Sign in to follow this  
asaf223

CTI by BIS

Hi

I am a veteran of ArmA 2 CO & this question very bothers me:

will the full verision of arma 3 will have a CTI mission created by BIS?

that Worries me beacuse that's my favorite gamemode in arma 2 and the best when BIS makes it.

Thanx for everyone who help :)

Second this, CTI is one of those missions that just shines upon everything that is ArmA.

They should run it on custom servers, for a 5$ subscription fee or something. but with 256 players.

They should run it on custom servers, for a 5$ subscription fee or something. but with 256 players.

NO NO NO...please don't suggest P2P. There's enough of that already in the world.

Second this, CTI is one of those missions that just shines upon everything that is ArmA.

BIS could probably ask some well known community members to do it for free.

there is already 0.9 version by Benny, no idea if Benny knows about it tough...

Yeah he does- he made it :) he talks about it in his Arma 2 thread.

Hi

I am a veteran of ArmA 2 CO & this question very bothers me:

will the full verision of arma 3 will have a CTI mission created by BIS?

that Worries me beacuse that's my favorite gamemode in arma 2 and the best when BIS makes it.

Thanx for everyone who help :)

Exactly what I wanted to ask about.. I really hope they will! Its the best in Arma2 and would be in Arma3 too :D

I spent alot of time playing CTI :D

It's not for me to tell you guys which missions you should like and which you should not :)...but I used to play CTI all the time (especially in OFP- CRCTI & MFCTI) I have always found that BIS's version just is not that great for some reason.

I think the best CTI's where made by the community. I too think they should get a Community mission maker to add a CTI to the Base game. I think this about a lot of things actually (Islands, missions, game mechanics etc) but I don't think it will ever happen. They dont like to use community made content officially.

But anyway, even if BIS don't include a CTI you can be sure the talented community guys will make some thing nice for the CTI fans. Such as mentioned Benny version, and also Kastenbier's CTI that keeps the CleanRock CRCTI type going.

Here is a link to some CTI missions for A3:

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma3_files_scenarios_mpgamemodes_capture_the_island ( I guess most of these don't work anymore, but they may lead you onto forum topics etc with newer versions)

PS welcome to the Forum Alek10 and asafa223 :D

Pay to play for a regular capture the flag/territory style scenario that most if not all shooters have for free?

Someone is sounding desperate :)

Sounds like an easy scenario to make unless there's something particularly special about ARMA CTI.

Pay to play for a regular capture the flag/territory style scenario that most if not all shooters have for free?

Someone is sounding desperate :)

Sounds like an easy scenario to make unless there's something particularly special about ARMA CTI.

Everything ARMA is special and nothing about CTI is regular when compared to capture the flag in other games.

But p2p now that's a silly idea.

It's not for me to tell you guys which missions you should like and which you should not :)...but I used to play CTI all the time (especially in OFP- CRCTI & MFCTI) I have always found that BIS's version just is not that great for some reason.

I think the best CTI's where made by the community. I too think they should get a Community mission maker to add a CTI to the Base game. I think this about a lot of things actually (Islands, missions, game mechanics etc) but I don't think it will ever happen. They dont like to use community made content officially.

But anyway, even if BIS don't include a CTI you can be sure the talented community guys will make some thing nice for the CTI fans. Such as mentioned Benny version, and also Kastenbier's CTI that keeps the CleanRock CRCTI type going.

Here is a link to some CTI missions for A3:

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma3_files_scenarios_mpgamemodes_capture_the_island ( I guess most of these don't work anymore, but they may lead you onto forum topics etc with newer versions)

PS welcome to the Forum Alek10 and asafa223 :D

Haha, great to see someone remember these (MDCTI 1.5 and 1.6 with way too huge air facs).

Best would be what happened on WASP warfare (CTI) server for ARMA 2 OA. They used version Benny made (or modified BI one) and then rescripted or modified parts that were not well balanced (prices, town scripts and so on). They even added some features like players could build some small trenches or anti infantry fence in towns even without trucks as long as they owned the town.

This is the way I think it needs to go. On some servers there is simply more people flying planes so the owner of server modifies it a little to balance it and so on.

Hi everyone,

I was asking it beacuse the AI sys in the CTI that made by BIS.

I don't really thing it's that easy to make an AI system like BIS did in arma 2, & I really liked the GUI menus that was in the CTI missions.

Last thing is that my "job" in arma is flying fighters and i was disappointed that there weren't airplanes in the CTI made by BIS in OA.

Is there somone that can make this kind of mission?

Dude CTI is already out exactly how you are describing it asaf...Benny Edition is the standard for CTI in Arma 3, just like it was for Arma 2. The BIS ver of CTI for Arma 2 was absolutely terrible and it doesn't even compare to user made CTI missions. Go online, filter set to CTI, then find a mission that has the title BE (benny edition) and join that. Presto, you're playing the best version of CTI and best of all it's a pseudo mix of PVP and PVE.

Have fun.

Old video but shows the game mode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIuiFGRaSt8