is still much that A3 needs like SMK animations and such but it has opened a lot more potential for us die hard A2 fans like scuba missions, customizable gear and weapons, environments and weather fx. I hate that it's set in the near future, I wouldn't be playing it if I didn't have my A2 & OA content

Ok i gave ARMA 3 two weekends. I played multiplayer showcases, and part of the new Campaign. Outcome is that i gladly came back to ARMA 2 and iam not even considering triing Arma 3 again untill ACE3 is out tuned and polished for Arma 3. That game is just nice looking bullshit.